P670RS-G Custom Fan not working

NomadFX

Hey guys,

i have a few probs with my new  P670RS-G. 

win 10 anny

newest nvidia driver

gtx 1070

i7 6700hq

i cant get the custom fan profile working. i tried CCC version x.72 (shipped version), x.58 (from clevo download) and x.39 (from my old P706 XMG)

the fan cooler is doing what he wants, he start at 50-51° with full speed and stops at 47°, no matter which custom setting i try.

on top of that the x.72 version does not recognize my fan settings after a reboot. realy frustrating. i did several clean windows installations with different driver setups, it just dont work.

discrete or hybrid modus have both this problem.

bios and ec is 1.05.01. 

if you need an further infos, ls let me know, any! tips are welcome.

is hat a known, comon issue? google doesnt help here :/

problem nr. 2: my audio driver setup is looping a deinstallation routine, deinstall, reboot, deinstall, reboot infinite. i tried to uninstall the audio driver manually but it doesnt work.

aaand, is there a way to disable the oem bootlogo with uefi boot enabled? or can i change the logo somehow? do i need uefi boot? guess i do?

Edited by NomadFX

1 hour ago, NomadFX said:

Hey guys,

i have a few probs with my new  P670RS-G. 

win 10 anny

newest nvidia driver

gtx 1070

i7 6700hq

i cant get the custom fan profile working. i tried CCC version x.72 (shipped version), x.58 (from clevo download) and x.39 (from my old P706 XMG)

the fan cooler is doing what he wants, he start at 50-51° with full speed and stops at 47°, no matter which custom setting i try.

on top of that the x.72 version does not recognize my fan settings after a reboot. realy frustrating. i did several clean windows installations with different driver setups, it just dont work.

discrete or hybrid modus have both this problem.

bios and ec is 1.05.01. 

if you need an further infos, ls let me know, any! tips are welcome.

is hat a known, comon issue? google doesnt help here :/

problem nr. 2: my audio driver setup is looping a deinstallation routine, deinstall, reboot, deinstall, reboot infinite. i tried to uninstall the audio driver manually but it doesnt work.

aaand, is there a way to disable the oem bootlogo with uefi boot enabled? or can i change the logo somehow? do i need uefi boot? guess i do?

Sager has a later CCC x.81 that solved a lot of problems on my P751DM2. When it comes to the not recognize fan settings, I just removed XTU-Services.exe that CCC installs with Autoruns and problem solved.

Edited by steberg

2 minutes ago, NomadFX said:

interesting. can you provide me a link to the x.82 CCC? i will try the xtu thing. byby undervolting i guess :/

No, the good thing is that the undervolt will stay if you have enabled it before. When CCC starts it can not determine whether the undervolt is OC or UV, so it takes the safe route and always enable the OC fan profile in CCC. But with XTU-service gone it will stay with the selected fan profile even after reboot.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers/misc/P750DM2-G/win10/07_Hotkey.exe

My custom fan profile is; starts at 55C and stops at 45C which is working fine, but the fan speed slider is not doing anything, because it always goes full blast for 2 minutes, even though I set fan speed to 50% and not 80%. I would like the fan to blow softly for 3-4 minutes instead of full blast. This because I use my notebook at work, kind of embarrassing sitting in a meeting and the fan kicks in.