2012 15" MBPr GT650M + GTX1060@10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10 [enjoy]

2 hours ago, Awesome said:

Thanks for the info, I am actually downloading windows 10 at the moment, but I would love to install the window 10 on external drive, will it still work fine? And would I still use the goalque script for install the driver or I will have to do it manually?

Install win10 on external drive would be fine, in my experience, your external drive should directly plug into your Mac instead of a USB hub, otherwise the whole system would crash. 

Thank you Simon753

That is great to know, that means that all windows applications will install on the same external drive, i am building the egpu because of rendering graphics design in After Effects which the graphics card in the MBPr is not supported so the rendering is very slow.  

2 hours ago, Awesome said:

Thank you Simon753

That is great to know, that means that all windows applications will install on the same external drive, i am building the egpu because of rendering graphics design in After Effects which the graphics card in the MBPr is not supported so the rendering is very slow.  

The good news is that you can not only built eGPU for graphics design, you can also built RAID by installing a RAID card on the eGPU adapter and connect a few disks on it, that makes your computer fly XD

Hello, Enjoy!

I do really enjoy your manual, it helped me a lot to run the latest titels on ultra settings on my set up, which is  exactly the same, as yours! So, thank you a lot for this guide!

I am wondering if you ever tried to install newer drivers? Some games like Paragon needs  the latest drivers to work properly, as well as DirectX 12...

May be we should try and croudsource wich one of drivers dated starting from January of 2017 is working properly on our setups? How do you like this idea?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Ael Dae said:

Hello, Enjoy!

I do really enjoy your manual, it helped me a lot to run the latest titels on ultra settings on my set up, which is  exactly the same, as yours! So, thank you a lot for this guide!

I am wondering if you ever tried to install newer drivers? Some games like Paragon needs  the latest drivers to work properly, as well as DirectX 12...

May be we should try and croudsource wich one of drivers dated starting from January of 2017 is working properly on our setups? How do you like this idea?

Its great that you make the same setup :) What is your laptop model ?

I just update my NVIDIA Drivers via Geforce Experience - with the latest one - 378.66, works great!

tqPdWht.png

• Thumbs Up 1

GTA IV (2008)

Very High (all to MAX) +SMAA with ENB mod and textures mods + car mods  with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-35 FPS on my retina display...  The best story in game for me, and after 9 years finally i can run it to the max, its look great with all mods - REPLAY!

FqNaORm.jpg

Zv47fix.jpg

hnRuUWp.jpg

12 hours ago, baroni said:

Hello enjoy, I need to buy those vga adapter for a macbook mid 2012 model no retina GT650m?

Yes, you must make the same steps like me....

Edited by enjoy

Hi Enjoy!

How are you? I've been using it with climbshell and it's never hot, maybe because it's Retina though I don't play game on it, I only use it for my graphics applications. I was afraid to install the windows 10 on external hard drive because of my graphics applications and numerous plugins thinking they might not perform effectively . When will Nvidia  make pascal driver for Mac? :) I know that I should be asking Nvidia that question not you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.02.2017 at 0:08 PM, enjoy said:

Its great that you make the same setup :) What is your laptop model ?

I just update my NVIDIA Drivers via Geforce Experience - with the latest one - 378.66, works great!

Mine is the same as yours. Any news about Nvidia 378.78 drivers support?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Enjoy, I have a setup basically identical to yours (you can find it here in my previous comments), I would like to play on my internal display but when I put fullscreen, while I am am playing in windowed mode, the game goes in fullscreen to the second (fake) monitor which is set as main. I play Arma 3, I start it in window mode from the launcher but then I cannot manage to put it in fullscreen. Some hints?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Kåre. I help users on this site find power solutions for the Akitio Thunderbox and I currently see that you may want to your into the case, if you just had the correct power supply cable that would allow for it to be seated inside the case. I currently make a cable that will allow the case to be replaced with the cable going through a tiny hole that cane be cut around the corner of the back or the case.  KAREONKABLES.COM

SAM_70.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1