Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

30 minutes ago, forfudgesake said:

II have tried all available drivers for the 1050ti to no avail. HWinfo lists the expresscard-slot as hotplug-able, but I have very few bios-settings that can help me in any other way. I have only tested different versions of hotplugging as waking from sleep or booting with the egpu running results in a black-screen and error lights flashing, maybe I can get rid of error 43 if I get it to boot with card plugged in?

There are other reasons for error 43. A telltale sign of incorrect initialization is if GPU-Z doesn't report clock info for the GTX1050Ti. See error 43 troubleshooting at https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10811-mpcieec-egpu-troubleshooting-steps/

I've been following this thread for a while now and I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently running a Palit GTX 1060 3GB eGPU through my EXP GDC 8.4d (mPCIE) with NVIDIA 372.70 drivers on Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.10586 without any issues at all. I also have my dGPU GTX460M enabled and I can use my dGPU by switching to laptop display from the windows display settings or eGPU by switching to the external display. I hope this helps, thanks!

Edited by ArtemisHD

9 minutes ago, ArtemisHD said:

I've been following this thread for a while now and I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently running a Palit GTX 1060 3GB eGPU through my EXP GDC 8.4d (mPCIE) with NVIDIA 372.70 drivers on Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.10586 without any issues at all. I also have my dGPU GTX460M enabled and I can use my dGPU by switching to laptop display from the windows display settings or eGPU by switching to the external display. I hope this helps, thanks!

So, sir, there is still hope for the green team, especially the pascal 10xx...
sold my 1050 ti BTW, so, maybe I'll get 1060 now...

I am really lost with the red GPU's, never used it since 2009

1 hour ago, ArtemisHD said:

Yes, 372.70 are the last known working drivers. Drivers past that point have issues for mPCIe users (and up until recently, Thunderbolt users).

1 hour ago, Arquebusa said:

So, sir, there is still hope for the green team, especially the pascal 10xx...
sold my 1050 ti BTW, so, maybe I'll get 1060 now...

I am really lost with the red GPU's, never used it since 2009

No a 1060 will have the same issue. It's all Pascal cards. ArtemisHD said he is using 372.70, which are the last drivers that worked flawlessly. I'm sure if he tries running the latest drivers (375.95), he will hit Error 43 also. 

30 minutes ago, rbut said:

Yes, 372.70 are the last known working drivers. Drivers past that point have issues for mPCIe users (and up until recently, Thunderbolt users).

No a 1060 will have the same issue. It's all Pascal cards. ArtemisHD said he is using 372.70, which are the last drivers that worked flawlessly. I'm sure if he tries running the latest drivers (375.95), he will hit Error 43 also. 

Yes, I know he is using 372.70, my problem is, 1050 ti has no drivers that could work with mpcie, I was stuck...
At least, I could play games with the old driver, until Nvidia finally fix the problem (hopefully)
And I still could use this card for my desktop, far away at my home when I'm back (I don't know when)

My laptop got optimus too, so it is maybe better I got the card from the green...
I don't know if buying the 9xx is still worth it...

2 hours ago, n3uralhack3r said:

Hi Tech Inferno Fan!

Good day!

Can you please help me with my problem?

I don't know how many replies can i send so I am going to say all the details in this message.

Setup:

Msi gp60 laptop UEFI boot(when i enter the bios using DEL key, the external monitor shows up but becomes black when entering windows)

I7 4700mq

Gt740m

Windows 10 64bit

Exp gdc beast v8(atx:on ptd:off)

Zotac gtx 1050 mini (no 6pin power)

Seasonic eco 400 atx psu

And here are the steps that I've done so far:

1. DDU. Reboot.

2. Install drivers 372.xx(only gt740m was installed, gtx1050 was shown as "basic display adapter"), 375.xx(both gpus were intalled but i get error 43 for gtx1050).

3. I also tried disabling the dgpu via device manager then repeat steps 1 and 2, but there is still error 43.

I hope you can help me with this.. 

Thank you.

See @Arquebusa answer, quoted below. GTX1050's oldest driver is 375.63. We know NVidia drivers return error 43 on drivers newer than 372.70. You may try to do a INF patch, adding GTX1050 support to 372.70?

3 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Yes, I know he is using 372.70, my problem is, 1050 ti has no drivers that could work with mpcie, I was stuck...
At least, I could play games with the old driver, until Nvidia finally fix the problem (hopefully)
And I still could use this card for my desktop, far away at my home when I'm back (I don't know when)

My laptop got optimus too, so it is maybe better I got the card from the green...
I don't know if buying the 9xx is still worth it...

Seems like the newer one dont fix the problem ,............ but error 43 is gone, tho.

594448a59d319ad0c313440cc0d00034.png

I tried fiddling with the 372.70 and making them compatible with 375.95 (taking a very long shot that 1060's drivers are 1050 compatible ) by manually inserting the devID and subsys manually into the nvami.inf (i have an asus). Acer & Gateway = nvaci.inf
Asus = nvami.inf
Apple = nvaoi.inf
Compal = nvcti.inf
Clevo (Sager & other re-brands) = nvcvi.inf
Dell & Alienware = nvdmi.inf
Fujitsu = nvfmi.inf
HP = nvbli.inf
HP = nvhmi.inf
LG = nvloi.inf
Lenovo = nvlti.inf
MSI = nvmii.inf
NEC = nvqni.inf Siemens = nvfui.inf
Sony = nvszci.inf
Toshiba Qosmio = nvtdi.inf
Toshiba = nvtsi.inf

I was able to force an install...but to no avail. It said the driver is missing after a reboot. 

Soo....anyone kind enough or with the know-how to fix them?

Edited by Darkthor

1 hour ago, Darkthor said:

Seems like the newer one dont fix the problem ,............ but error 43 is gone, tho.

594448a59d319ad0c313440cc0d00034.png

I tried fiddling with the 372.70 and making them compatible with 375.95 (taking a very long shot that 1060's drivers are 1050 compatible ) by manually inserting the devID and subsys manually into the nvami.inf (i have an asus). Acer & Gateway = nvaci.inf
Asus = nvami.inf
Apple = nvaoi.inf
Compal = nvcti.inf
Clevo (Sager & other re-brands) = nvcvi.inf
Dell & Alienware = nvdmi.inf
Fujitsu = nvfmi.inf
HP = nvbli.inf
HP = nvhmi.inf
LG = nvloi.inf
Lenovo = nvlti.inf
MSI = nvmii.inf
NEC = nvqni.inf Siemens = nvfui.inf
Sony = nvszci.inf
Toshiba Qosmio = nvtdi.inf
Toshiba = nvtsi.inf

I was able to force an install...but to no avail. It said the driver is missing after a reboot. 

Soo....anyone kind enough or with the know-how to fix them?

I will also try fiddeling with the inf file when I get home. Might burn some midnight oil this weekend to get it to work! Surely there must be some older drivers (not available to the public) for the 1050ti used during development. I think it is possible that 372.20 has support for the 1050ti, just hidden. If that is the case then a inf-file mod should do the trick.

In worse case we can try to just ask Nvidia for an old development driver... 

Doubt you can make it work..it's the driver itself that's screwed..not the inf's...i modded the infs. didnt work.

the 1060 driver wont work on 1050, even if forced. tried it.

Edited by Darkthor

hello guys, any one here lucky enough to get their 1050 ti to work? keep getting code 43, will greatly appreciate the help

setup is:

acer aspire v3-471g

i7-3612QM 2.1 Ghz

iGPU hd4000 / dGPU GT 640m / eGPU evga GTX 1050 ti sc

exp gdc v.8

Edited by Abdul-Jakul

I wonder why exactly doesn't the driver work....

ok, got the beast working....the 1000 series is doomed, esp 1050ti. 

installed a brand new 750ti and its 360.xx  ...something drivers from long ago....dual monitors fired instantly .no problem.

so it's the drivers fault. 100%

I returned my 1050ti gpu back since it was an expensive paperweight, basically.

laptop: g75vw - t1028D  (for future reference if some1 is looking for info)

Edited by Darkthor

Any version above 372.70 doesn't work for GTX1060, but can't you just stick to 372.70 for a while? It's not as if you'll get a magical 40% increase in FPS with the latest drivers anyway. Also NEVER get the 3GB version of GTX1060. It can't even run Paragon on LOW (I can run Witcher 3 on HIGH-ULTRA). For every new game out there you need at least 6GB of VRAM. I'm thinking about returning mine and getting the 6GB (I'm still under purchase protection for one more week).

Edited by ArtemisHD

Anyone who got 1050 ti for egpu with mpcie, and got no access of the advanced bios settings, maybe for now, it's better to sell or return it...
I did, I got stuck with this problem too, it was sold in 2 hours :P

Now I got the 1060 3GB, It works with 372.70, and using internal monitor.
I'm playing ME:Catalyst and MGS V like never before, I'll buy another games knowing this beast could handle all those games...

Problem solved for me, at least for now...

returning is probably the smartest, but where's the fun in that? I bought the 1050ti since if this egpu project fail I can put it in a prebuilt computer in my parents cabin. So I'll stick with it a little longer, at least over the next weekend.

I come bearing good news:

"GTX 1050 was tested with NVIDIA driver version 370_00."

quote from:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/18/geforce-gtx-1050-and-1050-ti/

which means that the driver probably have support in some way. 

Edited by forfudgesake
Spelling

9 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Now I got the 1060 3GB, It works with 372.70, and using internal monitor.
I'm playing ME:Catalyst and MGS V like never before, I'll buy another games knowing this beast could handle all those games...

How did you get it to work with the internal monitor? I even tried with an HDMI cable from my eGPU to my HDMI IN port and didn't succeed.

41 minutes ago, ArtemisHD said:

How did you get it to work with the internal monitor? I even tried with an HDMI cable from my eGPU to my HDMI IN port and didn't succeed.

I just modded the geforce 372.70 notebook driver to support desktop 1060, got the tutorial from youtube...
or just replace your nvami.inf in driver with mine, if you got 1060 3GB too

2 hours ago, forfudgesake said:

returning is probably the smartest, but where's the fun in that? I bought the 1050ti since if this egpu project fail I can put it in a prebuilt computer in my parents cabin. So I'll stick with it a little longer, at least over the next weekend.

I come bring good news:

"GTX 1050 was tested with NVIDIA driver version 370_00."

quote from:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/18/geforce-gtx-1050-and-1050-ti/

which means that the driver probably have support in some way. 

LOL, I got no time for further mod, I just wanna play games, in my laptop...

But good luck with that

nvami.7z

Edited by Arquebusa

1 hour ago, forfudgesake said:

I got rid of error 43 by adding 1050ti to 372.70 inf file. But I have not had time to test it properly! I shows up in gpu-z at least, with all specs properly defined

Congrats dude!...
Are you using the notebook or dekstop driver?
Are you using the internal or external display?

which driver version were you able to get the .inf file for 1050 ti? was able to find one in nvdmi.inf but it has a different DEVid 1C82.079A.1028, im looking for 1C82.6253.3842 for acer

4 hours ago, forfudgesake said:

I got rid of error 43 by adding 1050ti to 372.70 inf file. But I have not had time to test it properly! I shows up in gpu-z at least, with all specs properly defined

can you share to me how you managed to add 1050 ti to 372.70 inf file please, i have an acer laptop thanks

Edited by Abdul-Jakul

nv_dispi.inf file?  -tried that. didn't work.

nvami?- tried that didn't work.

(just to bust some myths....modded all the inf files in 372.70 with 1050ti info....and failed...the driver refused to work)

On 20/11/2016 at 10:46 PM, ArtemisHD said:

How did you put this thing to work??

I'm using a GDC Beast v8.0 mpci GTX 1060 3GB on Windows 10 64bits, tried EVERY SINGLE DRIVER for gtx 1060, but got nothing, same "code 43" error :(

ps: Acer aspire v1 571g i7 3632qm no dgpu, only hd graphics 4000.

I can see the gtx 1060 3gb on device manager and on gpuz, but not working, 0mhz on gpuz and code 43 on device manager.

Help me guys, PLEASE!

5 minutes ago, Casanova said:

How did you put this thing to work??

I'm using a GDC Beast v8.0 mpci GTX 1060 3GB on Windows 10 64bits, tried EVERY SINGLE DRIVER for gtx 1060, but got nothing, same "code 43" error :(

ps: Acer aspire v1 571g i7 3632qm no dgpu, only hd graphics 4000.

I can see the gtx 1060 3gb on device manager and on gpuz, but not working, 0mhz on gpuz and code 43 on device manager.

Help me guys, PLEASE!

Did you use ddu to clean your drivers installation before installing the 1060 driver?
Mine's just working perfectly.

If the error still persists, then it's something else that's causing the problem

On 21/10/2016 at 10:17 PM, Slickback said:

+1 on 375.57 not working :( 

No, i downloaded it but did not used yet... How does this works anyway? I'm noob...

21 minutes ago, Arquebusa said:

Did you use ddu to clean your drivers installation before installing the 1060 driver?

If the error still persists, then it's something else that's causing the problem

22 minutes ago, Arquebusa said:

No, i downloaded it but did not used yet... How does this works anyway? I'm noob...

5 hours ago, Casanova said:

No, i downloaded it but did not used yet... How does this works anyay? I'm noob...

Just shut down every other program and start DDU in safe mode (It will reboot into windows safe mode for you). Then select something like clean drivers and shut down and press okay. It will do all the work for you. You should also try to set a delay on the beast itself (There is a tiny hole which will give you access to a small switch, standard is zero, second is 7 seconds and last is 15 seconds), this gives the card time to power up before windows tries to use it. 

Edited by forfudgesake

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.