OFFICIAL: Alienware M11x-R2 Owners Lounge

Brian

Guest Infernia

That will be a great addition. As much as I love my M17X R2, my M11X R2 never leaves my side. It is the little everyday workhorse for all the less demanding needs the M17X takes care of.

Plus I love the fact she performs so well when stacked against other brands. Would definitely keep this thread in my favorites to keep up to date with the latest drivers. Thx Brian

• Founder
That will be a great addition. As much as I love my M17X R2, my M11X R2 never leaves my side. It is the little everyday workhorse for all the less demanding needs the M17X takes care of.

Plus I love the fact she performs so well when stacked against other brands. Would definitely keep this thread in my favorites to keep up to date with the latest drivers. Thx Brian

I like how you call it a she :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I take my R2 with me to work everyday just in case I need to get to a site that work blocks. It's also my main machine for everyday stuff like Quicken etc. I use my m17x R2 as a media center and to play games on my HDTV, almost never disconnect it now that I have the m11x.

• Thumbs Up 1

For anything that's not gaming - any Thinkpad, Latitude or Elitebook are light years ahead of M11x, from the build quality / durability, display quality, cooling, weight, size, keyboard, accessibility of components, aftermarket upgrades and part availability and it's prices, dock station support.... :) I guess you could run 3D apps on M11x which are going to work better, but then one typically doesn't use ultraportable for that - rather a workstation laptop. It's still a useful laptop for other things - it's just not up to snuff (not even close) with business class laptops. (as an extreme example, see Thinkpad X220 w/ IPS)

On the other hand if you like to game, then there's really nothing that special out there. There's 13" Acer I guess.

Edited by unreal25

• 2 years later...

I have used my little m11x for quite a few years as my primary gaming and go to rig. Even now it still is performing better for games than some of the other stuff out there. Although its looking like I should retire the little guy soon.

• 5 months later...

I have upgraded done every upgrade possible to this little guy to keep him going (ram, ssd, OC, etc). I think is still a great laptop. I wish they still made them. I'm thinking of moving to the Razer Blade as the replacement for my M11xR2. Origin has a great 11 inch laptop as well so we'll see where time and money takes me.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi - I don't know if anybody's still here :) I have been trying really hard to obtain m11x r2 modified bios (the one that lets you mod gpu voltage to 0.95V). Does anone here have that by any chance and would be willing to send me the modified bios on my email? I would really, really appreciate it !!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good day to all, I know this is an old topic but does anyone know if their is an unlocked bios for the R2? I am wanting to look at changing some of the clocks and settings to the Intel HD graphics, and maybe get some better battery life.