T|I Battlefield 3 64 Player Server

Brian

Would you be interested in seeing a T|I BF3 Server and possibly donating towards it?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in seeing a T|I BF3 Server and possibly donating towards it?

• Yes I'd be interested.
    • I'm too far and my ping would be too high so for me it wouldn't be of any benefit.
    • No, not interested.
    • Maybe (see reply in thread)

• Founder
LAST UPDATE: 1/14/12

NOTE:WE INTEND TO STREAM PBBANS ON THIS SERVER.

[URL=http://www.pbbans.com/sig-allbans-ab12274.html][/URL]

SERVER ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS:
The first SEVEN regular T|I members (min posts 20) that donate a minimum of $5 per month can get BF3 server admin rights (upon request only) for that month. All moderators automatically receive admin rights. In the future this may be subject to change at any time.

REQUESTS: Leave all server related requests and suggestions in this thread.

SUSPECTED CHEATERS: If you suspect someone was cheating on the server, please submit some form of proof (e.g. fraps video or screenshot) so that admins can examine it and determine whether or not to ban the player. T|I admins go over Punkbuster screenshots on a daily basis in addition to monitoring the server so we will do our best to subvert potential hackers.

BF3 SERVER STATUS:
Server is live! Tech|Inferno now has a 64 player BF3 server that is ready for use! As time passes and we get accustomed to administering a battlefield 3 server, we'll add more and more changes to it based on the feedback YOU give us.

BF3 SERVER INFORMATION

Name Tech|Inferno - 1000 Tickets - 1p start
Game/Mod Battlefield 3 + B2K Expansion
Address [FONT=Verdana]208.122.52.86[/FONT]:19667
Battlelog Link Tech|Inferno - 1000 Tickets - 1p start

MUMBLE SERVER INFORMATION

Name Tech|Inferno 64 Player Mumble
IP Address 206.217.128.154, Port 2737
Mumble Link [URL]mumble://206.217.128.154:2737[/URL]

BF3 SERVER SETTINGS

Players 64
Player Health 60%
Tickets 1000
Friendly Fire ON
Kill Cam OFF
# Players to start round 1
# Players to restart round 1
# TK before player kicked 5
3D Spotting OFF
Kick Idle Player (seconds) 300

BF3 SERVER ADMINS

Member Name Administration period
5150Joker - [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] Permanent
Staff Sargent 12/29/11 to 1/29/12
iloveb00bs 12/29/11 to 1/29/12
Pursuit 12/29/11 to 1/29/12
svl7 [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] Permanent
Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
Hmm, i would be interested, but my pings pushing 95 in IL, thats in acceptable range for me but i would hate to annoy other users.

Chicago makes sense as a server spot since its in the middle of the US so both east coast and west coast players would have similar pings. Of course midwest players would have an advantage but its more balanced than say a purely eastern/western server. BTW, go ahead and add your vote to the poll to make it official.

I was on a Australian server a while ago when I joined Jimbo, ping was 300ms and more, but it worked astonishingly well, at least for conquest. A high ping isn't something a players desires, but I think in BF3 it doesn't matter as much as in a fast paced shooter like MW3.

Count me in!

• Founder

svl7 is right, this game has great hit prediction and is usually client based so even a high ping doesn't hamper you much. For a Chicago server, even our European players should have around 150-200 ms max pings.

Sounds awesome to me :D I'll see if i can find one of those Visa charge cards that i can buy stuff with to make a donation :) not sure if i can do it every month though, seeing that I don't have a job, but hey every bit counts

Dear Lurkers, YES YOU,

We will not bite! I promise! Please post / vote , it takes two seconds. We WANT to get to know all of you. Join us in the shoutbox sometime or just post every now and then.

I would donate no problem as long as the SGT major Wifey agrees hehe. If you need any help with this type of stuff I did run a game clan for about 2-3 years and even had a full blown web site with forums. As I am playing BF3 more then my other games right now this sounds like super fun.

Probably the only properly international server that battlefield has ever seen. Placing it in America is logical as the US members benefit and it is right between Europe and AUS. Only region that won't benefit is Asia but I don't know of many members from there.

• Founder

Update: Server is online! We ended up putting it NY,NY in consideration for our international members. Information in the first post will be updated. As promised, those that donated will get admin privilege on a monthly basis. Moderators automatically get permanent admin rights. Thanks to everyone for their generous contributions so far, without you this wouldn't be possible.

This is literally the ideal server for me.

- Ping of 15-20ms :)

- 60% health (sniper win, more balancing for LMG :D)

- No killcams (Worst scenario is you are getting kills and people literally track you down to get you specifically)

Only possible downside for me is no third person view. Helps in jets when your doing evasive maneuvering, but no third person view makes it more immersive / realistic :D

looking forward to seeing everyone on the battlefield, i'll let my friends know about the server

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

We can enable 3rd person vehicles, I actually like it too.

Edit: Can't do it w/out losing the hardcore preset which makes it harder to find us in the server browser.

Edited by Brian

This is literally the ideal server for me.

- Ping of 15-20ms :)

- 60% health (sniper win, more balancing for LMG :D)

- No killcams (Worst scenario is you are getting kills and people literally track you down to get you specifically)

Only possible downside for me is no third person view. Helps in jets when your doing evasive maneuvering, but no third person view makes it more immersive / realistic :D

looking forward to seeing everyone on the battlefield, i'll let my friends know about the server

i like everything about this

Pretty aweseome I ping it at 100ms from the UK. And this is at my GF's house with a crappy line. I'm sure back home I'll get even better ping! WIN! Shall be donating soon. What can an Admin do?

PS Also why all conquest? Could we have at least Metro as Rush? I like the fact that there are many maps. I don't care for the other game types but Conquest at Metro isn't as fun as Rush at Metro.

Edited by widezu69

• Founder

I'll see about adding in a Metro Rush to the map rotation or changing it. Admin gets you the ability to kick/ban people and change maps. I think we're going to limit this to the first 7 people that donate. Next month I may take it down to 5 people to make it more manageable. Right now we have 3 more slots.

Edit: Metro Rush has been added and conquest removed for now. If people like it we'll keep it like that, if not it'll go back to conquest.

Edited by Brian

Pro Tip: Constantly move in conquest to a new objective, don't dilly dally or your points will diminish, and if you don't have a mic (or a working one in my case) everytime you decide to go to a new objective tell your team with team chat (default key K). If people actually come with you you will destroy the other team. Just be careful not to hit J, that will tell the enemy your plans.

- If the enemy takes the base closest to your RU or US deployment, don't worry too much, it should be easy to take back given all your vehicles spawn nearby. Try flanking the enemy and retaking that base.

- Go for bases that are close together, the more spread apart your troops are the more divided and weaker you are. For Caspian Border, the objectives i aim for right away are C and D, and then A since that one is easy to defend.

Edited by mmskate13