Sign in to follow this  
brruno

GT72VR GTX 1060 unlock power limit

So, i have a GT72VR with a 1060 , and after some testing i saw that it is beeing underused.
Even using MSI Afterburner the core only reaches ~1800Mhz (in 100% usage , and 9000Mhz on the memories ). This happens because it reaches the Power limit ( 100% , and its blocked) ; is there a custom BIOS (or any other way) to unlock it ?
In terms of temperatures it has more than room for it, it only reaches ~75ºC at ~60% fan speed, and it has a 230W PSU (more than enough to push the 1060 further)

Thanks 

Edited by brruno

I cant send you PM's brruno.

When you can receive then I need to talk with you.

Edited by senso
Only in english

As far as I can tell there is no magic Pascal Bios Editor, and knowledge about Pascal VBIOS is not much, nor it is distributed information.

Comparing que VBIOS to a desktop one might not be the best thing to waste time given the differences between the systems.

No portuguese in here it seems, I understand, its an international forum and what not..

Currently modding my GTX 1060 MSI MXM card right now however it requires that you use a Hardware programmer and a SOIC 8 Test Clip with a 1.8v adaptor in order to flash it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By n0br4n
      Hello guys,
      I've a really weird problem. My laptop has started beeping when use nvidia gpu yesterday. I dissambled my laptop and tried to plug out every single hardware and test them one by one. There's 22 beeps and equal interval beetween them.  It goes shutdown after that 22 beeps.

My laptop is Clevo W650SJ and it uses Nvidia 840M gpu. That problem isn't causing because of windows or installed driver cos i tried to reinstall windows but it started to beeping when w10 installer check devices. Also I've bios password on startup , if i don't type password and hit the enter , it starts beeping after 10-15 sec. Also fan speed goes up to maximum and it doesn't slow down untill i shut it down or shutdown itself.

If i use any program or run a game which uses nvidia gpu , it starts beeping but if i close the game on first beeps , beeping is stops. But fan speed still maxiumum until i shutdown to pc.

I am looking a way to fix it. I didn't make any changes on my pc before than this problem.
    • By alwon
      I tried to extract the .bin from the .exe (on Dell's website) using PhoenixTool v.273, and in a way it worked... I want to change the TDP values on my 1060mq but when I tried to open the .bin in Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker, this is what happened. Can somebody help me? Here's the original .exe and the .bin. Thanks!

(note: I wasn't able to extract the bios using AFUWINGUI64 or any other similar tool as I think Dell has some type of guard or protection against that, suspecting that's also the cause of my current issues...)
    • By Psycha
      Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.

*update

I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.
    • By Revenknight
      Hello, I have a Medion Erazer x7841 gaming laptop. 
      I want to onstall a custom bios to pass the overclocking limit of 135Mhz.
      Does anyone can halp me with this?

Thanks alot for any help-

• By Webshooter38
      Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to replace the thermal paste in my Lenovo y510p. I've started overclocking a bit, and I have an external fan, but I would like to not have to run the fan as fast because it is a little loud. I have been reading a bit about different thermal pastes, and I'm wondering if there is even a big difference between stock thermal paste, and something like the liquid metal from thermal grizzly. It sounds like it'd work better, but I don't want to fall for a good marketing scheme. If anyone has experience with this and has or hasn't seen big differences, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      -Web

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.