mPCIE Error 43 with 10-series cards

xzknightzx

Hello, we've all have been experiencing problems with Error 43 showing up on our 10-series cards and us smashing are heads on the keyboard screaming to the top of are lungs "WHY WON'T IT WORK!". I own a GTX 1050 Non-ti and I've been struggling to find a solution as well. The reason I'm making this topic is to pull away from another topic that was started by @Lucas114846 requesting help for his/her GTX 1060 having Error 43 running through thunderbolt. I simply want to respect the users that are frustrated by mPCIE users posting all over This Thread about modding inf files and want to provide a topic more focused on just mPCIE with 10-series.

@Darkthor helped clarify about Modding INF files and some other confusion of someone saying his friend found a "fix" and I would like to Thank him for this. here is his post below.

Darkthor

• Settling In
  •  
  • Darkthor
  • Registered User (Promoted)
  • 23 posts

Posted 3 hours ago (edited) · Report post

On 11/28/2016 at 11:36 PM, vrian said:

NV_DISPI talk time

Let's clear something out about this NV_DISPI.inf  everyone is crazy about.

It's not the holy grail and THE file that you need to worry about ! NV_dispi can be FINE and you're still screwed.

Why? 

READ ON FOR ONCE: 

NV_DISPI.iNF is a instruction/ descriptor file that is used during install AND adds in your registry certain informations {HKLM }  regarding copied files and their USE by Windows AND copy  specific files from the display driver folder  to the system folders (like system32 / syswow64 ) and activate specific services required by your GPU. Even if it's perfect , if a DLL is screwed or from another driver, you're screwed. 

And good luck finding out which of the TONS of dll's and registry keys is screwed.

Thinking that just having the correct nv_dispi file will fix stuff, is ludicrous.

It's like saying if you have instructions on how to build a rocket, you don't need the correct materials (dll's)

Once again: nvdispi is a set of instructions to your pc as to

-what deviceID  that specific driver supports (THIS is what you can mod- desktop to mobile , otherwise 99% it wont work)

-what files to copy for a specific deviceID from the mountain of dll's inside the driver folder

-what registry keys  system needs to ADDRESS the dll's and USE them for the display drivers

-what services  it will have/install/use for your display driver.

-what other instructions it must follow if a specific dll / instruction table is copied (in my case, nvami- i have an ASUS) Why does modding nv_disp work from desktop to laptop?

-if all these sound like mumbo-jumbo or you dont understand what they do/are , please stop right here. it's definitely out of your league.

( Acer & Gateway = nvaci.inf
Asus = nvami.inf
Apple = nvaoi.inf
Compal = nvcti.inf
Clevo (Sager & other re-brands) = nvcvi.inf
Dell & Alienware = nvdmi.inf
Fujitsu = nvfmi.inf
HP = nvbli.inf
HP = nvhmi.inf
LG = nvloi.inf
Lenovo = nvlti.inf
MSI = nvmii.inf
NEC = nvqni.inf Siemens = nvfui.inf
Sony = nvszci.inf
Toshiba Qosmio = nvtdi.inf
Toshiba = nvtsi.inf 

....etc )

Why it works to mod the nv_dispi and nvami/etc  to install desktop drivers on laptop edition gpu?

-Because the gpu inside your laptop it's the same architecture as the desktop one, with (usually) same  parameters , same processor, just "dumbed down" and underclocked like crazy so it can work with the power requirements your laptop has.

-If the architecture is different, there is 99% chance it will never ever work, or just error out.

Even if it's modded, if the dll you need  (..GOD knows which ! ) , has a bad syntax somewhere....you're screwed.

It's like forcing a square peg in a round hole and hoping the paint won't chip on either.

Doesn't work like that.

PS: 

On 11/28/2016 at 11:36 PM, vrian said:

ok, I ask him to copy it.

He said that he clean install the driver (may be by using DDU) and than install the 375.70 driver

can you just do that (not to edit the 
nv_dispi file)? please tell me if it's work :)

My friend prove it whit this image

Untitled_zpsgt7bpm8s.png

An ENTIRE forum says it's not working ....and your "friend" says it is.  

I smell something fishy....as in i call bullsh*t.

I think it's one of those troll posts like "i got it running! woot!...." and the guy disapears  off the face of the planet after 2 posts.

If it's NOT and it's legit, I want to see GPU-Z screenshot and dxdiag screenshot, display adapters screenshot of the integrated GPU, laptop model, setup , and windows version.

And a benchmark, any benchmark, off the iGPU and Egpu.If not, it's bullcrap..

Why?

It may look like it's working, but gpu-z  wont give any readings off the Mhz of the gpu. 100%. It's an intermitent error I had sometimes when I installed 1050ti over the base drivers, and they somehow got mixed.  The gpu doesnt work at all, and after you uninstall everything and DDU, you will get error 43, like normally.

Even if it says it's working normally, gpu-z WILL NOT, i repeat...WILL NOT give correct Clock readings....aka: bogus installation.

And I'm coming back to what the last 6 pages wrote,and NO ONE NEW TO THE FORUMS cares to READ:  

1050 Ti  DOES....NOT.... WORK ...OVER...mPCIE  YET  !!!!

Stop littering the thread !

Edited 17 minutes ago by Darkthor

I'm not sure if it doesn't work (I can't say it doesn't), I believe that there is a solution either Nvidia fixes this or we pull are findings together here and fix it                                         ourselves. Another possible solution I've read is Enabling Hot-plugging in Bios as said by @GTANAdam and @Abdul-Jakul Their Posts Below.

Abdul-Jakul Had replied to Darkthor's comment as I was making this, his reply below.

GTANAdam

• Settling In
  •  
  • GTANAdam
  • 19 posts

People be smarter.. you can't just copy over files from a driver to another without changing things and whatever.. that's not even half of what porting means...

Adding Hardware IDs to the driver files so Windows Driver installer recognises it actually does the trick but you cannot expect the driver to work with the hardware correctly.

Some laptops come with the mPCIe hotplug capability already enabled so the drivers earlier than 375.86 will actually work without the need to mod the BIOS to enable hotplugging capability, I've noticed this while experimenting on my netbook as it accepted the the 375.76 without any BIOS modding so it must have the hotplugging capability turned on by default.

Please stop repeating the same thing over and over littering the thread further and further making the older posts unreadable for the others.. I'm not even talking about how some folks are not reading them and asking already asked questions.

and I don't want to repeat this..

YOU CANNOT RUN THE 1050 (Ti) PROPERLY WITHOUT mPCIe HOTPLUG CAPABILITY ENABLED IN BIOS AND READ THE OLDER POSTS!

Edited Tuesday at 07:37 AM by GTANAdam

Abdul-Jakul

• Settling In
  •  
  • Abdul-Jakul
  • Abdul-Jakul

if you can enable hot plugging on your mpcie thru your MB then you dont need to do any modding. im currently using gtx 1050 ti oc on my acer aspire v3-471g windows 10                                       laptop with exp gdc beast v8.0 setup with no mod . just mod my bios to enable all option and VIOLA!!!

Great discussion on Geforce Forum about This Issue link here!

Edited by xzknightzx
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Abdul-Jakul said:

are you still not able to make your gtx 1050 work? if not you need to find out if you can enable hot plugging on your Mpcie.

may i know what your system is so i can help you check if you can enable hot plug

Yes I'm still struggling to have my GTX 1050 in working order still lol. I have discovered that I cannot enable Hot-plugging on my mpcie due to my bios being locked up. I have searched up for a modded version of my bios over and over again. Thanks for doing this :D

My System:

Picture is of HWiNFO64 of my mpci information (Says hot plugging not capable :logik:)

Hotplug.PNG

Edited by xzknightzx

1 hour ago, xzknightzx said:

Yes I'm still struggling to have my GTX 1050 in working order still lol. I have discovered that I cannot enable Hot-plugging on my mpcie due to my bios being locked up. I have searched up for a modded version of my bios over and over again. Thanks for doing this :D

My System:

Picture is of HWiNFO64 of my mpci information (Says hot plugging not capable :logik:)

Hotplug.PNG

found the guy who can mod your bios however i can't post here his email (got penalty once after i posted my email )

@xzknightzx: yes you are right, if its safe to edit it via amibcp and reflash the bios then its an easy fix, just ask someone who are pretty good at bios mods (not me). If he says yes then just load your bios, put this to Enabled on Port3 in the Optimal column, flash the saved rom and use the "~Load Optimal settings" menu to apply it. 

dell.jpg

Edited by Doink

On 12/6/2016 at 7:28 AM, Doink said:

@xzknightzx: yes you are right, if its safe to edit it via amibcp and reflash the bios then its an easy fix, just ask someone who are pretty good at bios mods (not me). If he says yes then just load your bios, put this to Enabled on Port3 in the Optimal column, flash the saved rom and use the "~Load Optimal settings" menu to apply it. 

dell.jpg

Thanks for the awesome reply! I tried extracting the .rom file from the 3443A08.EXE bios file with no avail. :( I tried using the cmd method (3443A08.EXE /writeromfile) but the .rom file doesn't open with AMIBCP giving me the error message "Couldn't open the file!". I've searched all over for another solution but now I'm stuck.:frantics:

Do you know how I could obtain it?

EDIT: I see in the image you provided the title of the file is 3443A00.rom, How did you get this file? :o

(Didn't realize the file name you were opening in AMIBCP until 5 minutes after post)

EDIT: Solved the problem Doink messaged me that I must use AMIBCP aptio 5 version and now I'm able to open the .rom file! :D

Edited by xzknightzx

Did anyone try what is suggested by Ahmed?

He seems to say (and many others comment) that using DDU to uninstall, installing old driver then upgrading to new seems to fix Error43.

Has anyone else tried this?

@Bertie Yes, this does work for some with mpcie to revert to version 372.70 but, If you own a card that isn't supported in that version such as the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 ti (One of which I own) It will give error 43. So for instance I have to use a newer version and in the newer versions of the driver you must have Hot Plugging Enabled. So the only solution for someone with this problem Is to enable Hot Plugging and for some this isn't as easy as one would think. Some have Hot Plugging already enabled but others that don't have that ability must mod their bios to enable it due to their bios having this setting locked.

Thanks for making adding more relevant information to the thread. :D 

I've run into a new problem while trying to save the modified rom file with AMIBCP aptio 5. The error I get is "Error occurred in BIOS rebuild (#0000C00E)". I attempted this using AMIBCP version 5.01.0014 and version 5.02.0023 ending up with the same problem. I did this on a virtual machine thinking it was my antivirus or something like that and realized it wasn't. Does anyone have an Idea what my problem is? Again I looked this up with no solution :(

Picture Below showing the Error:

ScreenShot.png

2 hours ago, xzknightzx said:

@Bertie Yes, this does work for some with mpcie to revert to version 372.70 but, If you own a card that isn't supported in that version such as the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 ti (One of which I own) It will give error 43. So for instance I have to use a newer version and in the newer versions of the driver you must have Hot Plugging Enabled. So the only solution for someone with this problem Is to enable Hot Plugging and for some this isn't as easy as one would think. Some have Hot Plugging already enabled but others that don't have that ability must mod their bios to enable it due to their bios having this setting locked.

Thanks for making adding more relevant information to the thread. :D 

I've run into a new problem while trying to save the modified rom file with AMIBCP aptio 5. The error I get is "Error occurred in BIOS rebuild (#0000C00E)". I attempted this using AMIBCP version 5.01.0014 and version 5.02.0023 ending up with the same problem. I did this on a virtual machine thinking it was my antivirus or something like that and realized it wasn't. Does anyone have an Idea what my problem is? Again I looked this up with no solution :(

Picture Below showing the Error:

ScreenShot.png

If you can dump your BIOS using FPT , using a DOS boot USB. I can look into it. 

On 12/12/2016 at 2:31 AM, bloodhawk said:

If you can dump your BIOS using FPT , using a DOS boot USB. I can look into it. 

Sorry for replying so late and thanks for your reply @bloodhawk, I attempted booting a FreeDos USB with FPT without success for most of the week. I got it to work tonight but with failure, I swear dell hates me... It booted after having me take out my hard drive and turning OFF Secure Boot. I had to do this because my boot options I discovered were locked up as well and this had taken up most of my time this week with me tinkering to bypass this. When I found a work around I ran into an error 201 with the FPT as seen in the image below, so I wasn't able to make a dump. Is there another version of FPT that might work or something?

Thank you again! I appreciate all the help I get :)

Error 201.jpg

On 12/17/2016 at 10:20 PM, xzknightzx said:

Sorry for replying so late and thanks for your reply @bloodhawk, I attempted booting a FreeDos USB with FPT without success for most of the week. I got it to work tonight but with failure, I swear dell hates me... It booted after having me take out my hard drive and turning OFF Secure Boot. I had to do this because my boot options I discovered were locked up as well and this had taken up most of my time this week with me tinkering to bypass this. When I found a work around I ran into an error 201 with the FPT as seen in the image below, so I wasn't able to make a dump. Is there another version of FPT that might work or something?

Thank you again! I appreciate all the help I get :)

Error 201.jpg

That is weird. I read about that error sometimes showing up because of the 32/64bit executable. 

Give one of these a shot : 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtHvY3vY0T9YrSSOQmoSTK0UI0Ge

If the first 2 dont work, just use the Windows one and dump only the BIOS.

Edited by bloodhawk

10 hours ago, bloodhawk said:

That is weird. I read about that error sometimes showing up because of the 32/64bit executable. 

Give one of these a shot : 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtHvY3vY0T9YrSSOQmoSTK0UI0Ge

If the first 2 dont work, just use the Windows one and dump only the BIOS.

Hey, did exactly as you suggested and sorry to say but no success. Here's what I got for results using the files you given me and thanks again! :D

Spoiler

I did FPT1 and FPT2 as seen below, FPT2 I tried first recieving Error 328: Invalid descriptor region and FPT1 gave me the same Error I got last time.

FPT Results.jpg

Below is the fptw64.exe in windows, it ran into that same 201 error.

fptw64.exe.PNG

18 hours ago, xzknightzx said:

Hey, did exactly as you suggested and sorry to say but no success. Here's what I got for results using the files you given me and thanks again! :D

Reveal hidden contents

I did FPT1 and FPT2 as seen below, FPT2 I tried first recieving Error 328: Invalid descriptor region and FPT1 gave me the same Error I got last time.

FPT Results.jpg

Below is the fptw64.exe in windows, it ran into that same 201 error.

fptw64.exe.PNG

That is indeed troublesome. At least in Windows it should work, unless Windows is 32bit

Or 

Is there Intel Anti Theft /secure boot/ UEFI  enabled ?

On 12/20/2016 at 3:36 PM, bloodhawk said:

That is indeed troublesome. At least in Windows it should work, unless Windows is 32bit

Or 

Is there Intel Anti Theft /secure boot/ UEFI  enabled ?

I had UFEI enabled so I disabled it, secure boot was disabled and Intel Anti Theft (Computrace) is deactivated. Went through the same procedure and had same results.

Here Are some images of what was set:

Spoiler

IMAG0173.jpgIMAG0174.jpg

On 12/21/2016 at 3:01 PM, xzknightzx said:

I had UFEI enabled so I disabled it, secure boot was disabled and Intel Anti Theft (Computrace) is deactivated. Went through the same procedure and had same results.

Here Are some images of what was set:

Hide contents

IMAG0173.jpgIMAG0174.jpg

Dang. 

Let me look into this. 

I think a friend of mine has the same laptop, let me see if I can figure things out on his system. Will update you later this weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bloodhawk said:

Dang. 

Let me look into this. 

I think a friend of mine has the same laptop, let me see if I can figure things out on his system. Will update you later this weekend. 

Thank you so much for everything, I can't thank you enough.

Merry Christmas! :D

On 12/22/2016 at 3:38 PM, xzknightzx said:

Thank you so much for everything, I can't thank you enough.

Merry Christmas! :D

So turns out his system is different,  but i have been taking a peek at the IFR structure of the Setup module, and it seems to be weird as compared to the older BIOS'. I was able to enable HotPlug for Port 1 and 5 , but the rest need to be enabled using UEFI Tool / Hex Editor. But i need to find the exact layout first.

Will you be able to upload images of each and every BIOS Menu somewhere? (Please make sure you blur out any serial numbers/MAC ID's etc) 

Im sure it will cumbersome, so you can take your time.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bloodhawk said:

So turns out his system is different,  but i have been taking a peek at the IFR structure of the Setup module, and it seems to be weird as compared to the older BIOS'. I was able to enable HotPlug for Port 1 and 5 , but the rest need to be enabled using UEFI Tool / Hex Editor. But i need to find the exact layout first.

Will you be able to upload images of each and every BIOS Menu somewhere? (Please make sure you blur out any serial numbers/MAC ID's etc) 

Im sure it will cumbersome, so you can take your time.  

That's some great news! :D

I have taken pictures of every BIOS Menu (Main, Advanced, Security, Boot, Exit) in that order.

Here's a link to pictures

sorry for the quality of the pictures, tried three different phones and this was the best.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still learning on modding bios (mostly just asus so let learn more about dell), so let me put in some of the stuffs I have figure out on your bios:

Here is the full IFR of the setup module: https://a.pomf.cat/tsslli.txt

Below is the part of the menu tab:

0x187C6 	Form: Setup, Form ID: 0x2715 {01 86 15 27 06 00}
0x187CC 		Ref: Main, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 08 00 02 00 25 00 00 00 FF FF 00 16 27}
0x187DB 		Ref: Advanced, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1D 00 02 00 26 00 00 00 FF FF 00 17 27}
0x187EA 		Ref: Chipset, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1E 00 02 00 27 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1A 27}
0x187F9 		Ref: Security, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 2D 00 02 00 28 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1B 27}
0x18808 		Ref: Boot, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1F 00 02 00 29 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1C 27}
0x18817 		Ref: Save & Exit, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 40 00 02 00 2A 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1E 27}
0x18826 	End Form {29 02}

Your Root Port 3 Hot Plug part:

0x2402C 			Setting: Hot Plug, Variable: 0x358 {05 91 78 07 79 07 C8 03 01 00 58 03 10 10 00 01 00}
0x2403D 				Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 36 06 30 00 00}
0x24044 				Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 35 06 00 00 01}
0x2404B 			End of Options {29 02}

I'm still unable to find the variable making the chipset availaible to user (asus bios was just an array of boolean), its appears that to show chipset menu we have to manually edit every "Suppress If" value and that is beyond me (for now). Basically if any one have a better understanding of how the module in hex (not me sr) could hard set the optimal value of the Hot Plug variable then repack it with UEFITool, its should work. I spent way too many time on this instead of my upcoming exam so I cannot dig any further, but if someone know how to change these hex value correctly please guide us.

Edited by egpulover
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, egpulover said:

I'm still learning on modding bios (mostly just asus so let learn more about dell), so let me put in some of the stuffs I have figure out on your bios:

Here is the full IFR of the setup module: https://a.pomf.cat/tsslli.txt

Below is the part of the menu tab:

0x187C6 	Form: Setup, Form ID: 0x2715 {01 86 15 27 06 00}
0x187CC 		Ref: Main, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 08 00 02 00 25 00 00 00 FF FF 00 16 27}
0x187DB 		Ref: Advanced, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1D 00 02 00 26 00 00 00 FF FF 00 17 27}
0x187EA 		Ref: Chipset, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1E 00 02 00 27 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1A 27}
0x187F9 		Ref: Security, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 2D 00 02 00 28 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1B 27}
0x18808 		Ref: Boot, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 1F 00 02 00 29 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1C 27}
0x18817 		Ref: Save & Exit, Variable: 0xFFFF {0F 0F 40 00 02 00 2A 00 00 00 FF FF 00 1E 27}
0x18826 	End Form {29 02}

Your Root Port 3 Hot Plug part:

0x2402C 			Setting: Hot Plug, Variable: 0x358 {05 91 78 07 79 07 C8 03 01 00 58 03 10 10 00 01 00}

I'm still unable to find the variable making the chipset availaible to user (asus bios was just an array of boolean), its appears that to show chipset menu we have to manually edit every "Suppress If" value and that is beyond me (for now). Basically if any one have a better understanding of how the module in hex (not me sr) could hard set the optimal value of the Hot Plug variable then repack it with UEFITool, its should work. I spent way too many time on this instead of my upcoming exam so I cannot dig any further, but if someone know how to change these hex value correctly please guide us.

Yeap, exactly what im trying to figure out as well. Usually its easy to figure out the pattern and then edit ti accordingly. But the latest DELL BIOS' seem to be a spawn of the devil. 

Im trying to expose the whole section for now, so that it can be toggled. 

Weird part is that in AMIBCP, Port 1 and 5 can be toggled, but the moment you toggle anything else, it throws an error. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,
I have read up and understand that also I need to enable hotplug. I'm running a gtx 1070 via beast v8 adapter and can only run the card on Nvidia 372,70 drivers, otherwise i getting code 43. Games like Battlefield 1 don't support older drivers. Know anything about how to work around this, Is this solution you talking about late thred working?

Laptop ASUS R514JR - S4042H

Thanks,
DodsRyckarn

13 minutes ago, DodsRyckarn said:

Hi,
I have read up and understand that also I need to enable hotplug. I'm running a gtx 1070 via beast v8 adapter and can only run the card on Nvidia 372,70 drivers, otherwise i getting code 43. Games like Battlefield 1 don't support older drivers. Know anything about how to work around this, Is this solution you talking about late thred working?

Laptop ASUS R514JR - S4042H

Thanks,
DodsRyckarn

Driver check bypass is what you need: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/962633/pc-games/bypassing-the-driver-version-check-of-a-game-/post/4967359/#4967359

Cheers!

@xzknightzx I think I got a working solution however I'm unable to test it and make sure so please do everything below as your own risk:

First let take a look at the IFR of the Hot Plug option of the Root Port 3:

What we got from this is the state of the option is store in a variable - 0x358 - so all we need to do, is change it state from Disable (0x0) to Enable (0x1), so here is how to do so:

1. Making a bootable usb stick to access the EFI Shell (basically just find a shellx64.efi file and put in it a correctly formated usb - there are various guide of this on the internet - choose what work for you)

2. Boot to the EFI Shell using said usb stick

3. Carefully input the below command (case sensitive and must be enter correctly):

setup_var 0x358 0x1

4. If it has no errors, reboot and check with HWiNFO again.

Good luck if you decided to take the risk XD

Sources of information:

Edited by egpulover
  • Thumbs Up 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.