Sign in to follow this  
proscia47

Noob friendly guide on how to setup EGPU + DSDT. & GeForce GTX 1050 TI FIX!

Ok, a little background. I have a lenovo L420 laptop and bought an EGPU adapter via Express Card. I used a Geforce GTX 1050 TI

In order for this to work you need to first disconnect any egpu external device and perfrom DSDT override to your system.

Very easy guide thanks to user 'angerthosenear' found here (JAVA MUST BE INSTALLED IN ORDER TO RUN .BAT FILE. Other wise nothing will open)

Keep in mind step 5 on his tutorial was a bit off. The correct code should look like this:

DWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
   0x00000000,         // Granularity
   0x000A0000,         // Range Minimum
   0x000BFFFF,         // Range Maximum
   0x00000000,         // Translation Offset
   0x00020000,         // Length
   ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)
										/*above this line is only for reference. only copy below*/
QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
   0x0000000000000000, // Granularity
   0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum,  set it to 48.5GB
   0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum,  set it to 56.25GB
   0x0000000000000000, // Translation Offset
   0x00000001F0000000, // Length calculated by Range Max - Range Min.
   ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

Restart your computer and confirm your DSDT override worked by going to Device Manager -> Resources by Connection -> Memory and you should see a hierarchy for 'Large Memory'

When I was at this point I was still getting error 43. I thought it was a driver issue, but ****** via email thought it was a timing issue with clocks so he suggested I 'Jumpered' the powersupply so it would constantly stay on as long as it was plugged in. So when I plugged my expresscard in the laptop, the GPU would already be powered on. I would first plug your EGPU in your system and see if you still get this error. If so, jump the power supply unit by grounding the greenwire with either of the black wires to the right or left of it. This can be done in many ways, be smart about it. Try to make it reversible. Don't be like me and cut it, splice it, and jam in behind the ground wire. It works, but, not very pretty. 

This should get yours working. Unless you have a 1050 TI, if so, read on.

Download driver versions  372.70 and 375.63 and extract them

1:) - Open the INF for 375.63
Extract the drivers you want to modify using something like 7zip. (with 7zip installed, just rightclick
and press "Extract to "/File name here"")  
Inside the extracted driver folder open Display.Driver.
The "nv_dispi.inf" in that folder is what we need to modify. If you can't find nv_dispi.inf, look for
"nvts.inf", "nv_dispwi.inf", or "nv4_dispi.inf" instead.

2:) - Your GPU string
Search (CTRL+F) for your gpu '1050 TI'

Copy these lines, should be 3 if I remember correctly

3:) - paste them in the appropriate place on the 372.70 INF file

4:) install 372.70 Drivers and restart

5:) Now, your error 43 should be gone but your GPU will run like dog sh*t. You need to install drivers 375.63 EXPRESS INSTALL ONLY. If done correctly you will not be prompted to restart.

Congratulations, you're done. Took me 3 days to figure this out. If an idiot like me can do it, so can you. I will gladly answer any questions

Edited by proscia47

12 hours ago, proscia47 said:

5:) Now, your error 43 should be gone but your GPU will run like dog sh*t. You need to install drivers 375.63 EXPRESS INSTALL ONLY. If done correctly you will not be prompted to restart.

Didn't work for me. I modded the 372.70 drivers yesterday out of desperation and like you said, it runs like ****. At least it worked somewhat and proved my system is capable of running an eGPU. I saw this post today so I tried to install 375.63 with express install and also through device manager; comes up code 43 every time.

can we get a confirmation of this working i have a t420 upgraded with a quad core i7 2720qm 16gm ram my exp gdc egpu is the v8 beast and the gpu is a zotac 1050 ti ive been lurking for the past couple weeks trying to figure out if this is the way to go or just give up and get a 750 ti

On 12/20/2016 at 11:57 PM, Markofcaine said:

can we get a confirmation of this working i have a t420 upgraded with a quad core i7 2720qm 16gm ram my exp gdc egpu is the v8 beast and the gpu is a zotac 1050 ti ive been lurking for the past couple weeks trying to figure out if this is the way to go or just give up and get a 750 ti

I know how you feeling. Im aslo stuggling with error 43...