Selling PE4L V2.1b and GTX750

Hi all,

I'm looking to sell a PE4L V2.1b (Expresscard Version) and GTX750. I have used them both reliably on my Thinkpad X230t, achieving x1.2Opt and able to run pretty much any game decently well, for the past year without any issues. This setup works great as a portable setup since the GTX750 doesn't require external power. I recently bought a desktop so I have no further need for them. Here is a link to the graphics card. I'm looking to sell the PE4L for $60 (got it for $70) and the GTX750 for $70 (got it for $90) or $120 for both, with a flat rate of $5 for shipping. Here's a picture of my previous setup that I was running off the eGPU. If you have any questions or want more pictures of the parts, please PM me! 

Thanks!

Edited by disaccurate

• 1 month later...

Nice to meet you. I bought a lenovo thinkpad t420 yesterday on ebay and I want to install an egpu on it. So maybe you can help me with some advice because you have a very similar PC. :sorcerer: It is worth it or not, based on your experience? 

Edited by edvargas3

The experience was worth it for me. I was able to have an almost plug and play experience with the setup and had a portable setup (the laptop itself) and was able to use more gpu intensive programs such as CAD when plugged into the eGPU. This allowed me to have a great combination of portability and power when I needed either. Thinkpads typically are very easy to setup with the exception of the 8GB memory limit due to memory configurations on some BIOS's. I'm not quite sure if that's still an issue with that memory configuration.

I would like to bring this discussion about price into PMs, but you don't have enough posts to PM yet... 

Yes I cant PM because im new in the forum. I started my research on egpu's a couple of weeks ago but after thinking about it I was like :hyper:whatever lets do it. So I bought the lenovo and now im searching for the rest. So your setup doesnt needs additional power supply? Just plug the expresscard to the laptop and the gpu to the adapter and thats it? You can use laptop display for gaming or only external display?

It only requires a power supply for the PE4L board since the GTX750 is powered through the PCIe slot. It can be powered by either an ATX power supply or laptop power supply (12v barrel connector I think), the second also requires a USB to USB cable in order to power the board. The whole system will run at x1.2Opt, but slightly worse performance on the internal display since nVidia will be using Optimus to run that display. On the external display, I was able to run Battlefield 4 at medium settings with consistent 60 fps. Just one thing to watch out for is the USB bus usage -- I had some issues when I had too many USB devices plugged in and would get BSODs occasionally.