P170SM 980m modified inf

clark97

I have a P170Sm prema V2 mod and a gtx980m with GTXX980M_MXM_OC_PM_v2 and have to mod my .inf files to get the drivers to install. I've heard that I possibly shouldn't have to on a thread on this page. Am I doing something wrong or do I need something else??

Any help greatly appreciated.

I also have a p170sm with premamod v2 and the GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2 vBios. I also needed to modify the inf file for the driver installation. My biggest issue right now is, that optimus is not working...Every game and application is using the HD4600. Tried to uninstall those Drivers and reinstall it. Same issue. 

Has anybody got an idea how to get optimus to work ?

Edited by lazadohunor

When you modify the .inf you add a line which tells it which section to use this file is for 375.63 and goes in NVidia > displaydriver > 375.63 > International > display.driver  overwrite the current file then go up a directory to international and run setup (with driver signing turned off)

nvcvi.rar

a have a new account, so i think i am not able to download this file. 

Basically you and me should have the same hw id. So all you did was to add 

%NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.7104.1558% = Section0XX, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_71041558

to [NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0] , and after that under [Strings] you put NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.7104.1558 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M" . 

Or am i missing something ?

Trial and error but when you find one that works it will be the same as another id. use the same section as that id every time mine is : %NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.7104.1558% = Section064, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_71041558 same as %NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.5281.1558% = Section064, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_52811558 so if I use the same section as 5281.1558  in every driver it will work.