2015 15" MBP R9 M370x + RX480@16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10/OSX10.12

Well here is my foolish attempt to get an eGPU working based on the RX480 in combination with a MacBook Pro Retina 15" (mid 2015) that has the R9 M370X dGPU. So far my attempts have been mediocre to say the least. The rMBP that I use has a variety of flaws that keeps me from accurately testing the eGPU right now.

Flaw 1: The internal dedicated GPU

Everyone around here knows that everything is much easier if you use a MacBook without any dedicated GPUs so that you can utilise either Optimus or some other AMD equivalent that is used under macOS. One would rather disable the dGPU when an eGPU is attached, but this is simply not as easy as it sounds for 2015+ MacBooks (see flaw 2). Luckily I got the eGPU working under macOS 10.12 while still having the dGPU enabled and functioning completely (3 GPUs, yay!).

Windows is another story though, disabling the dGPU is possible only by using @goalque his experimental EFI USB application. Disabling the dGPU does not bring the profit that I was hoping for, as I run into the infamous error code 12 in Windows when the R9 RX480 is attached. Solving this is still under my attention but sadly I am not able to use @Tech Inferno Fan 'DIY eGPU Setup 1.30' (see flaw 2). I'm not sure if it is even possible to enable PCIe compaction without it or from an UEFI boot loader.

Flaw 2: UEFI only bootloader

With releasing the new MacBook Pro Retina, Apple thought it might be wise to update it's firmware so that it would support UEFI boot only. This means that I'm unable to boot from any MBR source, albeit Bootcamp or USB applications. This is a complete disaster and is devastating for my eGPU setup, as I have to reinvent the wheel every time and can't rely on great solutions like 'DIY eGPU Setup 1.30'. This also means that I can't use Windows so far to actually test or adjust the eGPU for the moment. Right now my eGPU is not running stable (see flaw 3) and I would very much like to under clock it to see where the cause of the problems lie.

Flaw 3: Akitio Thunder 2

This flaw is the worst of them all and is the cause for my headache's the past couple of days. As many of you may know the Akitio Thunder 2 is a relatively cheap and fine Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, but it has one major flaw: supplying enough stable power. AMD cards are very power hungry over the PCIe slot (especially the RX480), this upsets the Akitio very much making it very unstable under load. So far I've tried several solutions to try and fix the stability (under macOS as Windows is still not working for me):

• Barrel plugging the Akitio Thunder directly to a PCIe power header on my PSU, without any changes to the Akitio board (freezing at scene 1/16 in Valley benchmark).
  • Soldering two thick wires from the missing J6 header to the 16x lane PCIe ports as described here, while also using the manufactured barrel plug (freezing at scene 7/16 in Valley benchmark).
  • Soldering two thick wires from the missing J6 header AND soldering the two missing capacitors at C4 and C3, while also using the manufactured barrel plug (freezing at scene 10/16 in Valley benchmark).
  • Soldering two thick wires from the barrel plug positive pad to the 16x lane PCIe ports without using C4 and C3 anymore (freezing at scene 8/16 in Valley benchmark).
  • Using a quality powered PCIe 16x riser connected to molex connector on PSU while using custom barrel plug for Akitio, without changes to the Akitio board (freezing at scene 7/16 in Valley benchmark).
  • Using a quality powered PCIe 16x riser connected to molex connector on PSU while using supplied Akitio power adapter (to avoid 12V power rail instability), without changes to the Akitio board (freezing at scene 8/16 in Valley benchmark).

So far I've tried everything I could find or come up with, but maybe there is one other solution to get the Akitio to work or maybe I should just give up on the Akitio all together, hoping that another affordable box is more stable. I would very much like to under clock the RX480 or even test it under Windows (as their drivers have fixed some of the ridiculous PCIe power draw). But flaw 2 is keeping me from it and this pisses me of my now. The Akitio supplied power brick outputs a steady 12.28V under all circumstances. Using the multimeter I was able to make the following readings on the 12V rail when only having the GPU and PCIe riser attached:

• Under idle: 12.02V
  • Under load: 11.90V
  • Under crash: 11.97V

I'm really hoping that posting my findings will help others, but maybe someone on the forums have successfully dealt with AMD eGPU power problems before (without spending a $1000 on a Netstor). I use the following hardware for my setup:

• Akitio Thunder2 PCIe Box
  • XFX Radeon RX480 XXX OC Backplate (RX-480M8BFA6)
  • MacBook Pro Retina 11,5 (R9 M370X version)
  • Corsair SF450

Any help is more than welcome!

References:

Edited by FricoRico

I tried following the DSDT override guide multiple times, each time resulting in a Large Memory entry in my device manager. However I get the feeling that I'm giving the wrong PCI bus the extended Large Memory allocation. Could this be the case? Somehow my .dsl file seems a lot smaller than the supplied example as well. See the screenshot of the device manager(s) to see my devices. I've also attached my .dsl file inside the zip

Devices.PNG

2570P-dsdt-override.zip

Thanks for this very insightful report, not a foolish attempt.

3 hours ago, FricoRico said:

Luckily I got the eGPU working under macOS 10.12 while still having the dGPU enabled and functioning completely (3 GPUs, yay!).

I gave you a procedure privately how to do it and you agreed that all information is confidential, but as it now has partially came out, I would appreciate that you won’t share more information regarding this subject.

My EFI demo app is experimental, designed for Nvidia cards only for automating Optimus. The full development version enables RX 480 with a MBP11,5 as well. Here’s the 3DMark11 result:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11547332

RX480_settings.png

It’s pretty much on a par with the R9 390 but much more power efficient, and outperforms a reference GTX 980 clearly in 3DMark11. People have completely forgot how speedy AMD eGPUs are through TB2 connection. The cause for so many unsuccessful attempts is the Thunder2 itself. R9 Nano seems to be an exception. However, they both conflict with the MBP11,5’s dGPU.

You may still have luck with the demo and steps I gave you privately, so if you have success please report. The screen switching in EFI works however, right? Unfortunately I cannot provide more unlocks or fixes for the demo.

I’m using Netstor NA211TB, its ATX 24-pin power connector feeds enough juice for the slot power-hungry RX 480. Hot-plugging and surprise removal works by AMD’s latest Crimson drivers.

eGPU_enabled.png

Edited by goalque

1 hour ago, goalque said:

I gave you a procedure privately how to do it and you agreed that all information is confidential, but as it now has partially came out, I would appreciate that you won’t share more information regarding this subject.

My apologies, I was under the impression that only the procedure would be kept confidential. The fact that we got it to work does not spoil anything, as others have also got the RX480 to work and posted about it. The procedure will be kept confidential indeed.

What would you suggest about powering the eGPU? Do you think that I can modify the Akitio (or PCIe Riser) in such a way that the Akitio Thunder2 is still a viable option? Is there anything else in the sub $500,- price range that is more stable? I'm starting to wonder if it is actually a power issue only, as the power is now completely seperated from the Akitio board (with the riser).

I also attached it to an old PSU that I still had, which made it less stable than with the new SFX PSU that I bought. This would still suggest that it is a powering issue.

Furthermore, I did see this XConnect message before, however it would not show up in the Radeon Crimson driver overview, nor in the device manager. Is that normal behaviour? Is the R9 M370X actually backed up by the RX480 if I see the message appear?

Thanks for still trying to help me out! Looking forward to the (semi) final version of the EFI application!

@FricoRico

Apology accepted. No one except we two have successfully accelerated RX 480 with the MBP11,5 on macOS Sierra beta. iGPU only Macs are much easier.

The main reason for not revealing the procedure is that some shady companies such as bizon-tech will surely grab and re-pack it into their “installation tool” if this comes open source. A couple of more front-page ads and novice users do a “click & buy”. I won’t let that happen.

I think that the issue lies in the GPU chipset. Some AMDs are more error-prone with a single-slot enclosure. It won’t help if you change to Sonnet SEL, 6361A or others, they behave the same way. I’ve removed the 4-pin power cable, tried out 3 different high quality ATX PSUs, high quality powered risers (both back/front powered), Nando’s taping tricks and several soldering methods - they did have an influence on stability but at some point a system crash occured (haven't tried RX 480 on Akitio yet). NA211TB may struggle in OS X Valley benchmark due to RX 480’s power drops, but will punch through. Your system might be more stable on Windows. Have you tried my suggested steps on Windows 10? Says Win8.1 on the title.

3 hours ago, goalque said:

@FricoRico

Apology accepted. No one except we two have successfully accelerated RX 480 with the MBP11,5 on macOS Sierra beta. iGPU only Macs are much easier.

The main reason for not revealing the procedure is that some shady companies such as bizon-tech will surely grab and re-pack it into their “installation tool” if this comes open source. A couple of more front-page ads and novice users do a “click & buy”. I won’t let that happen.

I think that the issue lies in the GPU chipset. Some AMDs are more error-prone with a single-slot enclosure. It won’t help if you change to Sonnet SEL, 6361A or others, they behave the same way. I’ve removed the 4-pin power cable, tried out 3 different high quality ATX PSUs, high quality powered risers (both back/front powered), Nando’s taping tricks and several soldering methods - they did have an influence on stability but at some point a system crash occured (haven't tried RX 480 on Akitio yet). NA211TB may struggle in OS X Valley benchmark due to RX 480’s power drops, but will punch through. Your system might be more stable on Windows. Have you tried my suggested steps on Windows 10? Says Win8.1 on the title.

Yes I've tried it multiple times but failed to keep the main screen black. At first it will not show the loader, but then when Windows is almost done booting, the internal screen comes on. I have not been able to get any image from my eGPU to my screen. I do get the XConnect messages, but it makes no difference. The performance stays the same.

2 hours ago, FricoRico said:

Yes I've tried it multiple times but failed to keep the main screen black. At first it will not show the loader, but then when Windows is almost done booting, the internal screen comes on. I have not been able to get any image from my eGPU to my screen. I do get the XConnect messages, but it makes no difference. The performance stays the same.

It’s also worth to try the following:

1) Boot into OS X without the eGPU and turn off the -a mode: sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh -m

2) Boot into OS X without the eGPU and shut down

3) Boot into EFI app without the eGPU and select “Reset system”, hold down the Option key, launch the EFI app again and press esc, and the F2 key (shut down)

4) Power on the eGPU

5) Connect the TB cable closest to the MagSafe power connector, and power on the Mac

6) Hold down the Option key and launch the EFI app

7) Select “Switch screen” to [eGPU], the menu appears on the eGPU monitor instantly

8) Select “Disable dGPU”

9) Select “Load Windows”

10) If you’re lucky, the login screen shows up on the eGPU monitor

11) Install AMD driver

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64 (Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Hotfix).

Thanks for the detailed walkthrough @goalque. I would have never tried it the way. I have managed to get the login screen through the eGPU several times now. However it is very unstable and crashes as soon as I log in. I wonder if it crashes because of driver issues or it crashes because of power issues. Tried both HDMI connection and DisplayPort and both seem to behave the same way. Sometimes it crashes before I log in, where in both cases my eGPU does not output any signal anymore (not even black).

In all cases my internal screen stays completely black now, wether it was a successful boot or an unsuccessful one. Furthermore I was only able to see my login screen if I installed the latest AMD drivers beforehand by doing the following:

1. Removing all bootcamp drivers
  2. Booting with eGPU plugged in where it is detected without BSOD on boot
  3. Then right clicking the device and pointing to the extracted AMD drivers

I kept the dGPU uninstalled and only being detected as a 'Windows display adapter'. I also had no other crimson software, which could be installed when I have the AMD RX480 drivers manually installed first. Booting without drivers installed does not give me the 'whoosh' nor any screen output.

When I boot with the drivers I hear the 'whoosh' 8/10 times usually also the login screen appears. In any case it all feels a lot less random.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @goalque! I tried that before but you convinced me to try it one last time. I payed extra care on the soldering used Chipquick for an extra clean soldering result. Also soldered in C4 and C3 as suggested in another post.

I come with great news! I managed to get the RX480 working and 'stable' in Windows 10 using the latest Crimson drivers (16.8.3). I used the supplied steps above, using your application to boot into Windows. As before the eGPU gave me a whoosh and also a screen (booting 10/10 into Windows now). Then went for the 3D Mark 11 Advanced test and hoped for the best. I was rewarded generously with a great score and no crashes:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11550574

I couldn't be more excited! For now, I haven't tested Valley on Mac OSX yet and went straight for a Windows test. I suspect that I will still see freezes and crashes under Mac OS because I suspect that their driver does not incorporate the PCIe power draw fix like the Linux Kernel and Windows drivers do. Hopefully AMD will fix that in the future, but that is pure speculation.

For future refrence by others, these are the steps I took:

1. Soldered in C4 using 10uF 16V capacitor and C3 using a 100uF 16V capacitor that I had laying around
  2. Wired two thick wires from J6 to A1 and B2 on the PCIe 16x lane
  3. Created a barrel plug with a double ground and a double 12V wire
  4. Used insulation tape to isolate the PCIe points A1-3 & B1-3 on the Thunderbolt board

I will disclose the software side later if @goalque allows me to. I'm not sure if we want to keep the procedure confidential for now as well. Thank Bizon Box for this non-sense, this should be open-sourced!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello FricoRico and goalque
Im going to build an egpu (akitio thunder2 + rx480 + dell 220w ps) for my late 2011 imac (i5 2400s)

My imac has the thunderbolt1 port and discrete gpu 6750M .I believe thunderbolt 1 will be good enough because  rx480 performs well in low bandwidth. I saw scores from EXP GDC setup and if that scores are true the performance is around 85% of desktop performance.

Just a silly question because im lost in this part.

Did you manage to get internal  screen to work or only works on extrenal display?

I will use under windows 10 + sierra when apple officially release it.

Thanks

Edited by Mike85b

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 2015 15" MBP R9 M370x + RX480@16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10/OSX10.12
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 4:57 PM, Mike85b said:

Hello FricoRico and goalque
Im going to build an egpu (akitio thunder2 + rx480 + dell 220w ps) for my late 2011 imac (i5 2400s)

My imac has the thunderbolt1 port and discrete gpu 6750M .I believe thunderbolt 1 will be good enough because  rx480 performs well in low bandwidth. I saw scores from EXP GDC setup and if that scores are true the performance is around 85% of desktop performance.

Just a silly question because im lost in this part.

Did you manage to get internal  screen to work or only works on extrenal display?

I will use under windows 10 + sierra when apple officially release it.

Thanks

Actually, with the latest AMD Drivers this might be very possible to achieve. Basically eGPUs are now natively compatible with dGPU under Windows, making it really easy to work. I have not tested acceleration on the internal display as my Macbook is docked in a HengeDock. Other than the hardware issues you might face trying to feed the graphics card enough power, this is a really nice setup.

I am planning to get Rx480 too, after reading this I glad that I went with Highpoint RocketStor 6361A which require no modification except redirect Molex to connect with PSU (I feel uneasy with soldering).

Already test with my old ATI 5850 every thing went fine. I just plug in and first time it reboot after windows load, next time it boot normally and after a short while it update as ATI 5800 Series.

And with 5850 consume more Watt than Rx480, it should be fine (but don't sure about slot draw / this one got 2x6pins). It's a bit pricier than Akitio $234 vs $219.

But I have some question about iGPU and eGPU, May I use one monitor on Rx480 and another one on iGPU HD4000? Currently my computer only detect monitor connect with ATI 5800 but another one on HD4000 is no signal. (I haven't install driver yet since I don't want it to interfere with new card)

Still deciding between Rx480 and GTX1060 but GTX1060 have problem with driver on macOS.

Sorry for asking here, I will start my own topic soon.

Thank you.

Edited by boeonoz

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:40 AM, goalque said:

@FricoRico

I haven't read this thru that very few manage to run with rx480 but already got my hand on Rx480 now stuck with my nightmare. Btw I use Mac mini, with HD5850 it work fine.

Windows keep error 43, then 12 and with DSDT override sometime I got to see AMD XConnect notification for few sec then system down.

Anybody with problematic R9 xxx or RXxxx cards in Windows pls try to disable power management to see if this makes a difference. It was noted that large power fluctuations (I believe it was by @goalque ) are seen on R9 xxx or newer cards that weren't there previously causing instability in TB chassis.

* ULPS power management:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316913-ulps-ultra-low-power-state-disable-amd-crossfirex.html

* PCIe power management

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292971-pcie-link-state-power-management-turn-off-windows.html

* Prevent downclocking of card using ClockBlocker:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404465

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:22 AM, boeonoz said:
22 hours ago, boeonoz said:

I haven't read this thru that very few manage to run with rx480 but already got my hand on Rx480 now stuck with my nightmare. Btw I use Mac mini, with HD5850 it work fine.

Windows keep error 43, then 12 and with DSDT override sometime I got to see AMD XConnect notification for few sec then system down.

I am planning to get Rx480 too, after reading this I glad that I went with Highpoint RocketStor 6361A which require no modification except redirect Molex to connect with PSU (I feel uneasy with soldering).

Already test with my old ATI 5850 every thing went fine. I just plug in and first time it reboot after windows load, next time it boot normally and after a short while it update as ATI 5800 Series.

And with 5850 consume more Watt than Rx480, it should be fine (but don't sure about slot draw / this one got 2x6pins). It's a bit pricier than Akitio $234 vs $219.

But I have some question about iGPU and eGPU, May I use one monitor on Rx480 and another one on iGPU HD4000? Currently my computer only detect monitor connect with ATI 5800 but another one on HD4000 is no signal. (I haven't install driver yet since I don't want it to interfere with new card)

Still deciding between Rx480 and GTX1060 but GTX1060 have problem with driver on macOS.

Sorry for asking here, I will start my own topic soon.

Thank you.

For me and @goalque it is really easy to use the eGPU in Windows now because of our dedicated AMD GPU that is inside the current MacBook Pro's. AMD have set up the drivers so that it works nicely with dGPU's enabled.

However, I do not see any reason why your setup might not behave the same way as ours would. Have you hardware modded the enclosure so that the RX480 received enough power through the PCIe slot? What is your booting proces?  What drivers do you have installed in Windows? Are you running the latest AMD drivers?

6 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Anybody with problematic R9 xxx or RXxxx cards in Windows pls try to disable power management to see if this makes a difference. It was noted that large power fluctuations (I believe it was by @goalque ) are seen on R9 xxx or newer cards that weren't there previously causing instability in TB chassis.

* ULPS power management:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316913-ulps-ultra-low-power-state-disable-amd-crossfirex.html

* PCIe power management

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292971-pcie-link-state-power-management-turn-off-windows.html

These are good tips by the way! I already did this myself as I suspected that the PCIe Power Management caused my eGPU to crash when it was idle.

14 minutes ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

* ULPS power management:

* PCIe power management

Thank you, will try it soon.

I want to try your Setup 1.x too but I don't have PayPal (I mean I can't have one) do you have another payment? Skrill/MoneyBooker should be possible. Thank you again.

Just now, FricoRico said:

For me and @goalque it is really easy to use the eGPU in Windows now because of our dedicated AMD GPU that is inside the current MacBook Pro's. AMD have set up the drivers so that it works nicely with dGPU's enabled.

However, I do not see any reason why your setup might not behave the same way as ours would. Have you hardware modded the enclosure so that the RX480 received enough power through the PCIe slot? What is your booting proces?  What drivers do you have installed in Windows? Are you running the latest AMD drivers?

These are good tips by the way! I already did this myself as I suspected that the PCIe Power Management caused my eGPU to crash when it was idle.

I still confusing too, HD5850 works fine but not with Rx480. But my Rx480 is Custom (XFX GTR rx480 Black Edition) I don't know this cause problem or not.

I use Highpoint Rocketstor 6361A with no mod since molex can be power directly, and GPU Power LED show stable Power Supply.

I am running clean install Windows 10 (Not Anniversary Edition)

With Driver 16.10.1 I got Error 43 = No workout at all / Try removed driver still same

With Driver 16.7.1 I got Error 12 = I use DSDT Override then eGPU work screen show 1080p with AMD XConnect / iGPU not display and after few sec system shutdown or get bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR ``something

I am nearly be a zombie try to get it working.

5 minutes ago, boeonoz said:

I still confusing too, HD5850 works fine but not with Rx480. But my Rx480 is Custom (XFX GTR rx480 Black Edition) I don't know this cause problem or not.

I use Highpoint Rocketstor 6361A with no mod since molex can be power directly, and GPU Power LED show stable Power Supply.

I am running clean install Windows 10 (Not Anniversary Edition)

With Driver 16.10.1 I got Error 43 = No workout at all / Try removed driver still same

With Driver 16.7.1 I got Error 12 = I use DSDT Override then eGPU work screen show 1080p with AMD XConnect / iGPU not display and after few sec system shutdown or get bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR ``something

I am nearly be a zombie try to get it working.

For me the iGPU is also not showing, this seems to be correct behaviour. The fact that it crashes soon after seems to be a PCIe power issue to me. Other than that, 16.10.1 should also work, have you tried doing DSDT Override with these drivers as well?

I am not sure about the Highpoint Rocketstor 6361A, I've seen it on the forums before and indeed the molex seems promising. Not sure on the components that come after the molex power though, these must also be rated for the right amount of power. The R9/RX series are really hard to please when it comes to powering them.

Just now, FricoRico said:

For me the iGPU is also not showing, this seems to be correct behaviour. The fact that it crashes soon after seems to be a PCIe power issue to me. Other than that, 16.10.1 should also work, have you tried doing DSDT Override with these drivers as well?

I am not sure about the Highpoint Rocketstor 6361A, I've seen it on the forums before and indeed the molex seems promising. Not sure on the components that come after the molex power though, these must also be rated for the right amount of power. The R9/RX series are really hard to please when it comes to powering them.

I am trying to change ULPS/PCIe Power Management but haven't read it thru.

OH I didn't know that your iGPU won't work too. Anyway once I get both to work but with Error 31 on Rx480, So I have HD4000 and Rx480 (Error 31) display multi screen. I don't know how I did it, just try many thing around it happen during I try to fix system crash.

I didn't use goalque script now since I only have DEMO it cannot boot Windows/OSX.

EDIT. Just add PCI BUS , is it wrong? Currently is Error 43, I will switch to 16.7.1 to test it again.

DSDT.jpg

Edited by boeonoz

OMG! I got it to work!! I have to salute you @FricoRico and @Tech Inferno Fan

It really Rx480 PCI-e x16 BUS power issue.

Power 8pin LED stable so I think overall ok, but it's not. Now I change my setup a bit by separate Power rail to X16 Board and X4 TB Board, now it work.

I have seen other setup user 1 rail for both.

Really thanks. Gonna benchmark now.

Anyway I still confuse, card can pass stress test on macOS LuxMark 3 with 1 rail power.

Edited by boeonoz

4 minutes ago, boeonoz said:

OMG! I got it to work!! I have to salute you @FricoRico and @Tech Inferno Fan

It really Rx480 PCI-e x16 BUS power issue.

Power 8pin LED stable so I think overall ok, but it's not. Now I change my setup a bit by separate Power rail to X16 Board and X4 TB Board, now it work.

I have seen other setup user 1 rail for both.

Really thanks. Gonna benchmark now.

Anyway I still confuse, card can pass stress test on macOS LuxMark 3 with 1 rail power.

Make sure you pass the 3D Mark 11 Physics Tests a couple of times. This is a good indication for a stable eGPU

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FricoRico said:

Make sure you pass the 3D Mark 11 Physics Tests a couple of times. This is a good indication for a stable eGPU

Ugh, it died half way thru benchmark.

There is no compatibility mode setting in 16.7.1, because of Xconnect?

I cannot reinstall driver, system will freeze.

After I taking riser card out, system a bit more stable. Complete a few benchmark, some got higher score than my old desktop (i5-750). Got P12761 in 3Dmark 11 Performance

Complete 2 benchmark, but problem is I need a riser to fit in case. This is critical hit! 9999!!

Edited by boeonoz

59 minutes ago, boeonoz said:

After I taking riser card out, system a bit more stable. Complete a few benchmark, some got higher score than my old desktop (i5-750). Got P12761 in 3Dmark 11 Performance

Complete 2 benchmark, but problem is I need a riser to fit in case. This is critical hit! 9999!!

Didn't see mention of a riser before. Yes, a riser degrades the gen2 signal and explains your instability.  If you need to use it in a chassis then consider transplanting your TB enclosure internals into your chassis.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Didn't see mention of a riser before. Yes, a riser degrades the gen2 signal and explains your instability.  If you need to use it in a chassis then consider transplanting your TB enclosure internals into your chassis.

Sorry, I get same result of error and system freeze with riser and without it, I forgot to mention it. T_T

But now everything is stable Thanks to you both, I think I will start a benchmark setup thread soon. Only problem is driver issue, but I will try it later on.

Thank you again.