eGPU MSI Cubi 2 Plus i5 6400T with PE4C v4.1

TechManAsh

Hi,

Wondering about MSI Cubi 2 Plus with i5 6400T barebone pc, if i was to get it:

If i used PE4C v4.1 M key to PCIE with MSI Cubi 2 Plus' M key slot, would i get PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
connection with eGPU?  (GTX 960 Strix) Or would it be 4 lanes at PCIe Gen 1?
If not could i use DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 to achieve this result on this model?

If anyone else has used this PC with eGPU please let me know what it is like.

And please let me know if i have got this all wrong.
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2016 at 0:49 PM, Mikegrok said:

Installing the pe4c 4.1 in a skull canyon nuc I initially had x4 pcie1, but after bios update it changed to x4 pcie3.

Hey Mike,

Im thinking about getting one of these p4c 4.1 adapters for my nuc6i7kyk as well, have you got it to work? What do you mean by  initially x4 pcie1 after bios update x4 pcie3?

• 4 weeks later...

I actually decided to get a Late 2014 Mac Mini, as i wanted the ease of plug and play with thunderbolt eGPU. And OS X.

EXP GDC and PE4C eGPU solutions aren’t even worth it in the long run, as you get signalling issues, and a bottlenecking x1 get 2 connection. Even if you can get x4 get 3.0, they just aren’t easy plug and play like thunderbolt. Needing to pull apart a computer just to plug in a connection, is not worth it. From what i have experienced, EXP GDC is ok, until you harness the power and ease of thunderbolt, and you will really think that these eGPU solutions are just simply cheap and nasty. Get a laptop or something different with a thunderbolt port.

Mike means he flashed a bios update to get an x4 get 3.0 connection going with his eGPU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.