Clevo P150EM & GTX680M

Silverboy

I was using GTX660M and somehow it burnt. I bought 680M ( Clevo model ). I have an issue about this card. Whenever i play a game after 5 mins ( about ) it returns to desktop and i cannot return the game. I have to stop the game. I tried to use DDU and reinstall driver again and again. I installed win10 again. Nothing has changed. 

I am getting "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer." message. After some research i downgraded the card's memory clock about 50-75 mhz.it worked. I can play games but it droped from 120 to 60 fps.  Is there any solution to this problem. I mean updating vbios (  vbios: 80.04.29.00.01  ) or Overclocking the other parts of the laptop. I have prema bios mod v2 2T version. 

Honestly I would flash svl7's overclocking vbios that also resolves throttle issues. You need to get promoted for that though, either through quality posts or becoming a premium member of this forum.

Honestly I would flash svl7's overclocking vbios that also resolves throttle issues. You need to get promoted for that though, either through quality posts or becoming a premium member of this forum.

I never figured out what the differences were between Prema's and svl7 vBioses. Do you mind to share?

If you fail the flash you brick the GPU and make it unusable until you blindflash it back. You have to know what you are doing, but that's why svl7 has written his guide on how to flash properly.

If you are living in 3rd part country like me. You cannot afford that much money to buy something that "may" solve the problem. It is too expensive for us. Thanks for helping btw. have a nice day

Edited by Silverboy

On 7/10/2016 at 11:42 AM, Silverboy said:

I was using GTX660M and somehow it burnt. I bought 680M ( Clevo model ). I have an issue about this card. Whenever i play a game after 5 mins ( about ) it returns to desktop and i cannot return the game. I have to stop the game. I tried to use DDU and reinstall driver again and again. I installed win10 again. Nothing has changed. 

I am getting "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer." message. After some research i downgraded the card's memory clock about 50-75 mhz.it worked. I can play games but it droped from 120 to 60 fps.  Is there any solution to this problem. I mean updating vbios (  vbios: 80.04.29.00.01  ) or Overclocking the other parts of the laptop. I have prema bios mod v2 2T version. 

This issue is very likely caused by your laptop having a weak PSU. What PSU do you have?

4 hours ago, Core or Feed said:

This issue is very likely caused by your laptop having a weak PSU. What PSU do you have?

If the PSU was too weak the PSU would be shutting down. A weak PSU does not cause any kind of calculation error.

Edited by Khenglish

On 13.10.2016 at 7:24 AM, Silverboy said:

If you are living in 3rd part country like me. You cannot afford that much money to buy something that "may" solve the problem. It is too expensive for us. Thanks for helping btw. have a nice day

I specifically said you have two options. 1. Get promoted through good (quality) posts (5 or 10 posts) or 2. buy membership. Just go for option 1 and post some meaningful replies to some threads.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip
  • Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1000v.zip
  • Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v.zip
  • Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip

There are more than one zip file which one ? 

I tried all the vbioses. Problem is the same. Whenever i downclock my card it is ok to play games. otherwise impossible to play a game like 15 mins. Is there any solution in your mind ? 

Did you check your temps while gaming? Just use HWinfo or MSI Afterburner. Could be that your graphic card runs too hot, though I would expect a BSOD in this case.

But it's worth trying nontheless.

17 hours ago, CaerCadarn said:

Did you check your temps while gaming? Just use HWinfo or MSI Afterburner. Could be that your graphic card runs too hot, though I would expect a BSOD in this case.

But it's worth trying nontheless.

I am using Speccy for temps. It always like 50-55 C. I have good zalman cooler and pc have 2 fans. I change thermal paste every 6 months since i bought this pc. My old card burnt because one of the fans broke. I change it also and the graphic card. I could not find any solution before come here. It still same

On 7.10.2016 at 11:42 AM, Silverboy said:

this sounds like a software problem. it may sounds stupid, but if you still facing this problem, try Windows 7 instead of Win 10.