SLI GTX 880M ORIGINPC EON 17SLX Thunderbolt port problems with DELL S2716DG and ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get into using Nvidia 3 vision but I've been unable to get a monitor that can do 120Hz or better to work with my  2014 EON 17SLX laptop with SLI GTX 880M video cards and its Thunderbolt port.

I've tried connection 4 different gaming monitors on it (3x Dell S2716DG and 1 ASUS P279Q) and all of there mostly freezes up my laptop and give the "No signal detected from DisplayPort" error when I connect them to my laptop's Thunderbolt Port.   During the few times that laptop doesn't freeze and is able to see detect the connected monitor, the monitor itself will still show the save no signal error regardless of which frequency or resolution that I set the monitor to from the nVidia control panel.   The monitors do work if I connect them via a HDMI cable but that only gets me 60Hz frequency which doesn't work for 3d nVidia vision.   I've tested my thunderbolt port/mDP to DisplayPort cable with another 60 Hz Dell u2412m and it works without a hitch.  I've tested the same cable and Dell S2716DG on a friend's MacBook Pro and it's able to see the monitor and the monitor was able to use the 120Hz frequency at 2560x1440 resolution.  So, the cables does work and so does the monitor but just NOT for my Laptop.

I've tried downgrading my video drivers to their original and to the latest drivers but none of it had any affect on the problem.  I've tried disabling G-SYNC from the nVidia Control Panel.  I tried disabling the SLI.  I've also tried setting my main display to a secondary display before connecting the 120Hz + monitors to the laptop.  But nothing worked.  I've talked with Dell, NVida, and OriginPC but didn't get any resolution.

Has anyone gotten their 880M video card to work with the Dell S2716DG, ASUS P279Q, or any 120Hz+ monitor?  I'm curious if this problem is unique to me only or I'm doing something wrong with my settings.