xzknightzx

mPCIE Error 43 with 10-series cards

1 hour ago, egpulover said:

@xzknightzx I think I got a working solution however I'm unable to test it and make sure so please do everything below as your own risk:

First let take a look at the IFR of the Hot Plug option of the Root Port 3:

0x2402C 			Setting: Hot Plug, Variable: 0x358 {05 91 78 07 79 07 C8 03 01 00 58 03 10 10 00 01 00}
0x2403D 				Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 36 06 30 00 00}
0x24044 				Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 35 06 00 00 01}
0x2404B 			End of Options {29 02}

What we got from this is the state of the option is store in a variable - 0x358 - so all we need to do, is change it state from Disable (0x0) to Enable (0x1), so here is how to do so:

Good luck if you decided to take the risk XD

Sources of information:

It would be sweet if that works. I didn't know there was a way to modify flags using the EFI Shell. I'm guessing that is how the DIY EGPU setup is modifying parameters as well?

Edited by bloodhawk

18 minutes ago, bloodhawk said:

It would be sweet if that works. I didn't know there was a way to modify flags using the EFI Shell. I'm guessing that is how the DIY EGPU setup is modifying parameters as well?

I doubt it since the variable offset is vary for each bioses, I never really take a good look at DIY anyway.

The GTX 10-Cards work either with NVIDIA driver verison 372.70 (except for 1050 and 1050 ti) , or if you enable hot plugging in your BIOS.

However, even after enabling Hot Plugging, error 43 still occurs when using a driver older than version 375.70

I run my GTX 1060 6G over mPCIE with GDC EXP Beast V8.0, and it worked until driver version 375.70 with hot plugging enabled. After that, i keep getting error 43.

Seems like NVIDIA tries to kill eGPUs over mPCIE. :45:

On 12/27/2016 at 0:32 PM, egpulover said:

@xzknightzx I think I got a working solution however I'm unable to test it and make sure so please do everything below as your own risk:

First let take a look at the IFR of the Hot Plug option of the Root Port 3:

0x2402C 			Setting: Hot Plug, Variable: 0x358 {05 91 78 07 79 07 C8 03 01 00 58 03 10 10 00 01 00}
0x2403D 				Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 36 06 30 00 00}
0x24044 				Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 35 06 00 00 01}
0x2404B 			End of Options {29 02}

What we got from this is the state of the option is store in a variable - 0x358 - so all we need to do, is change it state from Disable (0x0) to Enable (0x1), so here is how to do so:

Good luck if you decided to take the risk XD

Sources of information:

I am going to attempt this but, I'm going to take precautions to be able to unbrick my system encase of such a result. I'm ordering a USB Programmer CH341A Series and a 8 socket chip clip adapter that way I can backup the bios directly from and to the chip. The only problem I'm going to have now is finding where the bios chip is...

I should receive the clip Saturday (12/30/2016) EDIT: Received the clip today (Friday), Came early which is nice! :)

The programmer Wednesday. (1/3/2017) EDIT: Going to receive the programmer tomorrow (Wednesday) :D!!  (1/4/2017) EDIT: I Got the Programmer :)

Here's a link to information I found on how to do this.

(It's a guide on how to install a modded bios on a bios chip, I'm just going to save the bios currently on my chip instead)

Edited by xzknightzx
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, xzknightzx said:

I am going to attempt this but, I'm going to take precautions to be able to unbrick my system encase of such a result. I'm ordering a USB Programmer CH341A Series and a 8 socket chip clip adapter that way I can backup the bios directly from and to the chip. The only problem I'm going to have now is finding where the bios chip is...

I should receive the clip Saturday and the programmer Wednesday.

Here's a link to information I found on how to do this.

(It's a guide on how to install a modded bios on a bios chip, I'm just going to save the bios currently on my chip instead)

Looking forward to that, keep us updated, :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I successfully made a backup of my bios and now I'm going to be able to attempt using the EFI Shell to enable hot plugging! ...Once I assemble my laptop back together that is.

Thanks for being so patient, it took me a while to figure out how to use the clip and programmer correctly.

(1/5/27) Edit: Update. So I assembled my laptop, ran EFI shell without success, I believe it must be the version I used because after using it I realized it was for a Insyde H2o based bios. I am looking for another EFI shell that might actually work but as of now no working solutions. So I was able to reboot my computer after running the command and open up HWINFO to realize nothing was changed. What I did in turn was do the process of running the EFI Shell again and rebooting to windows to find that it did absolutely nothing.

I also would like to inform anyone that wishes to know where the bios chip is on the motherboard (here's an image), turns out it was next to the mPCIE slot, how ironic...

Added a picture of the command being run in a version of EFI that was "successful" but not because it didn't hold the value change.

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 5749 Bios Chip.png

4rhg6y9egb49hj6zg.jpg

Edited by xzknightzx

Alright so, I've found that EFI shell is not a good work around for enabling hot-plugging because I have an AMI bios and the program I could only find that actually has that command only works for Insyde H2o bios. But, I came across a few great topics on another forum that actually gave me some awesome/interesting results but with major bugs. I downloaded drivers 372.70 & 375.63. This resolved the error 43 after installation but when using GPU-Z it didn't display the correct information for the card.

Haven't tested playing a game of some sort but I try, hope me luck.

Here are some links to where i found that someone had tried this, so I did the same.

The first link states what drivers make this result (372.70 and 375.63)

A picture of my results aswell I had taken.

The same thing - error 43 when using a driver newer than version 375.70 even with hot plug enabled (lenovo y580).

The problem with 375.70 is I get BSOD while in game. It doesn't really matter what I play it can be lowest spec game, yet still drivers would crash. New drivers show code:43, even though hot plugging is enabled. Important to note that NVIDIA has enough problems with desktop users who report faulty drivers on a daily basis. That being said, it's silly to wait and "hack" every piece of crippled software they release this is not what I paid for. I sold my EVGA GTX 1050 for RX 460 and called it a day.

once i did, after 2 weeks working perfectly (i did benchmark with Heaven, it got better score than my 960) then my laptop crashed once, after that i restarted and got error 43 and can't fix it (until now)by the way i used to, maybe something was changed in my windows but i'm so lazy to reinstall it
i think there is someway, but we didn't figured out xD

IMG_2039.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Edited by 明日花キララcsgo-skins.com
adding benchmark to proof