Sign in to follow this  
Morv

15" Lenovo Thinkpad W541 + GTX970@16Gbps-TB2(Akitio Thunder2) + Win10 w/o reboot [Morv]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By zepvalue
      Hello guys,
      Thanks for this incredible forum, I hope I will learn a lot from the gurus ! 

I am trying to make my eGpu MSI GT X970 work on my laptop   with K1100M integrated GPU. 

This are my specs:
      CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.7GHz with Turbo Boost) PSU : ??? Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M / Intel HD Graphics 4600 RAM: 32 GB Storage: 1TB

I got a V8.0 EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock  with the express card version ( I am not really hw savy) and I am looking for a good psu to power my MSI GTX 970 4G  
      Could you kindly suggest a good PSU that i could use to power this GPU ? I am also willing to do as many experiments needed

Thanks for reading my post
      -zepvalue

• By baddea
      I want to know if i can using external gpu RX 480 GPU with windows laptop ASUS G751JT that have dgpu

i need to using interal gpu  in my linux arch and second gpu to using with windows 10

please i need answers

• By Edward09
      Hello everyone,
      I am a newbie in this forum and I've known about eGpu for just a few days. So i want to ask you some questions. I have an HP Elitebook 8570p and this is my specs : 
       Intel core i5-3320m
       VGA: AMD HD 7570m
      I am planning to use an EXP GDC beast 8.0 and there are 2 options i am wondering : radeon r9 380 and gtx 970. I like r9 380 more because it's cheaper, but someone says it's hard to set up an AMD card for a laptop which also have AMD dGPU . IN the other hand,a GTx is easier to set up and have better performance. SO which one should i buy ?
      Another question : As I know a core I5 CPU always have integrated card Intel HD 4000 on it, but when I check in the device manager there's only dGPU Radeon 7570m. Is it possible for me to use an EGPU?
      Sorry for my English . Please help me and thanks in advance
    • By Irons324
      So, I sold my eGPU setup, which was a GTX 970 in a Thunder2 enclosure using a Corsair VS550 psu. Worked fine when I owned it, my MacBook died, so I've sold it to a friend. 

Set it up fine on his mid 2012 MBP no worries, everything seemed to work fine at first. Now, a day later, every time he loads heroes of the storm (or any game for that matter) the computer black screens and resets, throws up a GPU panic error code. Sometimes it will last a little longer than others, but the predominate issue is that the fans often aren't spinning when the radiator gets hot. The fans work, because they spin up on start up. 

Ideas for what could be causing this issue?

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.