GT72-6QD and Alienware GTX 980M

BringerOdeath

Hello Everybody,

I have a GT72 6QD that came with a GTX 970M and I swapped in an alienware M18 GTX 980m 8GB, but nothing comes up on the laptop screen. It does display video through the HDMI port to a tv or monitor. I updated the nvidia driver and now nothing comes up through HDMI or the laptop screen. I can tell it's booting since the caps lock keys and other F keys work, I just have nothing on the screen.  Would this be related to the Alienware GTX 980 Vbios?

It does have G-sync. Is there a specific bios that it has to have because of G-sync? I put the 970m and the 980m in a 2 year old sager that had an 870 m and boards work perfect on that laptop. I am leaning towards the card bios or the motherboard bios.... Is there an msi G-sync gtx 980m bios I can flash on the card?

Can someone answer this question?! If the laptop is a gsync laptop and I replace the gsync video card with a non gsync card, would that cause the screen to have no image? Does the monitor have a Gsync chip in it that requires a gsync card to even display and image on the internal monitor? Since I replaced the gtx 970m gsync with a gtx 980m non gsync, would this be causing the issue?