CLEVO P650RE Adding RAM => BLACK SCREEN

ecureuilx

Hi
I wanted to upgrade my config with 4*4gb ram sticks. I ordered 2 kit (2x4gb) of 8gb hyperx impact DDR4. The pc doesn't boot. Fans speen but the laptop don't even go to boot logo. I just got a black screen. So I investigate what was wrong. I tested all the sticks separately 1 by 1. All are working. I tested also diverse configurations : there is 2 slot below keyboard (RAM1 and RAM2) and 2 slot in the other side of the motherboard (RAM3 and RAM4). I found that if i plugged 2 stick in RAM1 and RAM2 the pc boot normally and same with 2 stick in RAM3 and RAM4. But I have a black screen if i plugg the 4 sticks at the same time.
I even reseted the bios by unplugging the bios batterry. Don't know what's wrong. Perhaps a newer bios should solve my problem?

Ram reference : HX421S13IBK2/8

• 2 weeks later...