HELP ASUS G751JY - Motherboard chip burned. Replaceable?

Hilariousz

6 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

Are you saying that the picture is not of your motherboard and what you want to replace?

I had an Asus G751JY, the 2 chip that i mark in circle is burned. i didn't take a original photo from my motherboard because dont want to make confusion. and i'd like to ask if that chip burned is there any possibility to fix by replacing it with new one? or the motherboard already dead too?

Because if i replace the whole motherboard with newer one should be very expensive.

1 hour ago, Hilariousz said:

I had an Asus G751JY, the 2 chip that i mark in circle is burned. i didn't take a original photo from my motherboard because dont want to make confusion. and i'd like to ask if that chip burned is there any possibility to fix by replacing it with new one? or the motherboard already dead too?

Because if i replace the whole motherboard with newer one should be very expensive.

If you have a hot air gun and can locate a source for replacement chips its definitely doable. Laptop motherboards are very good at shutting down when components fail to prevent additional damage.

How do you know those chips failed?

Edited by Khenglish

30 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

If you have a hot air gun and can locate a source for replacement chips its definitely doable. Laptop motherboards are very good at shutting down when components fail to prevent additional damage.

How do you know those chips failed?

After repaste cpu and gpu, My laptop won't turn on and then i smell something burnt. so i decided to teardown my laptop again, disconnect the battery from motherboard and found those small chips is burned.. other components is still good physically

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/9/2016 at 4:23 PM, Hilariousz said:

Hello, my laptop motherboard chip is suddenly burned, is there any possibilities to fix or replace the component?

The picture is just for example. thanks

20161209_121803.jpg

Hi 

You can replace the parts only if you have the correct equipment.

You need to have a micro soldering station and more  and its not cheap to setup and also you need to know how to solder and test the damaged parts in order to  fix  your problem .

I suggest if you have a damaged motherboard it would be cheaper to buy a motherboard from eBay one without problems.

if you mess around trying to fix the damage motherboard it may end up coasting much more than a replacement from eBay.

Edited by tomy22

• 6 months later...