GT780DXR UK version Backlight not working

Hi,

So basically what happened was that I wanted to get a back light keyboard for my MSI GT780DXR (i7-2670qm, 7970M, 16GB ram) laptop, I knew that the UK version didn't have it so I bought it. Anyway, I have connected everything, the keyboard seems to work fine but the LED's do not light up, have I done something wrong. Does the EC controller need flashing so the back light works, if so how would I go about doing that because when I try flashing it through DOS it give me a filename mismatch error (I know this means that I cant flash different EC software on the chip). I just want to know is there a way to force the back light to work, this is quite frustrating and I know it is possible to make it work so don't tell me it won't.

I have not seen other people do it to the non backlight version of the laptop, even though the flex wasn't there on the original non backlight keyboard the connector was.

I ended up breaking the ribbon cable accidentally so I soldered each and every led to wires which connect to an ic next to the touch buttons. This means that if I touch the backlight option (the sun symbol) the keyboard lights up. You can solder the led's to a usb connector but will need a CAPACITOR for it otherwise it would fuse the LED's.

Luckly I had the facility to do this because I work in an advanced board repair phone shop. I WILL be posting images to help other people do this aswell so they don't waste there money on a backlight keyboard which is useless.

Thanks for replying Senso I appreciate that but now I have solved the issue without having to tamper with the EC controller.

Let me know if you have the same issue, there are ways around it and the colour changes too ;)