Sign in to follow this  
Hornjack

Oculus Rift runnig with GTX 980M SLI

Question

Hi everyone,

today I had my first Oculus Rift experience and it was great, I´m using an Alienware M18x R2 with two GTX980M in SLI / i7-3940XM CPU and would like to know if someone is using VR with a similar configuration like mine. I know there´s a possibility to test it on Steam and I´m nearly on the green area there, so I think I´m ready but if someone is having real experiences and would like to share them I would be greatful. 

best regards and thank you : )

• Thumbs Up 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By smeetooie3
      Hi all,

I just installed a used 980m into my Alienware 17 R1, and I'm noticing benchmarks that are ~12% below what others are reporting online. I'm wondering if this is just meh hardware, if it's a vBIOS problem, or if it's a problem with my computer and not the card.

I noticed that the GPU is getting throttled under load... like, under any load. Here's the clock and temp during 3DMark Firestrike:

Here it is with the voltage as well:

The "perfcap" reason in GPU-Z is power.

Specs:

Alienware 17 R1
      i7 4900MQ
      4x4gb 1600Mhz
      Win10
      My card:

A pre-emptive thanks for any help.

• By 71hourahmed
      I'm looking at finally upgrading my m17x from its old 7970m to a 980m, but the person I contacted to buy the card from warned me that the 980m requires a 200W power supply, and win10 (I'm still on 7, but I can upgrade easily enough, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

I have read that the 7970m only required 100W, so I have no idea if my laptop would even be able to power the 980m or whether this would just be a waste of several hundred pounds. Can anyone clarify?

Also, I have read on here that installing a new card in an m17x require you to manually update the video drivers, but I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure what that means, exactly - would I need to rely on kindly users on here to keep uploading new modded versions of the video drivers in perpetuity, or is it just that I need to somehow tweak the installation on new drivers in future?
    • By mocji117
      Hi, I got a Sager NP8278 (Clevo P170SM) with a gtx970m 6GB. is there a way to have SLI or what are my upgrade options for the video card?
    • By 750dmg
      Hi guys,
      I succesfully flashed v2 vbios from prema and I tried 1v and and oc but I couldnt. I think it was power suply. Mine is 230w. And I tried 0.75 0.50 0.25 and 0 volt. But now I m trying game, benchmark screen goes dark and after beeping at 0 volt. Is this a hardware damage? I used just 1v max.(temperature max 70c)
      I tried
      cmos reset
      DDU
      Xtu uninstall
      And come back to stock vbios
      I think my card is dying
      Please help me!

• By Doki
      Clevo X7200 for sale! good condition.
      with Windows 7

config: price 590 USD
      CPU i7 960
      12GB RAM
      128GB SSD
      GTX 470M

Barebone (cpu only) 460 USD

without CPU 420USD

ask for details

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.