GTX 880m acting weird

ALright i have a new and weird issue.

For some reason when my GTX 880m uses the turbo function it drops massively in FPS even tho the clock itself is completely stable. What is going on?

Edited by danishblunt

• 2 months later...

I can't really give you more information, just wanted to add that 880gtx is pretty rubbish.

I own one and it barely touches 60 fps in many low end games like LoL. I think its pretty gutted by Nvidia drivers although I never get over 57C while in game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it core or memory controller that throttles to 20-30%? cuz my gtx 850m memory controller throttles to that while gpu load and clock stuff stayed normal at boost clocks. It throttles at random temps, sometimes at the exact 57c, 60c, 63c which is rather low imo.
at some point i've able to bypass the weird "throttling" point by replugging the battery, it went 75c stable without any throttling. then after a reboot it went back again and i've never been able to bypass it anymore. been trying to bypass it again, probably because i've used some weird driver for another laptop which did bsod on my laptop or something before replugging the battery.
also been searching for the vbios with mmtool on the bios dump but i didn't seem find any :L

Edited by lybxlpsv

18 hours ago, Gounette said:

yours are fine, i wish mine is like that  :p, no weird throttling at low temps. just need to change the thermal paste and some cleaning probs.

• 2 months later...