Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

On 11/23/2016 at 2:21 PM, GTANAdam said:

Let's clarify some things, shall we?

• If you're using mPCIe with no Hotplug capability (or not sure): use Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier.
  • If you're using ExpressCard or mPCIe with Hotplug capability: use Nvidia driver version 375.76 or earlier.
  • If you're using Thunderbolt: Use either the Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier OR 375.86 or newer.

Unfortunately, for those who are using the GTX 1050 Ti with no mPCIe hotplug capability or ExpressCard slot, you will not be able to use it correctly, the main reason is that the drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti are missing in the driver version 372.70 or earlier.

We've concluded that this concerns only the Nvidia Pascal Architecture GPUs, so I personally recommend skipping this one or move to the Red team if eGPU matters to you.

At the time of writing this, the latest available driver from nvidia is 375.95 which has completely broken mPCIe/ExpressCard eGPU capability.

This is a VERY valuable piece of information.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'd like to report my (positive) experience with my egpu setup.

I have an Asus K501UX with ngff mpcie slot, a Gtx 1050 Ti and the gdc beast v8.

I spent an evening fiddling with drivers, then I realized I probably needed HotPlug enabled andafter a couple of days I managed to mod my bios and enable Hotplug. 

The bloody thing was still giving me error 43!! But then I stepped upon this forum and read that I had to use a specific driver version even with Hotplug enabled.

It's working very smooth now, I'm happy with stability and performance. Gpu-z even says me that I'm running at pci 1.3 (1 lane, ver 3.0) and it surprised me a bit, I thought gdc beast supported 1.2 at max. Can I trust gpu-z? It reports 1.1 during idle and 1.3 when I start the render test.

I'm a bit worried for the future drivers, I fear we won't be able to update... but I guess I have to live in the present :)

Feel free to ask me if you have a similar configuration

5 hours ago, andrea.zanchi said:

This is a VERY valuable piece of information.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'd like to report my (positive) experience with my egpu setup.

I have an Asus K501UX with ngff mpcie slot, a Gtx 1050 Ti and the gdc beast v8.

I spent an evening fiddling with drivers, then I realized I probably needed HotPlug enabled andafter a couple of days I managed to mod my bios and enable Hotplug. 

The bloody thing was still giving me error 43!! But then I stepped upon this forum and read that I had to use a specific driver version even with Hotplug enabled.

It's working very smooth now, I'm happy with stability and performance. Gpu-z even says me that I'm running at pci 1.3 (1 lane, ver 3.0) and it surprised me a bit, I thought gdc beast supported 1.2 at max. Can I trust gpu-z? It reports 1.1 during idle and 1.3 when I start the render test.

I'm a bit worried for the future drivers, I fear we won't be able to update... but I guess I have to live in the present :)

Feel free to ask me if you have a similar configuration

Hi can you help me with my problem? Ihave asus g551jw, expgdc v8 mpcie and gtx1070.. i make sure all are connected and lights are all up for the expgdc and gpu. i used ddu to remove my nvidia drivers completely and download the 368.81 from nvidia. now still my laptop cant detect my 1070 ived checked for any unknown device but still nothing.. 

Now i read your reply regarding hotplug? What is it exactly? Thank you in advance

22 hours ago, Xayvee said:

Hi can you help me with my problem? Ihave asus g551jw, expgdc v8 mpcie and gtx1070.. i make sure all are connected and lights are all up for the expgdc and gpu. i used ddu to remove my nvidia drivers completely and download the 368.81 from nvidia. now still my laptop cant detect my 1070 ived checked for any unknown device but still nothing.. 

Now i read your reply regarding hotplug? What is it exactly? Thank you in advance

IF your card is not decteded at all, I really don't think it's a problem of disabled hotplug.

First thing I'd do is: download hwinfo and see if you have any valuable informations from it regarding the pcie slot you are connecting the adapter to.

On 07/01/2017 at 5:36 PM, andrea.zanchi said:

IF your card is not decteded at all, I really don't think it's a problem of disabled hotplug.

First thing I'd do is: download hwinfo and see if you have any valuable informations from it regarding the pcie slot you are connecting the adapter to.

Thank you for the reply. I download and installed hwinfo.. still cant find my 1070.. but im looking at this many PCI that has many values in it. Any more help you can give me?

38 minutes ago, Xayvee said:

Thank you for the reply. I download and installed hwinfo.. still cant find my 1070.. but im looking at this many PCI that has many values in it. Any more help you can give me?

It quite easy to determine which Root Port hosting your physical mPCIe port, by having it original device (WLAN card for example) inside it and using Device manager to cross check the device ID with HWiNFO, or maybe HWiNFO already show which port it is while having your WLAN card installed.

3 minutes ago, egpulover said:

It quite easy to determine which Root Port hosting your physical mPCIe port, by having it original device (WLAN card for example) inside it and using Device manager to cross check the device ID with HWiNFO, or maybe HWiNFO already show which port it is while having your WLAN card installed.

Yup found it already i reconnected my wlan card.. its seems go top "intel lynx point Pch -pci express root port 3 [c2]" -> pci express x1 bus #4 <- here is my exp gdc suppost to be but it is not showing up.. i got some pic how to upload here anywys

9 minutes ago, Xayvee said:

Yup found it already i reconnected my wlan card.. its seems go top "intel lynx point Pch -pci express root port 3 [c2]" -> pci express x1 bus #4 <- here is my exp gdc suppost to be but it is not showing up.. i got some pic how to upload here anywys

ASUS laptop used to not having anykind of mpcie whitelisting, also since you are using 368.81 you can put the "hotplug" problem aside since it will never occur on that version, so you can safely eliminate them while troubleshooting the issue.

12 minutes ago, egpulover said:

ASUS laptop used to not having anykind of mpcie whitelisting, also since you are using 368.81 you can put the "hotplug" problem aside since it will never occur on that version, so you can safely eliminate them while troubleshooting the issue.

So maybe i have defective 1070 or broken expgdc? Btw when i try to install nvidia drivers it also did not detect my 1070 obviously

Just now, Xayvee said:

So maybe i have defective 1070 or broken expgdc? Btw when i try to install nvidia drivers it also did not detect my 1070 obviously

It could be some PSU problem, and you don't need to install nvidia driver to check if it already detect cause it will show as unknown graphic controller of something like that in the device manager even without the driver.

17 hours ago, Xayvee said:

Sadly it could be anything!

On 23/11/2016 at 9:21 AM, GTANAdam said:

• If you're using mPCIe with no Hotplug capability (or not sure): use Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier.
  • If you're using ExpressCard or mPCIe with Hotplug capability: use Nvidia driver version 375.76 or earlier.
  • If you're using Thunderbolt: Use either the Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier OR 375.86 or newer.

Unfortunately, for those who are using the GTX 1050 Ti with no mPCIe hotplug capability or ExpressCard slot, you will not be able to use it correctly, the main reason is that the drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti are missing in the driver version 372.70 or earlier.

We've concluded that this concerns only the Nvidia Pascal Architecture GPUs, so I personally recommend skipping this one or move to the Red team if eGPU matters to you.

At the time of writing this, the latest available driver from nvidia is 375.95 which has completely broken mPCIe/ExpressCard eGPU capability.

Just to make sure I understand the state of things as they are today. I just received my GTX 1050Ti and PE4C 3.0 ExpressCard. Do I stand a chance of getting it working on ExpressCard using driver 375.76 or 375.63?

Right now, I have 376.33 installed, the card is detected with error 12. I will not go and try to fiddle with DSDT override if it is to then be stuck with a card that cannot work. HWInfo says that specific Bus is Hotplug compatible.

So any chance to get this thing going after I resolve the Error 12?

Thanks.

HWInfo1.JPG

6 hours ago, SimonLL said:

Just to make sure I understand the state of things as they are today. I just received my GTX 1050Ti and PE4C 3.0 ExpressCard. Do I stand a chance of getting it working on ExpressCard using driver 375.76 or 375.63?

Right now, I have 376.33 installed, the card is detected with error 12. I will not go and try to fiddle with DSDT override if it is to then be stuck with a card that cannot work. HWInfo says that specific Bus is Hotplug compatible.

So any chance to get this thing going after I resolve the Error 12?

Thanks.

HWInfo1.JPG

Several people have successfully setup the 1050ti with Expresscard eGPU adapter, so you sould be safe after DSDT override to get rid of error 12. Just remember try older driver first,

Edited by egpulover

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GTANAdam said:

Nvidia has released a driver update (378.49), has anyone tried it?

I intend to try it out tonight.

I have a GTX 1080 connected to a ThinkPad W520 via EXP GDC Beast ExpressCard, currently running 375.63 seems pretty stable.

Notebook Asus Rog g46v, graphics card Asus Rog geforse gtx 1060 strix, connected via exp gdc in mini pci-e port, power supply aerocool to 600w. Windows 10 64bit

After installing the 372.70 error 43 has disappeared. But now, after some time, the game takes off video driver, restart helps. Has anyone encountered this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I have Akitio Thunder 2 with 1060 6Gb on Macbook Retina 2013 and just updated from 372.70 to the newest version (something like 378.49) with Nvidia Experience and it worked like a charm!

Edited by mrchrister
  • Thumbs Up 1

On ‎2017‎年‎2‎月‎7‎日 at 0:59 AM, mrchrister said:

I have Akitio Thunder 2 with 1060 6Gb on Macbook Retina 2013 and just updated from 372.70 to the newest version (something like 378.49) with Nvidia Experience and it worked like a charm!

Apparently the issue has been fixed for Thunderbolt, but not for any other "unofficial" connection methods.

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2016 at 3:21 PM, GTANAdam said:

Using 375.70 with hotplug (unlocked bios) thanks <33! (I was using before the 372.70 omg xdd)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have this code 43 for my GTX 1060. I tried the older driver, 372.70, but but this driver crashes on install with this: Could not create folder "C:\Windows\Temp\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp". I'm basically getting this error with every desktop driver version I'm trying to install for the 1060. Any idea?

Update: I must have left something from old files, I got the driver installed after using DDU tool. Now GTX 1060 works for few minutes under 372.70 driver and then crashes back into code 43.

error3.png

Edited by Deffington
Update

• 2 weeks later...

So any updated for 1050ti 

I just brought 1050ti OC 4 days back with out knowing that it causes error43 with the beast 

Checked on  Acer 5750G & Dell 5520 both showed error 43

Edited by vipimg

On 4/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, Deffington said:

Hello, I have this code 43 for my GTX 1060. I tried the older driver, 372.70, but but this driver crashes on install with this: Could not create folder "C:\Windows\Temp\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp". I'm basically getting this error with every desktop driver version I'm trying to install for the 1060. Any idea?

Update: I must have left something from old files, I got the driver installed after using DDU tool. Now GTX 1060 works for few minutes under 372.70 driver and then crashes back into code 43.

error3.png

You might want to try rechecking your driver version in Device Manager, and doing a driver rollback. Your symptoms indicate that Windows might be doing on-the-fly driver updates resulting in an Error 43.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, themadscientist said:

You might want to try rechecking your driver version in Device Manager, and doing a driver rollback. Your symptoms indicate that Windows might be doing on-the-fly driver updates resulting in an Error 43.

That on-the-fly update is one of the problems I had on win10. I couldn't stop the system doing it. Any idea how to avoid this? I now run on win7, but I'd prefer win10. Another bad thing about current setup is driver crashing and recovering every hour. If you could help with these, I'd be really grateful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.