P170SM Backlit keyboard won't light since prema upgrade

clark97

Upgraded my P170SM to prema mod v2 bios and ever since then my backlight hasn't worked. What am I doing wrong is there a setting in the bios or what else have I missed.

Also I've upgraded from win 7 to win 10 since then so that may not help although I have latest software and drivers. Is it safe to flash back to a stock clevo bios and then back to prema etc ?

Does the keyboard flash for a small amount of time after you pressed the power button (cold boot)?

On my ASUS g75VW the keyboard backlight flash for a small amount of time during cold bootups.

I would not suggest that you flash too often the bios, you may brick your box. Especially with different kind of bios. 

I have read for my ASUS g75VW box, that the keyboard backlight is very often gone with bios flashes.

• 1 month later...

Did you sort it out? I have same problem with my Clevo P170sm-a, after bios update backlit gone... I tried to install new hotkey app but it doesn't work. Also I have windows 10 and to the end of installation it's error - says that is only for windows 7 or later.

I don't remember what a bios version was before, probably previous user don't updated bios. But I tried to downgrade but still backlit won't work :-(

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Did you sort it out? I have same problem with my Clevo P170sm-a, after bios update backlit gone... I tried to install new hotkey app but it doesn't work. Also I have windows 10 and to the end of installation it's error - says that is only for windows 7 or later.

I don't remember what a bios version was before, probably previous user don't updated bios. But I tried to downgrade but still backlit won't work :-(

Ok never mind. Seller told me that was p170sm-a and for this version I downloaded bios. But mine model is p170sm and now works fine.

On 18.11.2016 at 4:23 PM, clark97 said:

Upgraded my P170SM to prema mod v2 bios and ever since then my backlight hasn't worked. What am I doing wrong is there a setting in the bios or what else have I missed.

Also I've upgraded from win 7 to win 10 since then so that may not help although I have latest software and drivers. Is it safe to flash back to a stock clevo bios and then back to prema etc ?

I had been useing v2 on p150sm-a for a long time and didnt have issue with backlight. Maybe it is realted to windows 10 ?