• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Shiroe

m18x r2 how turn on laptop

1 post in this topic

Hello all.

First sorry for my english and my words (i don't know same words)

I have problem with my Alienware m18x r2. I cant turn him on with POWER button. I check with "ENDE" and it turn on. That means mobo is working.

Now I don't know what can be broke. I think about 4 options:

1. Button on that motherboard

2. motherboard when is that button

3. cable from motherboard to nest/impute/connector/join on main motherboard

4. nest/impute/connector/join on that main motherboard

Now my question is that someone know how to make short circuit/close pin on that nest. That why i will know what is broken step by step. It have 6 pins in that nest and I don't know which is for what.

I don't want to burn that nest/impute/connector/join

Thank you all for you help and answer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nagelzz
      Hi guys

I've had great luck with some help from your clever minds in the past, and i hope someone here has a good idea for this issue aswell. If not, thanks for stopping by
      I work at a PC Repair shop, and I'm helping yet another customer with a GFX upgrade, but I'm encountering some issues.
      While we are waiting for the GTX 980 in the mail, that we want to install, I am installing a GTX 770M in the customers PC while waiting for the other one. 
      Here's where I'm stumped.

So. GTX 770M is a native card in these models and it installs driver fine and runs well. However, when the computer gets on standby or goes to low power mode (with the screen off), it crashes without BSOD, just shuts off.
      I can see in the event viewer that the computer has crashed with a Code 41 - Kernel Power Error.
      I did get a BSOD once, and debugging it in Windbg pointed to iaStorAV.sys (the Intel Rapid Storage drivers). 
      I've tried several versions of IRST, installing in AHCI mode, removing the SSD mSATA cache drive and so many other things. 
         I dont know what to go for now. Should i try a VBIOS update on the card? It works flawlessly when stresstesting and harddrives have no errors either.

I really hope someone have a great idea or if i should just declare the SATA controller on the motherboard defective?
      It must be some low-power S3 standby or whatever thats causing it. (I'm not a total genius as you can read, but i have picked up a lot of things in my time :D)

Thanks once again
      *Forgot to add, the previously assembled GFX was a GTX 780M, that completely burned out

Regards
      Marc 
    • By aaronloveweed
      Hi All! First thread poste here!

Very happy with my beast ..again!

m18x R2 on modded bios (SG mode needed, optimus mode igfx+dGpu)

So my msi 1060 from alezka.com (Woodzstack thank you) was arrived yesterday, fast, very well packaged , and with a bit of icdiamond7.

Removed (not very well..buyed and used a dremel for first time) the tiny metal square on heatsink , that touch ram on 1060.

put thermal pads everywhere to match heatsink space.

Absolutely do not tight or strengt too much the gpu because has on his backside a big squared capacitator that push on motherboard

Here 3dmark11 to start benching
      msi1060 (stock clocks) + 3920xm(4.2Ghz) on m18xR2 .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12179815

Score 13581
      GraphicScore 14934
      Physics 10877
      CombinedScore 10396

Max GPU temp 71° (at 24° t.amb).

And Here 3dMark

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19968894

Score 9849
      GraphicScore 11547
      Physics 11182
      CombinedScore 4318

Max GPU temp 71° (at 24° t.amb).

Superposition benchmark
      GPU max temp 72°

Now I'm start to look if performance is aligned with other 1060's powered laptops.

All suggestion are very welcome!

Bye All!
    • By Masterchief88
      Hi @ all, i whant to use an EXP graphic adapter with an GTX 1050Ti with ExpressCard on my M18X R1.
      I startet with the Adapter and i can install the NVIDIA driver. The GTX was normal detectet. But i have 2 exclamation mark one by the Card and the second by the PCIe adapter (after installing the driver).
      I have a GTX 780m with modded driver so i cant switch to onboard graphic (with my older 6990m i can do this).
      Error Code 29 (GTX) and Error Code 43 (PCIe).
      I want to use the GTX with the Alienware Monitor but i also testet it on an extern Monitor.
      So have anybody an idea what i can do?

I'm using the Beast Version 8.4d!
    • By Vic-20
      Hello recently I have attempted to boot my PC from USB device during this time I have gone to F12 boot options and attempted to do this at one stage I have selected a option to boot from legacy then the system rebooted.
      But now it seems I am stuck it keeps showing a new boot bios page when the system boots from premamod and then goes black screen and beeps 8 times over and over. I have attempted a bios reset I have removed the watch battery and main battery and held down power for 60secs but I still cannot get back to my normal bios in any way.
      Please, how can I get rid of this and go back to normal boot?
      Here's a pic of the boot screen.
      https://imgur.com/a/sptWN
    • By biboa
      Hi,
      i was preparing for a gpu replacement, so i decided to flash my alienware m17xr3 A12 bios into an unlocked version.
      I removed the gpu, put "PAR00X64.fd" in the root of a FAT32 usb.
      i unplugged the power cord, inseted the usb drive in the esata port, and held the end button before replugging the cord.
      the fans kicked in, and i heard 30 beeps, then it restarted.
      after that, it wouldn't stop resatarting. it kept rebooting even when i held the end key for more than 20 mins.
      i'm really confused right now as of what to do to fix this issue.
      i would really apreciate any help you have to offer me.