Lenovo y50-70 bricked

xkwas

Hi, guys!
I had a whitelisted bios + advanced menu and unlocked vbios for lenovo y50-70 touch. Today I decided to undervolt the cpu in the advanced / overclocking tab in the bios. I tested -90mv stable in windows, but when i applied -70 in bios and hit F10 and saved, the laptop shut down and never wants to get to the POST screen. I tried disconnecting the bios battery, main battery swapping ram, holding power on when everything above disconnected - still nothing after multiple attempts. (I never tried to disconnect the SSD, but I dont think it would make any difference). After all these attempts, I also tried to start the laptop and leave it for 1 hr - nothing. Looks like my settings have been "programmed" into the chip?!. When I start the computer the keyboard is on (caps lock / num lock dont respond with the little light indicator). Cpu & GPU under the heatpipes are hot after 1 hour of "trying to boot" operation. Any ideas how to fix that problem?
Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...

Actually, BIOS recovery in that case wouldn't do much. I've been through that situation before, and Insyde Crisis Mode was also kinda broken after messing with undervolt settings.

The only thing that helped me was:

1. Disconnect the battery and the CMOS battery.

2. Remove all RAM modules.

3. Connect AC and turn it on, then the laptop will endlessly turn on and off.

4. Then when it turns off, connect the CMOS battery.

5. You will be still in a bootloop, then when it turns off again, plug one of the RAM modules in.

6. You should be able to get into BIOS setup screen, with your overclocking menu settings reset to default ;).

• 10 months later...

Hey can someone help me, i tried the method that was up there and it didnt work, my screen is still black, and i cant enter to the bios, all i did was change a gpu settings to auto and my laptop doesnt work ;_; Can someone help me? i dont know how to reset to the defaul the bios, and as i said i tried the method that was up and it didnt work need help asap

Help,i moved a setting on the bios that said something about gpu and i put it to auto, and my screen wont turn on, i cannot get into windows and i cannot get into the bios, i tried the method of removing the ram and the cmos battery and the battery, and connect everything again but it didnt work all i hear was a beep and nothing more, my screen wont turn on and i dont know what to do can someone help me please?(i only heard the beep if i remove the ac conection between the loop shutdowns, and connect the ram then the ac)

What setting did you change? If it related to graphic/display output there may not be an easy way to fix it if the system is unable to detect the display panel. Sometimes clearing NVRAM does not clear all settings. Some are persistent values, in which case you may end up having to pull the BIOS chip, erase it and flash it with a USB programmer from another computer. It takes a specially formatted firmware file to do that.

It is a long shot that may not work, but try connecting an external display. If you have HDMI you can try connecting it to a TV if you do not have a monitor that can be connected. It depends on how Lenovo configured the BIOS. While this may not work you should at least give it a try. If it does that would be easier than pulling the BIOS chip.

Btw my bios was modded by klem i think, it was to unlock stuff and to be able to overclock, lenovo has a crisis something cant i use that to flash a bios?

I tried the tv setting and i it didnt worked 

The setting that i changed had like a c and a g and a l i think not sure but i put that into auto

I will try the crisis recovery method will post if it works

Well after no one helped me i fixed it, it was really freaking easy all you had to do was to atarte in Novo, hit your down key, then enter, then you press f9 hit enter, then press f10 then enter, and it will restart with the default settings, f9 is default and f10 is save and exit you dont need to reflash the bios or do exotic things to the chip.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/15/2016 at 8:08 PM, mikelytoris said:

Well after no one helped me i fixed it, it was really freaking easy all you had to do was to atarte in Novo, hit your down key, then enter, then you press f9 hit enter, then press f10 then enter, and it will restart with the default settings, f9 is default and f10 is save and exit you dont need to reflash the bios or do exotic things to the chip.

GOOD GOD THIS WORKED ON MY "THOUGHT TO BE BRICKED" y50-70 TOUCH!!!!!

You, sir, are a god among men. I would give you a handy if I could. #nohomo