m14 w/ 3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M

Enrage68P

Had to reformat, I have the 3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M and cant seem to re-install them.

Install cannot continue

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

Anybody able to get past this it would be greatly appreciated as I've heard of several people with the same issue. Thank you!

Tried twice to reinstall bios 05 then tried to reinstall the drivers and its still not finding it frown.gif. went through setup to see my listed videos cards and saw this

Integrated graphics - Intel Sandy Bridge

Discrete Graphics - NVidia GFX

@Engrage - please download the Intel HD driver from the Dell/Alienware website and install it first. Then go to The nvidia website and download the latest WHQL driver for the Win7x64 and 555M. These should both install correctly without modifications.

Good Luck and let us know if you run into anymore road blocks. Best Wishes, StevenX

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [united Kingdom]

INTEL_--HD-GRAPHICS-3000_A02_R303343.exe (81MB)

nVidia-Driver

NVIDIA_NOTEBOOK-BETA-DRIVER-_P08_R318652.exe (242MB)

nVidia-Driver

NVIDIA_MULTI-DEVICE_A01_R299189.exe (180MB)

these are the drivers ive been installing, none of which have worked :(. Whenever I use the NVIDIA Drivers i get a

Install cannot continue

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

On my Device manager under display adapters I have "Intel® HD Graphics family" and then an error next to "Standard VGA Graphics adapter" no no sign of my NVIDIA Card.

Edited by Enrage68P

Ok.. lets back up here. Please be honest (i don't work for Dell or Alienware).. What were you doing that caused you to have to reload your OS? Were you overclocking or can you provide details? What we have seen (even in the more extreme overclocking cases) that the Drivers usually just have to be re-installed to function normally again.

These are the whql drivers from Nvidia. Graphics Driver - Verde 285.62 Driver - GeForce

The Intel Drivers should be installed first before these.

If the intel drivers do not install I wouldn't bother trying the nvidia drivers. You may have a bigger issue that needs to be escalated to alienware tech support. If you can get the Intel drivers to install and still have a problem with the nvidia drivers, try these drivers instead. They have an updated INF file which will force the notebook to see the nvidia 555.

v285.79 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What you do is download the driver first and then EXTRACT it only. Don't actually install it. It may have a self extracting file or something but just let it do its thing (it will fail) no biggie. Then download the file in GREEN writing called INF MODIFIED and copy it into the folder the driver extracted into. If you copy it to the correct spot it will ask you if you want to OVERWRITE the existing file. Choose yes. Then try installing the driver again by running the setup in the extracted folder (NOT THE DOWNLOADED EXECUTABLE).

Let me know if that works... Good Luck. Sounds like your having a crap day/night so i hope it gets better.

Take Care,

STevenX

Not having any issue with installing the intel drivers. Honestly went on a downloading spree and got a virus lol. So i wiped everything, not really playing around with it lol.

ok so i extracted the file and put it in a folder on my desktop (does it matter where I put it). downloaded the INF file from the link, and tried to copy and paste it into the folder but I havent gotten any overwrite popups. so is there a specific place I should put it? Thanks for all the help thus far I really appreciate it.

Is the nVidia card listened in the Bios? If not, try a hard reset. Carefully open the backplate of your m14x and unswitch the battery connector. If not yet done, also remove the power cable (from the power supply unit). Now push the power button for 30 seconds (nothing will happen since the battery and the power cable are not connected). This basically removes any electricity left in the notebook and forces a recheck of the connected hardware the next time it boots. After you have done this, reconnect the battery again and put the backplate back into position. This will not remove your warranty (check your manual if you have a doubt). Now you should be able to reinstall the nvidia drivers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Before you do that ^^ double check to make sure any static is off you. Touch something metal for a few seconds, like when you pump gas. You have to be really careful because 1 shock and your computer could be fried.

Like mentioned above remove static disconnect bios CMOS battery wire turn system on turn off replace cmos battery wire and turn on go right into bios and do you best to check for and or enable the Nvidia cards inside the bios.. If it doesn't list the Intel and NVIDIA card then like mentioned above there is a bigger issues... If it does then proceed to windows to attempt to install again also make sure you check the graphics switching button etc if it activates the cars for you should be FN+ a number key or F# key....