OFFICIAL: Alienware M11x-R1 Owners Lounge

Brian

• 2 months later...

I just bought one off ebay oles! Impulse buy lol.

M11x R1 INBOUND!!!

Cheers. :)

Alienware M17x R1, Nebula Red Base, Intel Quad Core Q9000, 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ram, GTX 260m SLi

:) Alienware M17x R2, Nebula Red Base, Intel Core i7 840QM, 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ram, Crossfire Dual 5870s :)

:D Alienware M17x R2, Nebula Red Base, Intel Core i7 920XM, 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ram, Crossfire Dual 5870s :D

M11x R1 Inbound! - for testing purposes!

M18x = WANTED! :P;)

Rage3D

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone one know where I can buy a M11x R1 battery?

I have seen some on ebay however they are like $250 wing wangs. Pretty expensive. Unless thats the proper price they are going for atm.

TIA!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m11x/582177-m11x-r1-deal-498-additional-10-off-uk-only.html#post7545016

Grats on the incoming M11x R1 kinda cool you pick done up!

Thanks.

Yeah I have always wanted a more portable notebook and one with like 5hrs or more battery life. I will be doing more traveling for work soon so it should be good.

The current inbound M11x has a battery however I'm not too sure how much wear it has been put through so far; so I was just trying to find a new battery just in case.

It should be all good though.

Cheers! :)

Nice job, but you made me go look on ebay!

Some of them are really cheap....

Thanks, yeah I know their pretty darn cheap on da ebays. I picked this one up for $483 wing wangs.

Who knows maybe if I really like it I might shell out for a M11x R3

I would have bought a new one though if they had changed the design to a totally new alien oles!

I still might though. We shall see.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150601112758&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Edited by chiefule

So why do u have two M17x-R2s ? :)

Hey there buddy,

I lucked out and got the 2nd one super cheap. Another impulse buy you could say lol!

I've been tempted to sell one of them though. I really don't have any use for 2 R2s anymore. I wish I could combine the 2 R2s and out comes an M18x LOL!!! :):)eheheh

I really wanted to get a M14x. I was going to get one until I saw the price of $2199. WOWsers! + the size and battery life probably wouldn't have been as great as I would have liked.

I really want to get my inbound M11x and do some testing. It should arrive before I have to leave on a work trip. So that should be good.

The 1st M11x test is a trip on a plane oles!

The M11x R1 is still a great machine and it still can be pushed to it's limit and damn cheap, just put an ssd in there and your good to go with it! Wish i had two R2's, i would have a lot of usage for them both one on the go and the other for home lolz. Michael when is your M18X coming? Keep the R3 dude.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice!

Hope it's everything you're hoping for ;)

Thanks Michael, I hope so too and am quite confident that it should be pretty darn great. I have been asking random people around and they have all said pretty much the same thing. Its a great portable system with 6 - 7hrs of battery life. Pretty much what I wanted to hear for a M11x notebook.

The M11x R1 is still a great machine and it still can be pushed to it's limit and damn cheap' date=' just put an ssd in there and your good to go with it! Wish i had two R2's, i would have a lot of usage for them both one on the go and the other for home lolz. Michael when is your M18X coming? Keep the R3 dude.[/quote']

Hey there freedomofthedarkendheart,

I'll see how I go. A bit lazy atm lol and very busy at work. However I do intend on getting an SSD soon or one day soon. I would say it would be perfect for a portable machine like the M11x. As well as adding a little bit more battery life + with all the disco moves I will be doing whilst carrying the M11x under one arm it should hold it in good stead. No moving parts FTW!!! :Banane14::Banane46::Banane03::smilingface (52)::Banane24::Banane56:

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, the battery - and most of the aftermarket replacement parts for M11x are ultra-expensive. I ended up extending the warranty for $200 on my ex-one. I have to call one of these days for a replacement laptop... (this is the fourth time something broke and I think the motherboard crapped out this time)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Awesomeness!!

So did you buy a SSD for the M11x R1? I have a 60 gig OCZ SSD with it, i really gotta update the trim lol. I overclocked the cpu with setfsb to 1.13ghz and that's really about it for overlocking like that unless you pin mod it and for that i rather have two m11x for that lol. The R1 is still a champ but man it can barely handle BF3, you have to keep lowering the settings but like always the bottleneck is the cpu, that game was hitting it pretty hard. Did you try out the optimus beta drivers for the R1?

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, I'm a new user here. I owned an R1 up until a couple nights ago- dead motherboard. :( I'm probably going to try and fix it, but in the meantime I've gone and ordered an m14x R2. That should make a nice upgrade. The R1's board was an SU4100 type. I usually lurk on notebookreview.com, but one of the cool people referred me here.

Typing this from an obsolete XP tower at the moment, on a VGA 19" LCD monitor, hooked up to a Voodoo 2/GeForce 5200 XT. Time for some Quake!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Hey guys, I'm a new user here. I owned an R1 up until a couple nights ago- dead motherboard. :( I'm probably going to try and fix it, but in the meantime I've gone and ordered an m14x R2. That should make a nice upgrade. The R1's board was an SU4100 type. I usually lurk on notebookreview.com, but one of the cool people referred me here.

Typing this from an obsolete XP tower at the moment, on a VGA 19" LCD monitor, hooked up to a Voodoo 2/GeForce 5200 XT. Time for some Quake!

Sorry bout the dead AW but congrats on the M14x.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hard drive from the m11x also died, Samsung Spinpoint HM640JJ giving me the beeps of death nooooo...all my pictures of my newborn son are on there! And- my Skyrim saves. :P (I'm more worried about my kid's photos.) I'm gonna try a logic board swap on that. Right now my main priority is rebuilding the m11x.