Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

3 minutes ago, forfudgesake said:

As I posted earlier that driver probably wont give the expected performance. There is a silver lining however and that is that you can update the driver to a newer version without restarting (I think), so if your willing to do that after every restart I guess you should be able to get okay performance

how did you update? tried force and normal updating but after doing so gives me code 43, using mPCIE 

Edited by Abdul-Jakul

8 minutes ago, forfudgesake said:

I might remember it incorrectly. But I think that I only installed a newer driver untop of the old one and for some reason I did not have to restart. But that might be my memory playing tricks on me

it worked for you probably because you are using express card. tried both with 375.63 and got code 43 instantly.

can email me a copy of your new nv_dispi, see if that'll help

Edited by Abdul-Jakul

10 minutes ago, forfudgesake said:

I might remember it incorrectly. But I think that I only installed a newer driver untop of the old one and for some reason I did not have to restart. But that might be my memory playing tricks on me

That's a normal process of updating the driver using the Express Install option where a restart is not necessary as it hotplugs itself when necessary.

Okay guys, so I DDU'd my 372.70 notebook driver and Installed the desktop driver for 1060, so I could play with external display (don't judge me, I didn't know :()
and yesterday, I tried to install the modded notebook driver again, but It gave me error, the driver installer couldn't install the driver.

Frustated, I cleaned all the nvidia extracted drivers at C:\NVIDIA and downloaded drivers then ran the DDU in safe mode, then I downloaded the fresh 372.70 notebook driver, and installed it without modding the nvami.inf, both graphics card the dGPU and eGPU are installed, okay, so I disabled the dGPU, and restarted, ran a few games, and it crashed to dekstop, okay, restarted the laptop again, and then I played ME:Catalysts, it ran in the 1060, using the internal display, uh what? ain't this kind of wrong? shouldn't this fail?

Was it because I didn't cleaned the drivers thoroughly? but I was sure I used DDU and it was a fresh download?
Was it because nvidia used the same chip for pascal desktop and laptop? uh, so shouldn't the "driver modding" unnecessary?
Was it because....?

Oh, And I tried the Rise of Tomb Raider, my 1060 3GB just stuttered like hell using the very high texture, the game just ate all those tiny 3GB VRAM, so I dialed down the texture to high, the game ran smoothly, and the visual difference was unnoticeable,
Maybe for those with extra money, you should buy the 6GB version, I'll stick with my baby here for a while, an almost unnoticeable slight visual difference won't hurt me...

4 hours ago, xzknightzx said:

Would this work with the GTX 1050 SC Non-ti version? I also can't grab a copy of the nv_dispi.zip that forfudgesake posted because of my rank.

you might need to make some changes to the nv_dispi for the driver to be installed

On 23/11/2016 at 8:11 PM, Casanova said:

Another thing: i still did not used the so called "setup 1.3" or any other software, just plugged everything and installed the drivers.

Do i need to set something else? Is a must to use this software or any other?

Finally, got this thing to work on windows 8.1 64b.

1060 3gb driver 372.70, thank gosh...

On 11/26/2016 at 3:34 PM, Casanova said:

i'll be honest, this egpu thing is not worth all the hard work to make it functional....

it is...unless you go ahead and buy gpu's that were not tested by the community.

if you bought a 1050 ti like me...well...there's your problem. traded it for a 750ti and it ran instantly.

On 11/25/2016 at 7:43 PM, Abdul-Jakul said:

you might need to make some changes to the nv_dispi for the driver to be installed

Thank you for replying to my question, I've attempted adding support for my device (GTX 1050 SC Non-ti) by adding strings from driver version 375.95 to my 372.70 drivers nv_dispi.inf file but with no successful installation of the drivers. It ends up giving me an error informing me the graphics driver didn't install. Anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

My setup works, Tested with success with a GT 610!

What i'm using :

• EXP GDC V.8 ( Duck taped to the back of the laptop monitor :whistle: )
  • Dell Inspiron 5749
  • EVGA GTX 1050 SC 2GB Non-ti

nv_dispi snip.PNG

nv_dispi snip 2.PNG

EDIT: I Installed drivers version 372.70 successfully when swapping the nv_disp.cat file from version 375.95 BUT still error 43 exist.

Edited by xzknightzx

Nvidia has pushed the 376.09 version.

We need feedback

EDIT: I was eager to try the new update thinking it might have fixed the issue, well, unfortunately it hasn't. Don't bother trying it out. (mPCIe with hotplug capability user)

EDIT2: I've been looking into nvidia driver files and I found something rather interesting added in the latest driver 376.09.. a new revision of the GTX 1060 3GB with the hardware ID DEV_1B84 (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B84&..), so If you happen to own a GTX 1060 3GB with that Hardware ID then no driver will help you.

NVIDIA_DEV.1B84 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB" <-- The new Hardware ID included after 375.76 (last working driver)
NVIDIA_DEV.1C02 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB"
NVIDIA_DEV.1C03 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB"
Edited by GTANAdam

20 hours ago, xzknightzx said:

Thank you for replying to my question, I've attempted adding support for my device (GTX 1050 SC Non-ti) by adding strings from driver version 375.95 to my 372.70 drivers nv_dispi.inf file but with no successful installation of the drivers. It ends up giving me an error informing me the graphics driver didn't install. Anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

My setup works, Tested with success with a GT 610!

What i'm using :

• EXP GDC V.8 ( Duck taped to the back of the laptop monitor :whistle: )
  • Dell Inspiron 5749
  • EVGA GTX 1050 SC 2GB Non-ti

nv_dispi snip.PNG

nv_dispi snip 2.PNG

mod nv_dispi

AND 

nvdmi (or which it's yours)  

AND

add whatever files miss from the 372.70 doesnt have (copy-paste it over,and say no to whatever's asking windows to override.

It will install, but after a reboot  the driver won't work. That's as far as i could go.

Edited by Darkthor

I'll attempt this 

21 hours ago, Darkthor said:

mod nv_dispi

AND 

nvdmi (or which it's yours)  

AND

add whatever files miss from the 372.70 doesnt have (copy-paste it over,and say no to whatever's asking windows to override.

It will install, but after a reboot  the driver won't work. That'sasfar as i could go.

Attempting what you said as I type thanks for your reply!

Will edit in my results.

EDIT: Couldn't install doing what @Darkthor said, tried multiple ways and ended up with a failed installation every time. Thanks Darkthor for the help! :) (p.s sorry for late results)

Edited by xzknightzx
give results

3 hours ago, Abdul-Jakul said:

can ask him to paste a copy of his nv_dispi here so we can check, thanks

ok, I ask him to copy it.

He said that he clean install the driver (may be by using DDU) and than install the 375.70 driver

can you just do that (not to edit the 
nv_dispi file)? please tell me if it's work :)

My friend prove it whit this image

Untitled_zpsgt7bpm8s.png

12 minutes ago, vrian said:

ok, I ask him to copy it.

He said that he clean install the driver (may be by using DDU) and than install the 375.70 driver

can you just do that (not to edit the 
nv_dispi file)? please tell me if it's work :)

My friend prove it whit this image

Untitled_zpsgt7bpm8s.png

is he using expresscard, mPCIE or TB3?

People be smarter.. you can't just copy over files from a driver to another without changing things and whatever.. that's not even half of what porting means...

Adding Hardware IDs to the driver files so Windows Driver installer recognises it actually does the trick but you cannot expect the driver to work with the hardware correctly.

Some laptops come with the mPCIe hotplug capability already enabled so the drivers earlier than 375.86 will actually work without the need to mod the BIOS to enable hotplugging capability, I've noticed this while experimenting on my netbook as it accepted the the 375.76 without any BIOS modding so it must have the hotplugging capability turned on by default.

Please stop repeating the same thing over and over littering the thread further and further making the older posts unreadable for the others.. I'm not even talking about how some folks are not reading them and asking already asked questions.

and I don't want to repeat this..

YOU CANNOT RUN THE 1050 (Ti) PROPERLY WITHOUT mPCIe HOTPLUG CAPABILITY ENABLED IN BIOS AND READ THE OLDER POSTS!

Edited by GTANAdam
  • Thumbs Up 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.