Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
gaffycool

directx 11 error gtx 880m crashing in game alienware m18x r1

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with my gtx 880m. I currently have a m18x r1 unlocked a05 bios and modded drivers (368.69 also tired 372.90)

basically when im playing battlefront the game plays for about 1 min, and then crashes and I got this direct x error message on screen (shown in pic below)

I managed to fix this error by turning on vertical sync in settings in the game and also in the nvidia control panel (it was set to auto, or adaptive and I changed this to on), and this fixed this create texture error.

Now I am getting a completely new error and I was able to play the game for now more than 1 min, usually around 10-12 mins before crashing, i am now seeing a new error,

directx function "DX11 Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically reomved from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. ").

I have tried to change drivers, change clock speeds, turn off overclocking and running everything on low, I have also tried to delete the ndvi64.api file from system32 as suggested in an ea forum, and still no luck.

Anyone else had this error? took me 3 days to finally get the gtx 880m to work in the mx18 r1 and now the only game that plays is battlefield, which works floorlessly on ultra for 4+ hours game play constantly with no issues. but its just when I play battlefront it crashes

ive tried to even do the directx web installer to install latest files and still didnt work..

any help would be appreciated and im sure would help out alot of mx18r1 users or gtx 880m users out there.

thanks

image.jpeg

then I managed to fix this error

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spokf
      Hello,
      I have a g750js with gtx 870m, I upgrade it to gtx 880m when the laptop boot it's not recognize the gpu and the fan turn at the high speed. 
      The laptop turn with windows 8.1.
      Can someone help me please ?
      Thank's 
      Sorry for m'y poor english.
    • By Henrik9979
      First I want to thank the community, who have inspired me to do this project.
      I will give you guys the chance to follow me on this journey.

I hope you will all help me come up with ideas, techniques and parts that could become handy.

This modding may be possible to convert to allot of laptops.

Let's begin!
      Here is the measurement of the went hole.
      77mm X 16mm

I have 2 ideas for what can be done.

• By svl7
      Patched this together on request, M18x R1 BIOS A05 (unlocked) with the RST 11.5 OROM.
      The orom comes from the station-drivers site, not sure whether it will work fine with the M18x, though I don't really see why it shouldn't.
      Btw, something's weird with the original orom in the R1 BIOS, the checksum is wrong... confusing.
      Anyway, here's the BIOS, let me know how it performs. Also remember to use the latest RST driver for this ROM.
      Flash with your favorite BIOS utility or the tools provided by Dell.
      As always, use at your own risk.

Download link:

• By Eviling Dark
      Hello
      I bought Dell gtx 880m for my m18x r2.
      I thought there would be fewer problems than with gtx 970m.

Installed it and the laptop at the start produces 8 sound signals with black screen.
      I tried to flash a11 and a12 BIOS and it did not help.

• By zabbazibba
      Not sure whats holding me back. Maybe I need an unlocked bios flash. old card was a GTX 680m 4GB. New Card is an GTX 880m 8gb. The card fits, shows up in device manager originally as a microsoft  generic adapter. After modding inf in the nvmii.inf file I was able to get past the compatibility scan, however the driver fails to install and now the card is shown as an unknown device. Im sure its BIOS, but Im not sure what Bios to grab. I downloaded the latest bios from MSI and flashed. No problems there. im currently on E16F3IMS.50X. tried modding and older driver from nvidia, but the same problem occurs. passes scan, fails the driver install. doing it manually by pointing to the inf fails too with different errors each time. At my whits end, please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

MSI GT60 0NE 403us
      3rd gen ivy bridge 3630qm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.