Star Wars: the Old Republic gameplay on Ideapad

jeffreybaks

I got to beta test like so many other people on November 25th through the 28th, the last beta event for Star Wars: the Old Republic. In that time I didnt grind to hard but I ended up close to level 20 with an Imperial Agent(the class I chose).

There is quite a bit of criticism out there, I have to say though that this game leans more towards being the new golden standard for all mmos to follow, at least thats what I felt while playing it, suttle not in your face when I say that though. Its not ahead of its time yet it fits nicely where it lays more like. I enjoyed my time very much so In "the Old Republic" and recommend anyone buy it.

I made a video on how it runs on my Lenodo Ideapad Y460 which can be seen here

Edited by jeffreybaks

Same here. I tried all 4 classes on the Empire side. I too noticed there is a lot of criticism on the SWTOR forums, but I found the game to be quite enjoyable. There are a lot of things in which the game is similar to WoW, but the leveling part seems interesting enough and the voice acting certainly does much to it, over reading a wall of text each time you'd accept a quest in WoW. I only played one instance (flashpoint) Black Talon, in the first beta and found it quite good. In the last beta it seemed overly nerfed but then again I plan to play with my RL friend so we'll probably just be 2-manning it.

In terms of how it runs, I see no difference running with and without crossfire. With details on High (highest setting), and default values for ground clutter, on 1920x1200 I get typically around 20-40FPS depending on the zone. I hope the crossfire support gets properly implemented. This is with latest catalyst drivers and Radeon 5870M. On lower resolutions it does play smoother but due to lack of Antialiasing support in the game atm, it looked really crappy so I just went with these settings.