Failed try on Optimus in Win8.1(2014 MBP w/ 750m)

jackfsqyj

Hi everyone,

I've been using external GTX970 for several months with a external monitor. My setup is:

GTX970, Macbook Pro 2014 w/ 750m.

The issue is that I am currently trying to save space and use internal screen instead. I've read several threads in tech inferno no matter they gave a successful solution or not.

The steps I have tried are:

1.Install reFind and run apple_set_os to get Intel Driver 

2.Run Integrated.bat downloaded from GitHub

3. Connect eGPU and reboot. Now it has 3 GPU recognized (750m,5200, GTX970 with error message)

4. I disabled GT750m,run integrated.bat again and reboot.

5.Now it has 5200 and GTX970, but the 5200 is running the internal screen and I cannot open Nvdia preference since it says I do not have a Nvdia product.

What should I do? At least I make it look like correct by having GTX970 and 5200 both available (and 750m disabled). But it looks like 970 are taking care of a virtual external monitor as I can guess.

By the way, every reboot process I've been using comes with the apple_set_os. I am not sure it is the correct process.