Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

10 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Congrats dude!...
Are you using the notebook or dekstop driver?
Are you using the internal or external display?

Im using the desktop drivers and an external display.

10 hours ago, Abdul-Jakul said:

which driver version were you able to get the .inf file for 1050 ti? was able to find one in nvdmi.inf but it has a different DEVid 1C82.079A.1028, im looking for 1C82.6253.3842 for acer

can you share to me how you managed to add 1050 ti to 372.70 inf file please, i have an acer laptop thanks

Using the desktop drivers, so I got it from the nv_dispi from driver 375.95. Besides that I just followed this guide: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158 but looking for all the strings in the original 375.95 driver instead of the pastebins.

7 hours ago, Darkthor said:

nv_dispi.inf file?  -tried that. didn't work.

nvami?- tried that didn't work.

(just to bust some myths....modded all the inf files in 372.70 with 1050ti info....and failed...the driver refused to work)

I used nv_dispi.inf. Maybe it is some other problem?
Im running over expresscard, which shows up as hotplugable in hwinfo, and I also have a 7 second delay on the GDC beast. Without the delay I get error 43. 

Got a chance to fiddle around and test the card this morning, but I get really bad results (we're talking average 10-12 seconds is unigine heaven no matter the quality). Might be the modded drivers or something else. Currently the 1050ti does not beat the HD4000 which is kind of disappointing.

Edited by forfudgesake

1 minute ago, forfudgesake said:

Im using the desktop drivers and an external display.

Using the desktop drivers, so I got it from the nv_dispi from driver 375.95. Besides that I just followed this guide: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158 but looking for all the strings in the original 375.95 driver instead of the pastebins.

I used nv_dispi.inf. Maybe it is some other problem?
Im running over expresscard, which shows up as hotplugable in hwinfo, and I also have a 7 second delay on the GDC beast. Without the delay I get error 43. 

Got a chance to fiddle around and test the card this morning, but I get really bad results (were talking average 10-12 seconds is unigine heaven no matter the quality). Might be the modded drivers or something else. Currently the 1050ti does not beat the HD4000 which is kind of disappointing.

Hmmm...., so it's partially solved? but the performance is even worse than HD4000?

2 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Hmmm...., so it's partially solved? but the performance is even worse than HD4000?

Yes, the modified drivers gave me terrible performance. Now I installed the oldest drivers available for the 1050ti and for some reason it worked this time, must be some other change I made that ended my error (it really sucks that error 43 is such a general error message, two completly different errors can give the same error code). So now I'm on 375.63 and it works with expected performance! 

I just installed 375.63 without using DDU to uninstall 372.70 (with modification), so it might be something that happened there. But probably it is just because expresscard is marked as hotplug capable (so if you can change advanced pcie settings in bios you might still be lucky if your trying to run over mpcie) and that I change something else since last time I tested the driver (for instance delay on the adapter although I think I tested that the last time aswell). 

On 2016-11-19 at 8:03 PM, GTANAdam said:

nvidia has just pushed 375.95

I confirm that it does not work with the Hotplug option.

Nvidia has broken it past version 375.76.

So probably this is why 375.63 works for me! As "Hotplug-option" for pcie should be default for expresscard slots (that is their entire purpose)

1 hour ago, forfudgesake said:

Yes, the modified drivers gave me terrible performance. Now I installed the oldest drivers available for the 1050ti and for some reason it worked this time, must be some other change I made that ended my error (it really sucks that error 43 is such a general error message, two completly different errors can give the same error code). So now I'm on 375.63 and it works with expected performance! 

I just installed 375.63 without using DDU to uninstall 372.70 (with modification), so it might be something that happened there. But probably it is just because expresscard is marked as hotplug capable (so if you can change advanced pcie settings in bios you might still be lucky if your trying to run over mpcie) and that I change something else since last time I tested the driver (for instance delay on the adapter although I think I tested that the last time aswell). 

So probably this is why 375.63 works for me! As "Hotplug-option" for pcie should be default for expresscard slots (that is their entire purpose)

can sen me a copy of your nv.dispi. tried to replicate your steps but still cant install driver on 372.70

Guys, i tried everything, but got nothing :( 

My asus 1060 3gb does not work with my acer 3632qm, ANY DRIVER, still getting code 43, no matter what.

I recorded my attempts to make it work, and is uploading to yt, i'll post the link here in a few minutes.

Hope you can point where i'm wrong, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Let's clarify some things, shall we?

• If you're using mPCIe with no Hotplug capability (or not sure): use Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier.
  • If you're using ExpressCard or mPCIe with Hotplug capability: use Nvidia driver version 375.76 or earlier.
  • If you're using Thunderbolt: Use either the Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier OR 375.86 or newer.

Unfortunately, for those who are using the GTX 1050 Ti with no mPCIe hotplug capability or ExpressCard slot, you will not be able to use it correctly, the main reason is that the drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti are missing in the driver version 372.70 or earlier.

We've concluded that this concerns only the Nvidia Pascal Architecture GPUs, so I personally recommend skipping this one or move to the Red team if eGPU matters to you.

At the time of writing this, the latest available driver from nvidia is 375.95 which has completely broken mPCIe/ExpressCard eGPU capability.

Edited by GTANAdam
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, GTANAdam said:

Let's clarify some things, shall we?

• If you're using mPCIe with no Hotplug capability (or not sure): use Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier.
  • If you're using ExpressCard or mPCIe with Hotplug capability: use Nvidia driver version 375.76 or earlier.
  • If you're using Thunderbolt: Use either the Nvidia driver version 372.70 or earlier OR 375.86 or newer.

Unfortunately, for those who are using the GTX 1050 Ti with no mPCIe hotplug capability or ExpressCard slot, you will not be able to use it correctly, the main reason is that the drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti are missing in the driver version 372.70 or earlier.

We've concluded that this concerns only the Nvidia Pascal Architecture GPUs, so I personally recommend skipping this one or move to the Red team if eGPU matters to you.

At the time of writing this, the latest available driver from nvidia is 375.95 which has completely broken mPCIe/ExpressCard eGPU capability.

So, there is no hope for me...

I can only use this 1060 3gb, do not have other card.

I've just tested with a gt 710 and worked like a charm...

The thing is: how the hell there are people here that says the 1060 is working with 372.70 or earlier??

Please if you still didn't saw my video, please take a look and give the feedback.

Edited by Casanova

1 hour ago, Casanova said:

So, there is no hope for me...

I can only use this 1060 3gb, do not have other card.

I've just tested with a gt 710 and worked like a charm...

The thing is: how the hell there are people here that says the 1060 is working with 372.70 or earlier??

Please if you still didn't saw my video, please take a look and give the feedback.

Probably the error 43 is not due to a driver error in your case, but due to some other fault in the initialization of the card. 

See this thread:

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Take a look at how crazy this thing is, the 368.81 1060 3gb first driver, does not recognize the egpu, but the others drivers do!

Still not working anyway... Ideas??

It is very hard to help you when you do not tell us what you have tried.

Is the PSU set to always power the card? 

Have you changed the delay switch on the GDC Beast to 7 or 15 seconds?

Your problem is probably not  a driver issue as there are others who got that driver working with mpcie. 

2 hours ago, Casanova said:

Take a look at how crazy this thing is, the 368.81 1060 3gb first driver, does not recognize the egpu, but the others drivers do!

Still not working anyway... Ideas??

2 hours ago, forfudgesake said:

Your problem is probably not  a driver issue as there are others who got that driver working with mpcie. 

Indeed, seems like a non driver issue. 

Try playing around the eGPU setup and see if something is incorrectly plugged in, otherwise fiddle around the eGPU setup 1.30 or smth like that by Tech Inferno Fan as it could be the dGPU conflicting with the eGPU since the unified drivers can't allow you to use both graphics card (in some cases it's possible) so disabling the dGPU if you have any will help you solve the problem.. if not, your last resort is to mod the BIOS, enable hotplug capability in all mPCIe slots and also disable the dGPU (and optionally the iGPU if possible).

3 hours ago, forfudgesake said:

1 hour ago, GTANAdam said:

Indeed, seems like a non driver issue. 

Try playing around the eGPU setup and see if something is incorrectly plugged in, otherwise fiddle around the eGPU setup 1.30 or smth like that by Tech Inferno Fan as it could be the dGPU conflicting with the eGPU since the unified drivers can't allow you to use both graphics card (in some cases it's possible) so disabling the dGPU if you have any will help you solve the problem.. if not, your last resort is to mod the BIOS, enable hotplug capability in all mPCIe slots and also disable the dGPU (and optionally the iGPU if possible).

Guys i tried everything you said: set the delays on egpu, nothing; reinstalled all the cables from psu and egpu to notebook, nothing; unistalled all drivers with ddu, nothing; my notebook do not have dgpu, only intel graphics 4000; my bios do not have the option to set the hotplug, i'm using mpci.

Any ideas? Maybe try windows 8.1 instead of windows 10?

Edited by Casanova

Another thing: i still did not used the so called "setup 1.3" or any other software, just plugged everything and installed the drivers.

Do i need to set something else? Is a must to use this software or any other?

9 hours ago, Casanova said:

Another thing: i still did not used the so called "setup 1.3" or any other software, just plugged everything and installed the drivers.

Do i need to set something else? Is a must to use this software or any other?

up

FOR THE LAST TIME!  1050/ti DOESNT WORK YET!

...not even with modded drivers.

People that have working laptops with working egpu setups without blocks...cannot install it. You either see it as standard vga adapter, or with error 43, or, GPU-Z doesnt see it's real clock .

speeds!

Return it and get a 900 series,  or wait a while.

Edited by Darkthor
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Darkthor said:

can you share the whole driver pack ?

did you try a benchmark on them?

still downloading 3dmark, will post result here once done. only used the nv_dispi that forfudgesake shared

Edited by Abdul-Jakul

4 minutes ago, Abdul-Jakul said:

still downloading 3dmark, will post result here once done. only used the nv_dispi that forfudgesake shared

tried it with 372.70 ? or what version of drivers?

the inf i see is win 10 64 bit  372.70

Edited by Darkthor

As I posted earlier that driver probably wont give the expected performance. There is a silver lining however and that is that you can update the driver to a newer version without restarting (I think), so if your willing to do that after every restart I guess you should be able to get okay performance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.