Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

I messaged an Nvidia software guy yesterday and asked if they were fixing the Nvidia drivers:

I said:
"Maybe you can help... I've tried installing many Nvidia drivers, including: 372.70, 372.90, 373.06, 375.70 and only 372.70 appears to recognise my Zotac GTX 1060 which is connected to my laptop via an Akitio Thunder2 eGPU (Thunderbolt port). The other drivers all cause the error 43. Is this an issue with ALL GTX1000 cards?"

and he replied:

"This is a known issue. Fortunately it was just fixed and QA is testing the fix. Assuming it checks out, it will appear in our next driver later this month". 

So fingers crossed guys, we will have a solution for this soon, at least sometime this month anyway.

Edited by Granty
punctuation
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Granty said:

I messaged an Nvidia software guy yesterday and asked if they were fixing the Nvidia drivers:

I said:
"Maybe you can help... I've tried installing many Nvidia drivers, including: 372.70, 372.90, 373.06, 375.70 and only 372.70 appears to recognise my Zotac GTX 1060 which is connected to my laptop via an Akitio Thunder2 eGPU (Thunderbolt port). The other drivers all cause the error 43. Is this an issue with ALL GTX1000 cards?"

and he replied:

"This is a known issue. Fortunately it was just fixed and QA is testing the fix. Assuming it checks out, it will appear in our next driver later this month". 

So fingers crossed guys, we will have a solution for this soon, at least sometime this month anyway.

Granty that has made my day. Thank you for the good news!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, GTANAdam said:

Nvidia has released an updated driver today versioned 375.86

Someone has to try it and report if it finally fixes this issue.

Can confirm that 375.86 does indeed fix Error 43. Woo hoo! (1060 on Win10 64-bit with Akitio Thunder2)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer driver?? -> Use 375.86

I'm having issues with it, the error 43 is back either Hotplug is enabled or not now.

Update: Nvidia screwed us up once again, reverting to an older version (before 375.86) fixes this. (EXP GDC)

Now what?

Edited by GTANAdam

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

I have noticed while installing the latest driver that they have disabled hotplugging while installing the driver.. which causes it not to work..

Sadly, they were not able to make it work with out the need of hotplugging making it even worse for those who're on PCIe and not Thunderbolt

Yes, its to bad because I mainly wanted to use the egpu setting for stitching 360 videos, and this is the thing that is not working properly with this older driver.

And i'm not feeling well about modding the bios. I'm going to sent a message to nvidia hoping they will come with a solution soon.

17 hours ago, pieleke said:

Yes, its to bad because I mainly wanted to use the egpu setting for stitching 360 videos, and this is the thing that is not working properly with this older driver.

And i'm not feeling well about modding the bios. I'm going to sent a message to nvidia hoping they will come with a solution soon.

Already tried contacting the support, they weren't that flexible and said that Desktop GPUs for Laptops are not supported, it was a She and I bet she was surprised to know that desktop GPUs are usable on Laptops... ridiculous but that did not stop me tho, I went ahead and filled a feedback along with some information but I doubt they will do anything now that all the thunderbolt folks whom we stood with even tho we had a solution through BIOS are no longer gonna even open this thread.

I must confirm that the BIOS hotplug solution no longer works with the latest driver.

Edited by GTANAdam

On 11/15/2016 at 7:30 AM, GTANAdam said:

I'm having issues with it, the error 43 is back either Hotplug is enabled or not now.

Update: Nvidia screwed us up once again, reverting to an older version (before 375.86) fixes this. (EXP GDC)

Now what?

There are a lot of issues with the latest drivers. 

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

Im sure they haven't fixed the Hot Plug problem yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys.

My beast v8.4d is acting REALLY weird with the 1050 ti i just bought.

I installed it,it saw my 1050ti, i went to nvidia, got these latest drivers, they installed correctly, and, after a reboot, i wanted to fire up 3dmark .

Then i found out that, even tho in device manager it says it's a 1050 ti, that directx diag and , subsequently  3dmark, don't see its name, no manufacturer, etc.

Ran GPU-Z..it sees its name, but zero clock speeds.

Deleted and disabled my dGPU  (gtx 670mx) and DDU'd all previous drivers and did a new clean install..but nothing.

I ...am stumped.

is it the driver's fault?

My laptop is a G75VX, and it saw the 1050 ti instantly on bootup. i run 16gb of ddr and win 7 64 ultimate. my internal dedicated gpu is a gtx 670mx.

Edited by Darkthor

When you go to the device manager, is the driver fully working? Does it show any errors, like error 43.

As the latest Nividia drivers are likely to cause driver errors on the device manager. If you do get the error 43, then refer to this thread:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10516-error-43-with-nvidia-37290-and-newer-drivers-use-37270/

Odd thing...it says "device is working properly", and it shows the correct driver version...except

gpu-z is 0 mhz and dxdiag says n/a.

i read that thread and downloaded it but the 1050 1050ti wasnt out / supported in that version,i think.

Should i mod that driver's inf files and manually try to add the devID and subsys? 

ok..narrowing it down...DDU'd all that i have in my pc, and installed my dGPU laptop driver.....dgpu works.

installed eGPU desktop driver....error 43......BUT....gpu-z finally gets some (weird) readings off the 1050ti...it's not greyed out, but it shows  bogus stuff like -1 mhz core clock.

So the issue is, from what I see, that it just doesnt communicate with the egpu....or am I reading this wrong?

Edited by Darkthor

I am not 100% sure about others, however, on a Mid 2015 15 inch MBP retina wo/gpu the newest drivers are working properly. I am not sure if you can just go strait to the newest. I uninstalled using DDU in safe mode. Interestingly enough GFE was still showing as installed on the desktop but was not there in the programs (just something to note). Then installed the drivers that supposedly fix the error code. I believe that is 375.86. Upon restart the system did freeze up at the windows logo on the first boot. I rebooted 2x after that until I had a "successful" boot. I checked device manager and the error code was gone and I then proceeded to go to the 375.95 drivers and everything is up and running. Sadly I do not have a non-thunderbolt system to test this on but it might worth a shot. I would also try to a complete uninstall and go strait to 375.95. It is important that you do a COMPLETE uninstall though! Go into safe mode and use DDU. Nothing would work unless I did that. In addition to doing a "Custom Install" and checking the Preform a clean install option for both of the installations (375.86 & 375.95). I also DID NOT install any of the 3D installs as I do not need them.

6 hours ago, Lucas114846 said:

I am not 100% sure about others, however, on a Mid 2015 15 inch MBP retina wo/gpu the newest drivers are working properly.

That's because Nvidia fixed it for us Thunderbolt 2 users, but not mPCI users.

Here we go, 375.95 ain't working either,
So egpu using 1050 ti with mpcie is a bad option now, we're doomed because the oldest driver for it is 375.63

Any success story using 1050 ti?

Should I wait for nvidia to finally fix their driver?
Or should I sell my 1050 ti and get 750 ti or 1060?

3 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Here we go, 375.95 ain't working either,
So egpu using 1050 ti with mpcie is a bad option now, we're doomed because the oldest driver for it is 375.63

Any success story using 1050 ti?

Should I wait for nvidia to finally fix their driver?
Or should I sell my 1050 ti and get 750 ti or 1060?

all the Pascal cards are concerned, not only the 1050ti.

Nvidia clearly wants us to move to AMD.

2 minutes ago, GTANAdam said:

all the Pascal cards are concerned, not only the 1050ti.

Nvidia clearly wants us to move to AMD.

Just sold my 1050 ti...
Considering to buy a new GPU, your 1060 works flawlessly with old 372.70 right?

Could the 372.70 driver be used for both 1060 6GB and 3GB?
Or, should I move to the team red? again?

5 hours ago, Arquebusa said:

Just sold my 1050 ti...
Considering to buy a new GPU, your 1060 works flawlessly with old 372.70 right?

Could the 372.70 driver be used for both 1060 6GB and 3GB?
Or, should I move to the team red? again?

I had modded my computer's BIOS to enable hotplugging so I could get it to work.. same thing would happen with the 1050ti..

but the latest drivers broke everything.. I suggest moving to the red team.. nvidia seems to want that it seems

Edited by GTANAdam

I also get error 43 with a 1050ti. I have no option of reverting drivers far enough for it to work either as those drivers lack support of 1050 ti. 

My system is: 
Elitebook 8470p

i7-3610qm

16 gb ram

Windows 10 64-bit v.1607 (Had to do DSDT to overcome error 12)

Latest bios
Exp gdc beast 8.4d over expresscard 

Dell da-2 220W

Zotac 1050ti

I have tried all available drivers for the 1050ti to no avail. HWinfo lists the expresscard-slot as hotplug-able, but I have very few bios-settings that can help me in any other way. I have only tested different versions of hotplugging as waking from sleep or booting with the egpu running results in a black-screen and error lights flashing, maybe I can get rid of error 43 if I get it to boot with card plugged in?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.