Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Lucas114846

Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Does anyone know of a fix for error code 43. I am using an akitio thunder2 with a GTX 1060 and a 2015 15 MBP Intel Iris. Everything was working perfectly until today there was an update from Nvidia when suddenly it stopped and is now giving error 43. I have reinstalled windows and still am getting the issue. I am going to revert back to the previous driver to see if that will fix it but we will see.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WARNING TO EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING THE NVIDIA DRIVER 372.90!!! I did a reinstall of 372.70 and everything is up and running again. We will see if it will stay that way. I would still like to know if there is a fix for the error so that if i need to i can update the driver in the future.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm, same thing happened to me .. reverted to 372.70 and card was active again. 2014 MBP 15 Retina Iris Pro ... Akitio Thunder2 w/ 1060 6GB.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

Pls PM or email me your system model,  eGPU details and which Windows version you are using.

Hi Nando, sorry I dont know why i cannot Pm you.  i am using rMBP with intel Iris Pro 5200 and GTX 750M, I want to add a GTX 1070 via Akitio TB2 as eGPU. whenever I installed the nvidia driver on win 8.1 or win 10 it gives error 43.  As I am using bootcamp to install Windows I cannot use non-EFI boot.. what should I do to run the Setup on rMbp?

Edited by CodeSix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CodeSix said:

Hi Nando, sorry I dont know why i cannot Pm you.  i am using rMBP with intel Iris Pro 5200 and GTX 750M, I want to add a GTX 1070 via Akitio TB2 as eGPU. whenever I installed the nvidia driver on win 8.1 or win 10 it gives error 43.  As I am using bootcamp to install Windows I cannot use non-EFI boot.. what should I do to run the Setup on rMbp?

 

Pls check your NVidia driver. If it's 372.90 then install the older 372.70: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10516-error-code-43-with-nvidia-37290-driver/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukeHero said:

 

If you're using Bootcamp to install Windows 10 isn't that BIOS install rather than UEFI? If you install in EFI mode then you don't need eGPU setup. I was unable to get Windows 10 functionaly correctly with EFI though which is why I just purchased eGPU setup as I want to go from 8.1 to 10.

 

I am not sure what I should do, since I am getting Code 43 error with my GTX 1070 whatever version of windows I installed.  are you using akitio TB2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CodeSix said:

 

I am not sure what I should do, since I am getting Code 43 error with my GTX 1070 whatever version of windows I installed.  are you using akitio TB2?

 

error 43 is usually an hardware initialization issue. Check that you have the PCIe power ports plugged in, you have 75W slot power and your GTX1070 or AKiTiO is not faulty. Remove any PCIe risers and instead run the card in an opened AKiTiO chassis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CodeSix said:

 

I am not sure what I should do, since I am getting Code 43 error with my GTX 1070 whatever version of windows I installed.  are you using akitio TB2?

 

Did the installation today successfully. I am using an Akitio box and my Macbook is TB1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

error 43 is usually an hardware initialization issue. Check that you have the PCIe power ports plugged in, you have 75W slot power and your GTX1070 or AKiTiO is not faulty. Remove any PCIe risers and instead run the card in an opened AKiTiO chassis.

 

Hi Nando, i am using a 2 Molex to barrel plug for the power of Akitio TB2 and using a un-powered pcie riser, should I replace with a  powered pcie riser?

1 hour ago, LukeHero said:

 

Did the installation today successfully. I am using an Akitio box and my Macbook is TB1.

 

Windows running bios mode? Congrats, how did you do that? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CodeSix said:

 

Hi Nando, i am using a 2 Molex to barrel plug for the power of Akitio TB2 and using a un-powered pcie riser, should I replace with a  powered pcie riser?

 

Windows running bios mode? Congrats, how did you do that? :)

 

You can check out my guide right here:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8088-2012-15-mbpr-gt650m-gtx97010gbps-tb1-akitio-thunder2-win10-lukehero/

 

Just scroll down to the 'Update #3' section once you have your hardware set up. Note that you may need a different version of eGPU Setup to me if you're on a different model Macbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LukeHero said:

 

You can check out my guide right here:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8088-2012-15-mbpr-gt650m-gtx97010gbps-tb1-akitio-thunder2-win10-lukehero/

 

Just scroll down to the 'Update #3' section once you have your hardware set up. Note that you may need a different version of eGPU Setup to me if you're on a different model Macbook.

 

Wow! thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

 

error 43 is usually an hardware initialization issue. Check that you have the PCIe power ports plugged in, you have 75W slot power and your GTX1070 or AKiTiO is not faulty. Remove any PCIe risers and instead run the card in an opened AKiTiO chassis.

 

Hi Nando, i have taken out the akitio boards from the chassis and installed gpu direcly into the pcie slot without riser, using refind to enable iGPU, use 0xbb gpu-switch to use it as default, disable pcie bridge to 750M, but the 1070 code 43 still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After installing NVidia 372.70 driver and disabled 750M from device manager, enable Intel Iris Pro using rEFInd, it finally works now, also the eGPU is working on internal rMBP monitor (i guess), 3dmark gets a score of 4038, thanks everyone for the help!  But the funny thing is that even I have disabled the 750M, it is still visible to 3dmark.

 

Below is a footage running 3dmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm18M-i4_68

 

 

Capture0.PNG

 

Capture1.PNG

Edited by CodeSix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem here. I really would like to try this version to see if this make Forza runs smoothly with my Gtx 1060. I only get around 25-30 fps no matter if graphics are in Low or Ultra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I just did something.

I tried to install the driver 372.90 by selecting custom installation and disabling all the others component except Graphic Driver and it worked for me!!! I hope it works for some of you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2016 at 4:05 PM, keviskon said:

Can confirm, same thing happened to me .. reverted to 372.70 and card was active again. 2014 MBP 15 Retina Iris Pro ... Akitio Thunder2 w/ 1060 6GB.

 

On 9/30/2016 at 3:47 AM, londonsteve said:

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

 

On 10/1/2016 at 5:19 AM, Djestrobert7 said:

Same problem here. I really would like to try this version to see if this make Forza runs smoothly with my Gtx 1060. I only get around 25-30 fps no matter if graphics are in Low or Ultra.

 

On 10/1/2016 at 5:31 AM, Djestrobert7 said:

Hey guys. I just did something.

I tried to install the driver 372.90 by selecting custom installation and disabling all the others component except Graphic Driver and it worked for me!!! I hope it works for some of you as well.

I apologize for quoting everybody but out of curiosity what windows build are you on? I have found that the anniversary update also causes many of the same problems. Or at leased makes booting much more difficult. I believe it is build 1607 in which in 30 minutes I cannot get a successful boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear friends,
i have an problem while trying GTX 1070 as eGPU and also i have a friend have same problem with GTX 1060. i have error 43. i am using GDC EXP Beast V7 (mPCIe Version) with laptop Y580 (i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM and PSU Corsair CX550M)

i have GTX 970 and it is working normally only this error coming with my new GPU MSI GTX 1070 8GB RAM.


so, anyone know how to solve this issue ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ١٤‏/١٠‏/٢٠١٦ at 0:27 PM, ahmed khalifa said:

Dear friends,
i have an problem while trying GTX 1070 as eGPU and also i have a friend have same problem with GTX 1060. i have error 43. i am using GDC EXP Beast V7 (mPCIe Version) with laptop Y580 (i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM and PSU Corsair CX550M)

i have GTX 970 and it is working normally only this error coming with my new GPU MSI GTX 1070 8GB RAM.


so, anyone know how to solve this issue ???

 

 

:(

 

Same problem !!

anyone know how to solve this issue ???

 

 

.

 

to solve this issue :

 

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(sorry, don't know how to delete posts)

Edited by Slickback
Problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 10:34 PM, Salman said:

 

 

:(

 

Same problem !!

anyone know how to solve this issue ???

 

 

.

 

to solve this issue :

 

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

 

I was struggling with error 43 as well, I installed 372.70 and it worked perfectly! Don't know what changed in 373.06 but I hope someone fixes it too!

 

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Slickback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 372.70 works perfectly fine, thanks again for letting us know about it, seems to be a quite specific problem for us 1060/MBR users! Has anyone tried the new 375.57 yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vicodines said:

The 372.70 works perfectly fine, thanks again for letting us know about it, seems to be a quite specific problem for us 1060/MBR users! Has anyone tried the new 375.57 yet? 

It's not specific to MBR users.  Most egpu users are having this issue.  

And no 375.57 isn't working either. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bloodhawk said:

It's not specific to MBR users.  Most egpu users are having this issue.  

And no 375.57 isn't working either. :(

 

+1 on 375.57 not working :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By juquinha
      Hi!

      So, i got a strange situation here. I have an old Asus ROG G751JM laptop connected to an old Samsung monitor (Model S20C301L) through a VGA connection.
      This monitor supports both DVI-D and VGA inputs, while my laptop can output through VGA, HDMI or Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport. I wanted to upgrade to digital signal, so i bought an Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport to DVI cable.
      At first, it was a nightmare. There was absolutely nothing i could do to get it to work. I spent hours troubleshooting, but the monitor just could not detect any signal, only VGA one. But then this happens.
      I was testing with only one connection at once and i got tired of plugging and unplugging the cables every time. So i had the idea to keep both cables plugged in and change the source detection in monitor's menu when i wanted to. So, with the TB/MiniDP cable already connected, i've then connected the VGA cable (while DVI was selected as input source). The display started flashing. After 2 seconds, voilà, it was working. And i was like, "what the f***???" I've then unplugged the VGA cable, signal lost. Plugged it again, got digital signal.
      Well, i'm happy that it's working now, but i simply don't understand what's happening here. Why is that i need both connections simultaneously to make it work? WIll that still happen if i use a HDMI to DVI cable?
      Fun fact: the image displays only after windows startup. So, if i want to enter BIOS setup for example, i need to switch back to VGA as input source.
      Sorry for my english.
       
      Update: Can't run games with It, i get bsod.
    • By Bullfrog098
      Hi, just a quick question what would be the best EGPU adapter, because i see the really expensive ones but then you have the 400$ dollar one that Lowspecgamer used. Which do you guys recommend ?
    • By Arman
      Hello! My name is Arman! I from Armenia, and sorry for my English!
      I have iMac Late 2013 with Intel core i5, 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mb. I have Boot Camp installation on my iMac (now i have 7 Windows, but i can update it to 10 or 8 Windows) 
      I  discover that there is an Akitio 2, wich can use with iMac 2013 for productivity increase. I want to use akitio 2 with GTX 1050 ti 4Gb, but i dont know how it is intalling on iMac?
      Who can write for me the process of installation ALL equipment (akitio 2 + GTX 1050 ti + imac)? What i must to do? I talking about from the very beginning to the very end. 
      PLEASE everyone, help me. You are my last chance !!!!

    • By deltha
      Hello,
       
      I am using on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, Akitio TB2, a water-cooled Nvidia 1080 TI using the driver Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01
      OS: macOS Sierra v10.12.5 Script: automate-egpu.sh
       
      I would like to ask you : is there any chance to overclock it on macOS?

      Components:
      V-tubler
      Thermaltake C 1000 coolant
      2x luna 12 red + led band
      Radiator EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)
      Pacific PT40-D5 Reservoir/Pump Combo 250
      Akitio Thunder 2 pcie expansion
      Plexiglass, acrylic, plastic isolation, screws
      Water cooling fittings, pipes, hard tubing, without actually bending the tubing
      Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser PCIe x16 3.0, 380mm, flexibil, High Speed, EMI Shielding + powered
      Openframe case Thermaltake Core P1
      RM650 gold PSU+Paperclip
      Graphic card:
      Zotac water cooled 1080 TI Fe (Zotac 1080 TI FE + Separate mount of Titan X nickel waterblock)

    • By MacFreekDotKext
      I am running Windows build 16193 (Redstone 3) on a portable SSD as Windows to go. And macOS Sierra 10.12.4.
      Windows to Go was created using EasyUEFI's wintousb program.
      I have previously used Windows 8.1 to success and 10 which needed DSDT override. 
       
      This is a guide on how i get Windows 16193 working successfully with RX 480:
      1. Leave Thunderbolt cable unplugged from Mac before turning it on.
      2. Press option to load Windows to go Portable SSD Windows 10 16193 build.
      3. Enter DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 with iGPU connected only. Configure it as:
      Press 3 to enter Menu based setup PCI Compaction 》 Legacy mode checked 》 Closeunusedbridges checked 》 ignore none 》 Endpoint 》 56.25GB-36bit 》 Run compact 》 iGPU 》 force iGPU to 32-bit Chainload mbr Select Windows 10  from OS selection menu As soon as the Windows logo comes up hotplug eGPU. When OS is about to load up, change display output to Displayport.  
      Voila!
      Every time you want this do be done automatically, reboot into DIY eGPU  Setup 1.35 and hit ENTER (or allow 10s countdown to do it for you) on the default option 2 "automated startup via startup.bat".
       
      The Setup:
       
      1. Use paperclip trick to get PSU turned on without motherboard.
      2. Two molex connectors from psu to rocketstor 6361a molex connections. To give power to 6361a motherboard.
      3. 8 Pin pcie connectors to GPU. And chassis bent to fit RX 480.
      4. Modified back of chassis to allow Displayport connection into GPU while GPU can be screwed firm into chassis.
       
      Rocking games such as Far Cry 4 @ 4k high settings! 
      Using AMD Crimson WHQL 17.2.1.
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.