No boot 10.11.6 Dual 980ti via thunderbolt.

Hello, I am having an issue with connecting 2 or more GPUs to the mac pro 6,1 with 10.11.6.  Essentially I have a MAC PRO 2013 — thunderbolt Akito — Amfetec PCI Host card — Amfeltec PCI backplane — (2) 980ti.   When I plug in the first 980ti, works fine.  Second 980ti, doesnt boot.  I used the script from this site and it worked fine for a single card.  Any thoughts?  Been going nuts.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat: MP 6,1 and I need a multiple external GPU solution.  The best one I've found so far is this:

http://www.maxexpansion.com/cube3-metal-expansion-enclosure-8-pcie-x8-slots

Really I'm just waiting on Pascal drivers to drop, although if things go south I could boot camp a mac mini to drive it.

Let us know what you figure out!

On 24/08/2016 at 4:38 AM, nickatitfactor said:

Hello, I am having an issue with connecting 2 or more GPUs to the mac pro 6,1 with 10.11.6.  Essentially I have a MAC PRO 2013 — thunderbolt Akito — Amfetec PCI Host card — Amfeltec PCI backplane — (2) 980ti.   When I plug in the first 980ti, works fine.  Second 980ti, doesnt boot.  I used the script from this site and it worked fine for a single card.  Any thoughts?  Been going nuts.

Use 2 AKiTiO boxes rather than the Amfeltec PCI backplane. This then places a video card below different TB bridges. Can use multi-GPU video cards like a Titan Z as shown by @nesonehttps://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6741-2013-13-macbook-pro-2-x-titan_z16gbps-tb2-akitio-thunder2-osx1010-nesone/#comment-103971