Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Shiroe

m18x r2 how turn on laptop

Shiroe    2

Hello all.

First sorry for my english and my words (i don't know same words)

I have problem with my Alienware m18x r2. I cant turn him on with POWER button. I check with "ENDE" and it turn on. That means mobo is working.

Now I don't know what can be broke. I think about 4 options:

1. Button on that motherboard

2. motherboard when is that button

3. cable from motherboard to nest/impute/connector/join on main motherboard

4. nest/impute/connector/join on that main motherboard

Now my question is that someone know how to make short circuit/close pin on that nest. That why i will know what is broken step by step. It have 6 pins in that nest and I don't know which is for what.

I don't want to burn that nest/impute/connector/join

Thank you all for you help and answer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SenikTheFasthog
      Using Win 7 Ultimate and the stock A11 BIOS. No matter how many times I reinstall the driver with admin privileges, I can seem to get the media keys working. I've used the Windows 7 64bit drivers and the 8.1 drivers, nuttin do it.

'Fraid I don't have many leads to follow on my own just yet. So here I am.
    • By zaxx7
      This is my first post and I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer. 

I've been using my AW M18x r1 since I bought it new. 

Basics:
      I7 2760qm sandybridge
      Bios A5
      16 gb ram
      Radeon 6990m 2gb 

I used to run 2 6990m's, but the primary died 3 yrs ago and I replaced it with the secondary card. Been working great until this week. 

I'm using hwinfo64 for fan monitoring. 

I started having lock-ups to black screen, grey screen or black with white vertical lines. I noticed my shader temp on my GPU was running out of control whenever I start  game or even run a video. The other temps seem to be in the normal range. The shader will jump from 39 C to 70 C almost immediately and then upwards from there. Over 100 C when I 1st caught it. I assume it's thermal shutdown. 

I'm using the legacy driver for my card 15.7.1. 

I'm willing to buy a new card, I'm looking at a 780m, but I want to figure out if it's just an issue with the card. 

Any suggestions on testing for other issues? Why would it be the shader only, or is that just an issue with Hwinfo64? 

Thanks in advance. 

• By endray
      Hey guys,
      I recently upgraded my M15x with a i7 920XM and a GTX 780M.
      Flashed the modified vbios, got a 330W brick, pulled the pin, installed newest drivers and did some gaming.
      Everything worked pretty well, only sometimes the 780M reached 93C and clocked down, but still ran stable, never crashed.
      Therefore I decided to get a finer TIM and repaste. Bought the Noctua NT-H1, carefully repasted and voila, temps dropped around 15C.
      But here comes the catch: when trying Furmark or some very intensive game, the GPU reaches 88C and screen immediately turns a random color. No downclocking, no limiting, just a sudden crash. Only thing I can do is a hard reset. This doesnt happen on any other occasion, can game on 80C for an hour.

Do you guys have any sort of idea why the laptop crashes at 88C, while before it worked at 90+ without a problem?

Things I tried:
      Used DDU and reinstalled the drivers, also tried older version.
      CMOS reset.
      Cleaned everything, no dust left anywhere.
      Carefully checked the GPU for any visible damage or old TIM residue.
      Tried undervolting and underclocking, only took longer to get to 88C and still crashed.
      For the sake of it I actually strapped a Corsair H45 AIO to the GPU heatsink. Now i get to max 55C with furmark, but the laptop still cashes after around 2 minutes.

I would be happy for any suggestion, thanks!
    • By 71hourahmed
      I'm looking at finally upgrading my m17x from its old 7970m to a 980m, but the person I contacted to buy the card from warned me that the 980m requires a 200W power supply, and win10 (I'm still on 7, but I can upgrade easily enough, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

I have read that the 7970m only required 100W, so I have no idea if my laptop would even be able to power the 980m or whether this would just be a waste of several hundred pounds. Can anyone clarify?

Also, I have read on here that installing a new card in an m17x require you to manually update the video drivers, but I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure what that means, exactly - would I need to rely on kindly users on here to keep uploading new modded versions of the video drivers in perpetuity, or is it just that I need to somehow tweak the installation on new drivers in future?
    • By SenikTheFasthog

Good day,

I am the owner of a used m18x r2 struggling to build it back up into a functional machine. The previous user had his system installed in RAID mode which won't suffice for my desired SSD boot speeds. I've ensured that both AHCI and UEFI are active in the A11 BIOS. I have also ensured to clean the main drive via diskpart CMD upon custom installing my copy of Win 7 Ultimate. Oddly enough, when the setup completes, I'll get an error message stating windows can't finish configuring and needs to restart. Heeding this message will only cause it to happen again on the next reboot, so CMD to the rescue and creating and off to making user account I go. Unfortunately, boot speeds are as slow as ever and I've verified that no RAID controllers have been left installed in the device manager. So far, my only potential lead is that I've noticed during each boot, Windows mentions that "Setup Is Updating Registry Settings" after about of minute of Starting Windows. I've been researching this exact string but I can't say I've found a concrete solution to attempt just yet.

So here I am, requesting for advice as to what I should check next.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've tried out a new install accessing the CD through legacy but still keeping the SDD Boot drive on UEFI mode. So far haven't had to mess with CMD anymore to proceed nor has the Setup needed to Update Registry Settings. I also remembered to install the intel rapid storage driver.  Alas, I'm still left with 2 minute boot times(particularly on the Starting Windows screen), so the problem still remains.

EDIT2: Diagnosing with a Boot Manager, I discovered it takes about a minute before svchost even starts running. So with that, I ruled out it wasn't a software problem. I then decided on the possibility that maybe the other drives could be interfering with booting. Pulling out the other HDDs had no effect, but the actual culprit was the mSATA SSD that was left in from the last user. Now I can enter windows in 3 seconds!

Even fishier, this mSATA drive says its 32 GB but Speccy says its a 1GB drive. But that's a problem for another time, at last my 850 EVO is showing off its expecting speeds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.