Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Sign in to follow this  
HANS VOLKBERG

modded drivers 375.76

Hey people i have some nvdia driver problems with my alienware m17r4 gtx 870m !So can you tell me how could i run 375.76!When i try installing it doesnt recognise my gpu! I have disabled my DSE!I cant install any new drivers pls help!!At the moment im with 344.75

Edited by HANS VOLKBERG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By newbinkin77
      Hi guys. 

As with the title, is there any way to get a m17x r3 to use UEFI or is this just a pipe dream? I read over the internet that this requires Dell company itself to refactor the BIOS and release it to the public. Well if that's the case many believe it would be easier to land a man on Mars then to get Dell's help on this issue. Does the hardware itself plays a roll in updating to UEFI ? Well if the motherboard itself doesn't support UEFI and its more of a hardware limitation rather than a software, please let me know and I'll let this dream go, once and for all. Well if not, does anyone else knows of any other way to get a m17x r3 to UEFI-capable ? Imagine fast-booting into win10 and more importantly, a chance to get a 980M working in a m17x r3. (from my understanding 880M is as far as the m17x r3 can go as the 980M requires UEFI-capabilities)

I know my laptop is approaching 7 years old and by now most m17xr3 are phrased out but i still believe there are some owners out there still kicking about with their madly modded-out r3s (like me).

Thanks for the read
    • By RandyTucker
      Having pondered over a eGPU build I instead decided to put my GPU inside my 15.6 laptop by extending the laptop base. I have a Dell optiplex 390 where my GTX 750ti LP once lived but as I now spend more time with my laptop on the sofa the Dell optiplex is now a donor for my gaming laptop build. I'm using the Dell motherboard for this build. It has a i5-2400 CPU - 8GB DDR3 RAM - MSI GTX 750ti LP GPU. The Dell PSU is too big for this build so I will be using a Seasonic SS-250SU 250W PSU. The laptop used for this build is a Fujitsu LifeBook AH530 that has a 1366x768 LED screen, this screen will be replaced with a higher resolution 1600x900 screen. The extended base of the laptop is now 6.5 cm.

Parts needed to complete the build:
      Seasonic SS-250SU 250W PSU
      PCI Express 16x Flexible Extension cable
      LP156WD1 (TL)(B1) 15.6" LED 1600x900 screen
      LCD Controller Board
      Ultra slim keyboard with touchpad

Work so far in pictures:

Continue reading the full thread here: 

• By moxy010
      setup i have:asus x54c,Nvida geforce gtx660,psu corsair cx600, dock i use: exp gdc v8.4d  note:(originally the notebook had intel celeron b815 processor, i replaced it with pentium b970,and added 2gb of ram other than that no other hardware changes were made) first time i connected it all and powered on,gpu fans started spinnig very fast and screen was on but all black and nothing happened so i tried the delay switch but with the same result, then i connected external monitor to the gpu, finally i was able to see manufacturer logo,but then it hanged on windows loading screen(back then i had windows 7 so you could clearly see the windows logo animation stopped) so i tried to hotplug the egpu by booting with original wifi card in (mpcie) sleeping then plugging the egpu in and resuming,but always i did so i was greeted with instant crash  so i went searching  for answers on the internet and i learned that i should isolate pin 22 so i did, finally i was able to boot into windows (with delay set on maximum) but the card wasnt detected, i purchased setup 1.35,installed windows 10 bios (i had windows 7 uefi)  but i couldn´t get it recognized even in there.  im sure all the componnents are fine, i got it sucesfully runing on my older laptop (lenovo u350) thanks for all the help in advance 
    • By damobm
      Hi all. Total noob here. I just traded for a M18xR2 alienware laptop and I tried to boot a bios following
      a guide from http://techinferno.com/haven/threads/4/

I beleive i used the G74VW GTX660M bios Version 1 not knowing if it was the exact match I needed and said
      yes like a jackwagon through all of the warnings. My system rebooted to what I believe was a secondary
      GPU intel something or another which was not half as fast as the GeForce GTX 660M.

So a bit frusterated I did a little digging and found a guide to do a blind flash at
      htt://www.techinferno.com/  under the thread how to recover from a bad flash Alienware M18XR2. 
      I went to Dells website and downloaded the original A03 bios M18R2A03WIN.exe and added the file to 7zip
      and found the file called QBR10EC.fd and renamed it o M18R2.hdr then placed the file on a 2.0 usb stick
      formatted fat32 (did not check the DOS box while formatting). I took out the battery put usb into esata
      port pressed end then plugged in power released end then she started to beep like the guide said it
      would. I counted around 140 beeps then just a black screen and ever onece in a while the fans would rev
      up a bit. I let it go all night like that and was still like that in the morning. Now I try to press the
      power button and nothing happens... So I am stumped and would love 
      some advice please before adding another brick in the wall !

• By barry12
      I have a problem with my egpu. When I am playing a game during 40 minutes i get a black screen during 1 or 2 seconds and after that I see my desktop and the game that I was playing has been closed.
      laptop details:

i5 3230M 2,6 Ghz
      gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb
      exp gdc 8.4d
      4gb ram

My power suply is Enermax NAXN 500 W, ATX, 220 V.