Clevo P370em Windows 10 Bluetooth driver RLT8723 errors

This pertains to the buggy dysfunctional Bluetooth driver for Realtek RTL8723 (Hardware ID: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8723&REV_0200)

If anyone else has been having a problem with getting a proper functioning Bluetooth driver to work with the P370em in Windows 10...

I have found a really nice and stable driver that adds WAAAY more features!

Here's how to do it...

Step 1.) Download and install the driver package "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba (v9.10.34(T)" Note this adds full 4.0+HS and all other Bluetooth feature imaginable! It's really NICE! It doesn't crash, and it's completely compatible!

*There is one caveat... because you're not installing this on a Toshiba for which this was designed and licensed, it is only a 30 day trial driver, after which it will become dysfunctional... to fix this and have the driver in all it's glory forever...

Step 2.) Run regedit as administrator, and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, SOFTWARE, Toshiba, BluetoothStack, V1.0, Mng

Step 3.) In this folder create another DWORD value titled "TestVersion" and give it the hexadecimal value "1"

Step 4.) Save, exit, done, enjoy the full (non-audit) driver software forever! :)

I hope this helps someone. Thanks Toshiba for making an incredible BT driver!

• 2 years later...

This is a really cool guide! Though i'm not sure where to source the bluetooth driver as i only see one from softpedia. Is that the correct one? Also curious if this would work with other models that have bad bluetooth drivers. Probably not but maybe?