Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
enjoy

2012 15" MBPr GT650M + GTX1060@10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10 [enjoy]

enjoy    9

@irokez Win (CMD) + Left not work for every game, so i use both methods Dual Monitor Tools and Win (CMD) + Left (when sometimes Dual Monitor Tools fails), based on the game i play!

About Ghost HDMI dummy adapter, its the same, but the price is high ;) 

goto35    1

With hdmi dummy plug can it work with native resolution or just 1080p?

irokez    0

With Headless Ghost HDMI Dummy you can work with a 4K resolution, with the enjoy's resistor solution not, only 1080p.

goto35    1
3 minutes ago, irokez said:

With Headless Ghost HDMI Dummy you can work with a 4K resolution, with the enjoy's resistor solution not, only 1080p.

I don't think that's true since the op has screenshots showing native resolution. Right?

the secondary monitor at 1080 is good enough for this solution right??

great suggestion btw 

goto35    1

Hey enjoy what resolution is your fake monitor???

4 hours ago, irokez said:

What does that mean work with 4k resolution?

macbook is only 2880 so why would u want 4k???

enjoy    9
16 hours ago, goto35 said:

Hey enjoy what resolution is your fake monitor???

Resolutions are 1680 x 1050 on both...

goto35    1
21 hours ago, irokez said:

I think irokez might be up to something.

If we get that 4k adapter can we play on native 2560x1600 ???

5 minutes ago, enjoy said:

Resolutions are 1680 x 1050 on both...

enjoy can you even get to 1080p or 2560x1600 ???

My question is how can i get 2560x1600?

enjoy    9
1 hour ago, goto35 said:

I think irokez might be up to something.

If we get that 4k adapter can we play on native 2560x1600 ???

enjoy can you even get to 1080p or 2560x1600 ???

My question is how can i get 2560x1600?

Yes you can, you can create it via NVIDIA Control panel, custom resolutions, its just progressive not native but who cares :) the performance will be the same with the 4k fake adapter or our VGA fake adapter ...

enjoy    9

and again, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 

Ultra preset with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-40 FPS on my retina display ;) Its look great!

deus2.jpgdeus.jpg

DEUS3.jpg

london.jpg

Edited by enjoy

enjoy    9

Need For Speed

Ultra + TAA with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-40 FPS on my retina display... :)

nfs3.jpg

nfs2.jpg

nfs4.jpg

enjoy    9

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Ultra + all to MAX with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-40 FPS on my retina display... :)

COD3.jpg

cod4.jpg

COD.jpg

CODSETTINGS.jpg

DSaul    3

@enjoy Your case-mod looks great. Can you show inside your box how you were able to fit in the enclosed case the power cable into the graphic cards.

I got the 1060 SC and Akitio thunder 3, for my Mac 13 2016 with TB. Have everything ready except the Akitio Case coming next week.

enjoy    9
11 hours ago, DSaul said:

@enjoy Your case-mod looks great. Can you show inside your box how you were able to fit in the enclosed case the power cable into the graphic cards.

I got the 1060 SC and Akitio thunder 3, for my Mac 13 2016 with TB. Have everything ready except the Akitio Case coming next week.

1, I made by myself 90 degrees 6 pin i use one of my  Startech.com 6 inch PCI Express Power Splitter Cable to close the Akitio

123455.jpg

2. I buy 6-pin to 6+2-pin PCI-E power cable (you can use 6pin to 6 pin but i cant find here in Bulgaria), cut him and put him in the Akitio original hole close to Akitio Barell plug

qwrqwrrq.jpg

3. I remove the Akitio back panel (also help for the Air)

5YP1iuj.jpg

I will make picture inside when i clean the Akitio Case mod for the dust in future!

Edited by enjoy

enjoy    9

Crysis 3

Very High (all to MAX) + FXAA with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-40 FPS on my retina display... old but GOLD...

crysis.jpg

crysis2.jpg

crysis3.jpg

marcellom    1

Hi, is there any other way to use the internal display of the MAC instead using the adapter with the resistors?

BTW thanks a lot for the tutorial.

Edited by marcellom

enjoy    9
2 hours ago, marcellom said:

Hi, is there any other way to use the internal display of the MAC instead using the adapter with the resistors?

BTW thanks a lot for the tutorial.

No there is no way, Nvidia Optimus is not available for this model, but the fake display method work great!

enjoy    9

Project CARS

Ultra (all to MAX) + SMAA with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-40 FPS on my retina display... the best racing game for me, with the most detailed cars!

projectcars2.jpg

projectcars4.jpg

projectcars.jpg

enjoy    9

For everyone who is interested:

Here is the deference between Thunderbolt™ 1,Thunderbolt™ 2 and Thunderbolt™ 3

In my case, my eGPU have TB1 (PCIe x4 2.0) so we have only 5% drop vs. TB2 and TB3, so no reason to update to TB2 or TB3 laptop and Akitio Node or Akitio TB3 :) I will have only 5-10% better performance from what i read or 5 FPS increase in games with other words!

perfrel_1920.gifcrysis_1920x1200_high.png

pci-express-slots.giftech.png

Edited by enjoy

marcellom    1

Hi again, I have everything setup (even the resistors). My last step is the eGPU setup 1.2. I looked online but I couldn't find it... Since I think it is not possibile to put the link here, could you just tell me by PM please?

Thanks

Edit: I'm trying to make it working without installing eGPU setup 1.2, but the NVIDIA Control Panel keep saying I don't have an NVIDIA card attached to the display. Is because I don't have installed that software? Or it is another problem?

Edited by marcellom

enjoy    9

Watch Dogs 2 also have option to choose the Display and the Video Card - its amazing if the new games keep this option!

Ultra (all to MAX) + MSAAx2 with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-35 FPS on my retina display... no comment :)

watchDogs2 3.jpg

watchDogs2.jpg

watchDogs2 1.jpg

watchDogs2 2.jpg

enjoy    9

Tom Clancy's The Division™

Ultra (all to MAX) + SMAAx1 with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-35 FPS on my retina display... great game ;)

division5.jpg

Spoiler

division2.jpg

division4.jpg

division3.jpg

Edited by enjoy

enjoy    9

I found this in the Razer forums: 

306117_c6abd9dc9c41376996a831842263c538.

Here is the link to the post: https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/razer-blade-2016-gtx-1060-benchmarks.17082/page-37#post-292119

My result is here:

EBXzdoi.jpg

So i have Razer Blade performance with 2012 - Macbook Pro :)

* He bumped Core and Memory clocks up to 185 and 400 respectively on the GPU :)

Razer Blade specification:

• Latest Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor
  • Next Gen. Desktop-Grade NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM) Graphics
  • Incredible 14.0" Full HD (1920x1080) Display
  • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD storage and faster 16GB DDR4 2133 MHz Memory

My MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) specification:

• 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 "Ivy Bridge" (I7-3615QM) Quad-Core Processor
  • 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Super Clocked (1607 /1835) / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB  / Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 - Graphics
Edited by enjoy

Awesome    0

Hi!

What a great setup/build, I love it. I love to build such with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. My primary reason for building is to accelerate the performance of rendering in my motion graphics applications (e.g. Adobe and Cinema 4D) not really for gaming. I already ordered the Akitio Thunder 2, planning to order the GTX 1060 GPU and other stuffs that it is needed. But read that the GTX 1060 draws about 300w and the Dell DA2 is 220w, is that enough to power the box and the GPU together? and can I still remove the VGA and hook external monitor via HDMI when like?   

Awesome    0

Please I would also like to know if you cut the height of the Male pin for the 90 degrees 6 pin you use from one of your Startech.com 6 inch PCI Express Power Splitter Cable for the Akitio to be able to close?

enjoy    9

@Awesome EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING - draws 120W info - http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6163-KR so no problem about the power, you can use external or internal display like me with no problem!

Yes i use mod one of Startech.com 6 inch PCI Express Power Splitter Cable to close the Akitio Thunder2 :)

The Witcher 3 

Ultra (all to MAX) + Nvidia HairWorks AA with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-35 FPS on my retina display

WITCHER3.jpg

Spoiler

WITCHER31.jpg

WITCHER32.jpg

WITCHER33.jpg

DiRT Rally

Ultra (all to MAX) + 8xMSAA with 1680x1050 I can play the game with 30-35 FPS on my retina display...

dirt rally final.jpg

Edited by enjoy