[POLL] PASCAL MXM GPU UPGRADES

2 hours ago, octiceps said:

Just wait until tomorrow, new versions of AB and RTSS will be released which support DX12 OSD for single and explicit mGPU in Win32 (not UWP) games.

46 minutes ago, octiceps said:

Which is why I explicitly mentioned Win32 only. UWP support isn't planned. Vulkan is getting added in the near future.

Ah, OK. When you said "not UWP" games I was not sure if that mean all or 64-bit UWP would be supported. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my end.

It sucks that we are back to no 64-bit support from RTSS again. GoW4 is my first and only DX12 game and I'm already pissed off by several things about it... the UWP part is especially undesirable. I'd love to see Vulkan displace DX12and ultimately have DX12 be regarded by the game developer and gaming community at large as a failure.  Micro$haft deserve any and all kinds of hurt we can wish on them for being such a bunch of retarded losers, LOL.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Ah, OK. When you said "not UWP" games I was not sure if that mean all or 64-bit UWP would be supported. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my end.

It sucks that we are back to no 64-bit support from RTSS again. GoW4 is my first and only DX12 game and I'm already pissed off by several things about it... the UWP part is especially undesirable. I'd love to see Vulkan displace DX12and ultimately have DX12 be regarded by the game developer and gaming community at large as a failure.  Micro$haft deserve any and all kinds of hurt we can wish on them for being such a bunch of retarded losers, LOL.

I think you're still misunderstanding. I don't mean 32-bit or 64-bit, I mean Win32 or WinAPI, which is the traditional executable-based games that preceded UWP.

More reading on the problems with UWP: http://www.pcgamer.com/why-pc-games-should-never-become-universal-apps/

As mentioned, UWAs can't be hooked, which makes overlays like RTSS incompatible.

Edited by octiceps

38 minutes ago, octiceps said:

I think you're still misunderstanding. I don't mean 32-bit or 64-bit, I mean Win32 or WinAPI, which is the traditional executable-based games that preceded UWP.

More reading on the problems with UWP: http://www.pcgamer.com/why-pc-games-should-never-become-universal-apps/

As mentioned, UWAs can't be hooked, which makes overlays like RTSS incompatible.

You're right. I still did not. Thanks for the link. I understand now and I appreciate it. I haven't paid much attention to Windows 10 or UWP because it sucks and I generally try to avoid contact with that kind of filth.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2016 at 3:26 PM, Mr. Fox said:

OK, I just did. Sadly, it still has a wimpy 100mV offset for voltage, so it won't be of any value to me. Unless you know a way I can tweak it to get my full 1.300V GPU voltage max.

Edit: Equally sad, looks like the RC of RTSS does not support DX12 UWP games. At least it doesn't output anything to OSD for Gears of War 4. W10 sucks, LOL.

1.3V only voltage controllers with I2C programming support.

Unwinder mentioned that UWP is not planned and probably will never happen, now he's saying "not planned" progress indeed lol...following his work for many years. Regardless, UWP needs to fail miserably.

Since July a few apps support FPS overlays. Yes UWAs can be hooked.

P870DM owners... Feel sorry for them.

Less than 1 year later, the exact same design, the P870DM3 is available with 1070/1080 sli options while the P870DM can't get past a 980(desktop)...

And not to mention that this is an extremely expensive machine, you can't get a new one for less than 2000$.

Terrible... Just terrible. Upgrades are better for everyone and everything, less, much less waste of resources. But companies get so greedy they just want to make everything dispoasable so you can buy a whole new expensive system a year or two later...

Still, a desktop will always be better and cheaper. Just not mobile but fuck that since power hungry laptops like the P570WM or P870DM are so heavy you would need transportation to travel with them anyway unless for really short distances.

I love big, heavy, powerful monster laptops. Traveling with them is fine, too. I've never had any issue with it and I've done it a lot. I think it's more fun than toting around a wimpy little pansy-boy BGA turdbook.

The P870DM-G is still a fine machine that is totally unmatched by anything other than the P870DM2/3. And, it can be upgraded to 1070. 

What happened is certainly not ideal. It's a shame, in fact. But, I doubt it was malicious as much as just stupidity and not thinking ahead on Clevo's part.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I love big, heavy, powerful monster laptops. Traveling with them is fine, too. I've never had any issue with it and I've done it a lot. I think it's more fun than toting around a wimpy little pansy-boy BGA turdbook.

The P870DM-G is still a fine machine that is totally unmatched by anything other than the P870DM2/3. And, it can be upgraded to 1070. 

What happened is certainly not ideal. It's a shame, in fact. But, I doubt it was malicious as much as just stupidity and not thinking ahead on Clevo's part.

I love them too. Design-wise, and also because of their much greater hardware specs and upgreadable ability. Altho for me, it's only Clevo and MSI(don't like Alienwares and ASUS). Clevo has that desktop CPU sweet-spot, MSI is a beauty.

Yeah, you can upgrade to a 1070, but you can't SLI and upgrade to 1080. :S

Although, gaming in a 17 inch display, I personally think FHD is more than enough and for a 1070, that's already pretty enough performance power to run any game at ultra high fps. And it's also very future for the next gen of games. But yes, for more enthusiast people, it's still a stupid decision. Since this model supports QHD and UHD pannels, as well as 120hz pannels that with a 1070, in some titles, you can't max out.

Yes, you can upgrade a 980 to a 1070=980 factory o'ced, fine. Clevo are good laptops, but they are not upgradable at all; i mean not over many GPU generations but the current one. you can do upgrade if, and only if the community find a way to allow it. Crap......

After more Clevo that i would like to admit, i quit. Going to give a try on a MSI GT73. yep with an heretic BGA cpu shit, but at least with the hope the pass one or two gpu upgrades. 

well....having my p170em upgraded for about 800€ i have 2 say gpu upgrading is not that important tbh. i now have a machine with dp1.1 no pciE ssd and so on, ofc the cpu is capable and the 980m is/was too but 800€ is just 2 much 4 an upgrade and msi calls the same prices if not more.

the platform/mobo just gets 2 old i/o wise so i will have 2 buch a new machine in 2017 and i m pretty sure it will be a desktop pc this time