driver stops responding after power spike

superkienzan

Setup is:

Lenovo laptop with i5 5200U 2.20ghz

600w EVGA psu (also had same issue with a 300w psu)

Nvidia GTX 950 EVGA

8 ghz ram

GDC Beast with NGFF cable

Attached is a picture of what happens when my drivers stop responding. Right after the vertical yellow dotted line you see the power on the GPU spike to the highest.  This is when my GPU drivers crashes and recovers. The GPU use is rather low then sinks to 0 suddenly. I am using the paperclip trick to keep the PSU on and did the same method with the other PSU. The same issue occurs absolutely randomly during regular internet browsing or taxing gameplay.

Any idea? I can give further info if need be!

spike.jpg

Edited by superkienzan

Let the EXP GDC keep the PSU on.

The power connector may be loose. Whoever manufactured them didn't know what they were doing. Mine is burnt out with scorch marks and is being held in with zip-ties and the power of love.

If the light on the GDC goes off when the problem occurs, then it is a sign that that power cable is loose. Otherwise, it is the HDMI cable that is loose. See https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10052-loose-fitting-physical-hdmi-connections-causing-driver-woes-and-bsods/.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to driver stops responding after power spike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.