gtx1060 egpu on win10

SnJAe

Hi, I just installed my egpu with akitio thunder2 pcie box, Dell DA-2, and gtx1060

but I have problem with getting it work on win10.

I followed

1. Install Windows with Bootcamp.
  2. If you want to install Windows in a secondary drive you have to create a Windows partition with Bootcamp, install Windows and then clone it to the secondary drive with an specific software. In my case I used Wineclone. If not, install Windows with Bootcamp as usual.
  3. Install the Bootcamp drivers without the ATI drivers.
  4. Connect the Thunderbolt cable into the Macbook Pro.
  5. Turn on the eGPU.
  6. Turn on the Macbook Pro.
  7. Push ALT button and boot in Windows.
  8. Install the last Nvidia drivers.
  9. Restart, choose Windows again and you have the eGPU working on Windows.

These steps from 

but, I got black screen and infinite spinning wheel when restarted after installing Nvidia Driver.

After rebooting 10 or more times, I finally got it to work, but when I disconnect thunderbolt cable and reconnect it, 

its blackscreen and infinite spinning whell all over again. I could get it to work if I reboot for 20minutes or so.....

everyone else seems to have it work flawlessly after the first recognition, but I am constantly getting these problems... 

what might be the problem? I use 372.70 nvidia driver, and OSX El Capitan untouched.

Could it possibly be Dell DA-2 that is causing these problems? 

On 2016. 11. 8. at 8:11 PM, akitio2983 said:

Is your macbook pro 2015 13"?

2015 13" MBPr has trouble in making EGPU setup.

But some works well.

Yes, Mine is 2015 13'' MBPr. This thing really stresses me. I've tried every method I can, but still can't have it boot up. I've even installed windows8.1 on external ssd, but it never works.

I have it worked about 5times past 2 weeks, probably boot up rate less than 5%.