iMac 5K strange resolution

Slang

Hi.  

I have a strange problem after applying a eGPU script (https://github.com/goalque/automate-eGPU/blob/master/automate-eGPU.sh). After reboot my imac 5k sees the card but screen resolution switches to a square in the middle of the screen. Like a half in width.  I can't change it anyhow. 

I use akitio and evga GeForce 980ti hybrid. 

I have found this thread: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=11514.0

but this replacing kext completly breaks my system so i have to recover it from Time machine.

any ideas anyone?

so: when this problem appeared you done this:

1) sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh -uninstall and restart the Mac

2) Change the line 62 of the script to: config_board_ids=()

3) sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh and restart the Mac

As i'm on the fresh time machine restore mayby i could just start from 2)??

beside the resoluton the system saw the card in apple/this mac/ System report / but in Octane there were no cuda cores available. 

Edited by Slang

No, simply install the original script without changing anything. 

Then restart the iMac.

If everything worked out, you should have an output on your external monitor via the egpu, and the iMac should have switched to the "weird" resolution.

NOW sent it to sleep mode, wait a few seconds and wake it up. The iMac should switch back to "normal" mode.

The other solution you mentioned can be used in case you only want to use the egpu in apps to render stuff, but not if you want to display something on the external monitor, as far as I understood.

goalque explained both options in the thread I linked, but you have to scroll down a bit to find the "sent-it-to-sleep" method.

Concerning your Octane issue, I have no clue.

i just done the script with those changed options and it is full 5k again ;) 

But there is still a second problem. I can see my 980ti in System report but my octane don't sees the cores. 

Edited by Slang