Clevo p651RP/RS vs i7 6820HK

Hi there someone knows about these CPU performance in this thin clevos? I want to buy one of these with HK and push it to 4/4.1 ghz. I need thin and powerful thing so dektop P7XX are out for me and from what i see i7 6700HQ canbe limit  for1060 and 1070...

The version with 1060 looks cool enough (CPU temperature in the worst conditions)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P507-Clevo-P651RP6-G-Notebook-Review.172321.0.html

The thing is that this p651 still has separate CPU and GPU cooling while 1070 has a shared one. In that case i'm worried that much hotter GPU will transform more heat to CPU thus reducing overclocking capability...

So if anyone has info about RS temperatures in extreme conditions please share his/her info.

• Thumbs Up 1

If CPU performance matters to you, don't even look at this laptop until the throttling gets fixed. Stock EC causes massive CPU throttling by ICCMax down to stock Turbo Boost or lower whenever GPU is loaded, making overclocking worthless. It's the same bullcrap that affected the last two generations of this model.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Legion said:

I'm going to get this one by Prema partner shop (the same as in footnote) so with Prema magic this software problem won't be a problem anymore (i think).

I'd take a wait-and-see approach. The Prema mod didn't fix it for the P6xxSG/SE, and no mod was ever publicly available for the P6xxRG/RE.

Edited by octiceps

18 hours ago, octiceps said:

I'd take a wait-and-see approach. The Prema mod didn't fix it for the P6xxSG/SE, and no mod was ever publicly available for the P6xxRG/RE.

Thanks for info but Prema made BIOS for P6xxRG/RE but i don't know if it contained this fix or not...

2 hours ago, Legion said:

Thanks for info but Prema made BIOS for P6xxRG/RE but i don't know if it contained this fix or not...

If he made one, he never released it publicly after the incident AKAIK. If you have it, you can test by monitoring CPU frequency when both CPU and GPU are loaded.

37 minutes ago, octiceps said:

If he made one, he never released it publicly after the incident AKAIK. If you have it, you can test by monitoring CPU frequency when both CPU and GPU are loaded.

Maybe you didn't know but some BIOS and vBIOS are available only through his partner shops (like P6XXRe/RG BIOS or 3gb 970M vBIOS).

19 minutes ago, Legion said:

Maybe you didn't know but some BIOS and vBIOS are available only through his partner shops (like P6XXRe/RG BIOS or 3gb 970M vBIOS).

I know, that's what I meant by "publicly available" as opposed to going through one of his partner shops. I bought my Clevo from Eurocom which is a Prema partner.