Dilemma with MSI GT780DXR GPU

jacquesjones

Hi everyone, 

I'm in quite the pickle at the moment. My GPU nvidia GTX 570m has finally given up after 4 long years of use. I have tried new thermal paste, as well as the oven baking method but to no avail. I have been searching around the internet hoping to find a replacement, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any used ones around ebay or any used market places. My only solution seems to be: find a compatible card, or buy a new laptop. I'm not in a good financial position right now to purchase a new laptop so a used one seems to be the only option. 

I am looking for something to just plug and play. I do not have experience nor access to tools to modify a heatsink in any way. I could possibly flash the BIOS, but as I mentioned earlier my GPU is dead and all I have is a black screen. I'm not sure if I can access the bios without a GPU. AFAIK, there is no integrated gpu in my laptop. There's also information about buying the correct card... I.E Clevo, Dell etc.

There is only so much information I can process and interpret based off user's experiences. I'm not looking for a top of the line card, just something comparable to the 570m. What do you guys suggest? I would like to stay under CAD $300 with shipping and/or possibly a modded heatsink if I need one. 

Thank you in advance

Edited by jacquesjones

Here is the right Card for You,it is from MSI.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/162227232844?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You also can use Your Heatsink,it`s only needs a little bit Thermalpaste

to fill up some parts.

In GT780 all other Cards like GTX 670MX to GTX 880M are not working.