Brian

I caved and bought the new Titan X

You know, I really hate myself, I do. I swore to myself this time, "don't fall for NVIDIAs shit, you can resist the temptation of Titan X". So I held out, bought a 1080 thinking "ok I got this!". What helped even more was it was constantly out of stock on their website. So tonight I just check it for shits and giggles and what do you know, it's in stock. My finger starts twitching and I'm thinking, "oh fuck no you aren't!" and the next thing I know, I'm at the checkout process w/next day shipping. God damn you NVIDIA! I know in a few months I'll look back on this post and think, "damn I'm an idiot" but what the hell.

Update a day later (today):

It arrived this afternoon and it's definitely an impressive card. My biggest gripe is I have to set the fan to 90% when its boosting to 2 ghz in order to keep it from going above 80c. Since I game with headphones on, that's not a big deal for me. In overwatch with the gtx 1080 @ 2.05 ghz and 1440p max settings I wasn't able to get above 90-95 fps. This card stays in the 130-144 fps range which is perfect for my display. 

Pics: https://m.imgur.com/a/y58A5

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations my Friend... enjoy the power of the GPU master

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

You need help my friend.

No seriously, enjoy the card, even though it doesnt make sense from a financial point of view. Many people would be jealous. At least you can run everything for the next 5 years, so on a yearly basis it is quite cheap? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, maarten said:

You need help my friend.

No seriously, enjoy the card, even though it doesnt make sense from a financial point of view. Many people would be jealous. At least you can run everything for the next 5 years, so on a yearly basis it is quite cheap? :)

I never keep cards longer than 18 months soo... :D

I'm not going to lie, I really want to do the same thing. Just curious, how do you feel about it now that it's been about a month?

The only thing holding me back is that I don't know what to do with my 1080. I've never sold a card before [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2016 at 9:53 AM, maarten said:

You need help my friend.

I'm loving it, it was a good decision for me since i game at 1440p and the 1080 wasn't cutting it. If you're in a similar situation, I'd sell the 1080. I sell all my video cards on hardocp.com forums. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm loving it, it was a good decision for me since i game at 1440p and the 1080 wasn't cutting it. If you're in a similar situation, I'd sell the 1080. I sell all my video cards on hardocp.com forums. 

Thanks man! I fully plan on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, I really hate myself, I do. I swore to myself this time, "don't fall for NVIDIAs shit, you can resist the temptation of Titan X". So I held out, bought a 1080 thinking "ok I got this!". What helped even more was it was constantly out of stock on their website. So tonight I just check it for shits and giggles and what do you know, it's in stock. My finger starts twitching and I'm thinking, "oh fuck no you aren't!" and the next thing I know, I'm at the checkout process w/next day shipping. God damn you NVIDIA! I know in a few months I'll look back on this post and think, "damn I'm an idiot" but what the hell.

Update a day later (today):

It arrived this afternoon and it's definitely an impressive card. My biggest gripe is I have to set the fan to 90% when its boosting to 2 ghz in order to keep it from going above 80c. Since I game with headphones on, that's not a big deal for me. In overwatch with the gtx 1080 @ 2.05 ghz and 1440p max settings I wasn't able to get above 90-95 fps. This card stays in the 130-144 fps range which is perfect for my display. 

Pics: https://m.imgur.com/a/y58A5

Water cool it!

Sent from my overpriced Galaxy S6 Edge +

8 hours ago, deadsmiley said:

Water cool it!

With no custom bios it's not worth it. Nobody has cracked pascal yet.

With no custom bios it's not worth it. Nobody has cracked pascal yet.

Yes, but it will be much quieter. [emoji1]

1 hour ago, deadsmiley said:

Yes, but it will be much quieter. emoji1.png

I wear headphones when I game;) 

I wear headphones when I game;) 

Yes, but that noise is really bothering ME. Ha!