Asus ROG GL502VT -gtx 970m BIOS

theredbaron91

Sorry to bother you. I am trying to unlock the bios of my laptop to verclock the gpu to get better performance in Battlefield 1, and I cant seem to get the bios backup to work

I see there are some other threads about this, and they seem dead. I have just done a clean install of windows and have basically no software on my laptop.

How do I go about and unlock the GPU power to get them sweet fps boost?

Thanks. Y'all are awesome.

Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF
Command id:000A Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_PREP failed
Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE  Error Code: 00000001
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT
Identifying EEPROM...
 Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF
Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed
Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE  Error Code: 00000001
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT

ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

I get that exact same error code every time

what am I doing wrong here?

• Bios Modder

Hi!

Try download the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller), run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers. Then try get your backup of vbios again.

I checked and the bios is identical to the other guy's rom. Could you please help me out with actual rom file? I am so sorry if I am imposing, I just would really appreciate and be greatefull for the aid of an experienced BIOS Tweaker. I dont want to destroy anything. Will the unlock also unlock cpu OC? or only gpu? is there any advice in general you could give me about this particular model based on my BIOS? Thank you so much

Pardon my continuous ignorance, for I am only a tier 1 technician.

with the modified ROM I just have to open command propt (admin rights) go to nvflash, and just type in nvflash64 "insert rom name with .extension here" 

Right? 

Dear Klem, I owe you one. you ever need a spanish interpretation assignment you let me know ok? free of charge, Ill translate and interpret whatever you need to a native speaker's interpretation. 

:)

I have tried to make my own ROM, and to no avail. I keep getting bums. I run the flash batch extension and there is a lack of certificate (even with the certificate bypass nvflash) and that ONLY happens after I modify the BIOS with maxwell BIOS tweaker, it RE-INSTALLS the untouched rom just fine.

BTW, where can I donate to you Mr. Klem? I really appreciate your help with the modified ROM and would like to actually show it!

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, theredbaron91 said:

I have tried to make my own ROM, and to no avail. I keep getting bums. I run the flash batch extension and there is a lack of certificate (even with the certificate bypass nvflash) and that ONLY happens after I modify the BIOS with maxwell BIOS tweaker, it RE-INSTALLS the untouched rom just fine.

BTW, where can I donate to you Mr. Klem? I really appreciate your help with the modified ROM and would like to actually show it!

Check your PM.