[Guide] HP Solution To DSDT Override . Thanks to *****

bachir.khiati@gmail.com

I advise using the Setup 1.3  and pt MEM writefromfile cause it's much safer. you won't damage the windows by alternating the ACPI
 This will be a lot but believe me, it's worth it. :D

There is some missing information  in some previous post that I did read here that can cause a lot of errors and problems:
Windows Unstable 
Slow
take really long to shutdown
black screen
boot Error (Blue screen ACPI Bios Error)
but this method works if you follow the right steps

To extract the Aml file you need to get it from Linux (ubuntu USB boot) this will give you the right dsdt without error.

You need Just DSDT and SSDT files ( SSDT 1 & 2...).
rename the end of this files to .aml 
Follow this
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/ 
(follow the steps and what I did to make it work.)

Extracting with Linux:

In Linux, the native ACPI files are available directly from the file system. You can find them at /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. It is possible to copy the entire set with a single command in Terminal.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows.

In Linux Terminal:

Code (Text):

# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables /windowspath/of/your/choice/

with this command, you will save all the files in the place of your choice ( all the files even the one that you don't need)
 then you Need to download Vmware Mac OS X El captain (look for it in torrent... you need to get permission to install the app in user/bin ..after you start the mac os x and boot up and everything working. you need to reboot in recovery mode keep pressing  windows+R  after you click on reboot  then after it boots in recovery, up go into utilities > terminal and type the following commands:

csrutil disable
reboot 

Done // you will need this to install iasl and avoid

Operation not permitted

to take the file from windows to vmware you need to upload them in a site and download them from VMware ( easy way)

to extract dsl file with isal ( need to install it in MAC os ) without error and open it with Maciasl (last version 2016-04)
add the line and compile if you see warnings is okay as long as there is no error ( you won't find at all maybe 1 max try to fix it(google)  if you can't then leave it.. because i tried with windows and I had a lot or errors).
to take the file from windows to VMware you need to upload them in a site and download them from VMware ( easy way)

after you download the new DSDT with QWord... on it.
put it in the config file of the Dyi setup
Important:
1.Boot order Dyi setup first Not Windows 8 ( you can change that when windows load then give you the choice between Windows and Dyi setup then there you will see another option select DYi as main boot.
2. pt MEM writefrom 1 0x000000.....DSDT.aml " you need to write it exactly as it is  in  "r-w everything" don't remove the 0000xxxx." 

3. Put a delay on your Egpu to 7 seconds

4. I still get error code 12 in my Igpu but the egpu gtx 960 4Gb working perfectly
5.i didn't have to force igpu to 32 bit or do anything. just this in my startup.bat:

call iport on 4 // this is my port 
call iport gen2 4
pt MEM writefromfile 1 0x000000009BFCF000 DSDT.aml

:end
call chainload mbr

can you tell me why *********??
it took me 3 days to make it work without error.
result: Stable Windows 

Update 1:
*I had to change the igpu memory in bios to 32Mb  to make the "pt MEM ....." work without crashing my laptop. 
*tried this method on win10 but it doesn't work. no matter what I try. had to come back to win8.1

Need help  PM
****** Can you comment on what I said maybe I understood something thing wrong.
Thanks to *********  and his Perfect DYI setup

Edited by [email protected]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.