M18x upgrade options - what to do......

MavUK666

Don't want to get my R1 go just yet and to be honest it still runs everything great, but you don't buy an Alienware and leave it alone lol

I've already got one of the HD's swapped out for a SSD for the OS and a few games I use a lot.

Also got 16Gb of Memory in.

it's currently running a single 560m, so wondering how much better it would be having another SLI'd, plus the processor is an i7 2670QM, no slow coach but I've heard that swapping it out for an XM will make a difference, but what's the fastest i7 these R1's can take?

• 2 months later...

The best answer is to transform R1 to R2, and install after that 3940xm. Graphic system is up to your budget, just remember that one gpu of higher generation is better generally than two sli/crossfire cards of previous generations.