eGPU External monitor NO SIGNAL

LightBaron

Hi,

I have got a problem with my diy eGPU.

I have an EXP GDC Beast V8.0 with an M-PCIE interface.

My laptop (Asus X54H) specs:

Intel Core i5-2520m

8GB Ram DDR3 1600mhz

AMD 6470m (7400m series)

HM65 Chipset

GPU Palit GTX 960 2GB

Windows 7 64 Bit

I made a DSDT override and to get my eGPU working i have to switch it with my Wi-Fi card in sleep mode.

Now I see my GTX960 working in device manager but i don't know how to use it because when i try to put a monitor in the DVI Port it says no signal and Nvidia Settings says that there isn't a monitor connected.

P.S.

1) If i power on my egpu before windows loading it freeze loading on the windows 7 logo.

2) I power my eGPU with a 500w ATX. All cables are connected (ATX cables, gpu 6 pin cable from exp gdc interface and hdmi-mpcie cable).

3) Already tried using EXP GDC switches but with no results.

4) I tried disabling my dGPU from device manager (i can't from bios) but if i do it i can't get to sleep mode!

5) In device manager there isn't my iGPU Intel HD 3000.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks!

Edited by LightBaron

I solved.

I was using a broken cable.

I've got another problem now.

If i power on my laptop with my egpu connected it hangs on Windows loading and then give me BSOD.

If i power on my eGPU after loading it freeze all and laptop fan spin fast.

If i power my egpu in sleep mode my laptop doesn't see it.

The only method i can use to get my eGPU work is to put Wi-Fi card, then put my laptop in sleep mode and then switch Wi-Fi card with eGPU powered on.

Is there a solution for this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.